LG V30
Apr 10, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #3,016 of 6,140
Not necessarily true, plug in your cable to the headphone jack with one monitor not connected to the cable and that will trigger "aux" mode, then connect the unconnected monitor... plenty of power

Not quite sure what you mean by 'monitor' there but basically, you can replicate the process repeatedly and without fail just using an open adaptor jack or jack extension.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3pc...32798301870.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.dJXEsX

i) Just plug it in without the headphone / earphone FIRST. It will induce " external device " or Aux mode on the LG Quad DAC phones.
ii) Then you plug in your desired headphone / earphone. The Aux mode will give you an additional 30~40% more power in its output based on what I have tried so far.

It will drive power hungry, low sensitivity planars like the Sundara and Aeon (closed and open) to levels that are too uncomfortable for most people.

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #3,017 of 6,140
High impedance = more power = more noise... ==> Stay in normal mode
An impedance adapter will negate the additional power you draw, especially in the 60-75 ohm area, and the signal won't get cleaner by adding things in the chain.

Your source need a lower impedance than your IEM in order to keep the signal clean. If it's not the case, there is no easy trick to reduce hiss/noise.
Thanks for your clarification! Much appreciated!

Apr 10, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #3,018 of 6,140
Not quite sure what you mean by 'monitor' there but basically, you can replicate the process repeatedly and without fail just using an open adaptor jack or jack extension.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3pc...32798301870.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.dJXEsX

i) Just plug it in without the headphone / earphone FIRST. It will induce " external device " or Aux mode on the LG Quad DAC phones.
ii) Then you plug in your desired headphone / earphone. The Aux mode will give you an additional 30~40% more power in its output based on what I have tried so far.

It will drive power hungry, low sensitivity planars like the Sundara and Aeon (closed and open) to levels that are too uncomfortable for most people.

IEM = In Ear Monitor...

I get what you are saying but why purchase something completely unnecessary, to use "aux" mode when using the existing cable works? I also could never drive my Aeon Open to uncomfortable levels with the LG V30, but the aux mode certainly did help drive them, again I never did crank the volume all of the way but I think I could have.

Apr 10, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #3,020 of 6,140
Not every IEM or Headphone has cable connections that can be separated. ( if that is what you're talking about there).
Granted there are some that don't have detachable cables and yes that is what I am talking about.

Apr 11, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #3,021 of 6,140
I'm choosing betwenn a v30 and a v30+. I know v30 can stream MQA via Tidal Android app but not sure about v30+ (regardless of UAPP app). And also, will v30 Oreo update have LDAC support? Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #3,022 of 6,140
I'm choosing betwenn a v30 and a v30+. I know v30 can stream MQA via Tidal Android app but not sure about v30+ (regardless of UAPP app). And also, will v30 Oreo update have LDAC support? Thanks in advance :)

Both V30 and V30+ are able to stream MQA via Tidal, there isn't any difference between the two when it comes to the audio and according to Oreo update there is LDAC support.

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #3,024 of 6,140
And... No need to play tricks with adapter cables. The UI just let's you choose between low and high gain. :)

Could you mind describing lg v30 vs m0 please. Curious to know.

Apr 11, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #3,025 of 6,140
Could you mind describing lg v30 vs m0 please. Curious to know.
Anybody remember the 6th generation iPod Nano? This was a great little device that Apple made before they ditched the headphone jack to boost their BT headphone sales and then totally threw in the towel on dedicated music players. The M0 is basically a 6th gen Nano on steroids - perhaps what the Nano would have become if Apple hadn't sold out for corporate $$$$s. The M0 is a similar width and height, but a little thicker. It uses similar touch-screen controls, based on a new OS developed by Shanling. It supports Bluetooth (apt X and LDAC), around 15 hours of playback on one charge, a 0.16 Ohm z-out and comes with an optional clip case so you can wear it like the old Nano. Awesome for runners, cyclists, or any situation where you don't want a large DAP or phone bouncing around in your pocket. It has no built-in storage, but supports microSD cards up to 512 Gb. It has more output power than Shanling's larger M1 player (80 mW into 30 Ohm) and has the exact same quad DAC as the LG V30, so you'll already be familiar with the sound :wink: I've only had a chance to listen to it in a fairly noisy CanJam environment, but it looks/sounds great - it was my favorite product from this year's event.

It doesn't have wifi and doesn't support streaming of any kind - it's just intended for on-device playback. I'm not sure yet how good its shielding will be. Apparently sensitive IEMs can pick-up some high-frequency noise, but only while the screen is on. It supports USB-C and you can use it both as a USB-DAC and as a digital transport, e.g., to a Mojo or Hugo. Take a look at the spec sheet - you'll be amazed at what they managed to fit into a device this small, and at a price less than what you'd pay for most cables these days:

Apr 11, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #3,026 of 6,140
Reminds me of my iPod shuffle that I have hidden in my car.
Pretty cool. :thumbsup:

Anybody remember the 6th generation iPod Nano? This was a great little device that Apple made before they ditched the headphone jack to boost their BT headphone sales and then totally threw in the towel on dedicated music players. The M0 is basically a 6th gen Nano on steroids - perhaps what the Nano would have become if Apple hadn't sold out for corporate $$$$s. The M0 is a similar width and height, but a little thicker. It uses similar touch-screen controls, based on a new OS developed by Shanling. It supports Bluetooth (apt X and LDAC), around 15 hours of playback on one charge, a 0.16 Ohm z-out and comes with an optional clip case so you can wear it like the old Nano. Awesome for runners, cyclists, or any situation where you don't want a large DAP or phone bouncing around in your pocket. It has no built-in storage, but supports microSD cards up to 512 Gb. It has more output power than Shanling's larger M1 player (80 mW into 30 Ohm) and has the exact same quad DAC as the LG V30, so you'll already be familiar with the sound :wink: I've only had a chance to listen to it in a fairly noisy CanJam environment, but it looks/sounds great - it was my favorite product from this year's event.

It doesn't have wifi and doesn't support streaming of any kind - it's just intended for on-device playback. I'm not sure yet how good its shielding will be. Apparently sensitive IEMs can pick-up some high-frequency noise, but only while the screen is on. It supports USB-C and you can use it both as a USB-DAC and as a digital transport, e.g., to a Mojo or Hugo. Take a look at the spec sheet - you'll be amazed at what they managed to fit into a device this small, and at a price less than what you'd pay for most cables these days:

That's what I meant when I mentioned the iPod "shuffle"...really meant "Nano" :wink:

Apr 11, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #3,027 of 6,140
in every case, with this objects, great time for people like me who can not spend a lot of money in audio stuffs

Apr 11, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #3,028 of 6,140
I just realized the Andromeda sounds soooo good paired with the V30.

This will be my daily carry from now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back