LG V30
Apr 4, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #2,956 of 6,140
I'm having some odd issue with UAPP, wanted to see if hit was happening to anyone else?

To note, I posted in the UAPP thread and Davy from UAPP said he was not sure what was going on there. It may be part of the issue with the Oreo update.

So...my HD6XX's have higher volume levels when in High Impedance mode, and lower volume levels when in Auxiliary mode. Tested in the stock LG music app.

What's going on is when it's in High Impedance Mode and I select the Hires driver in UAPP, the volume levels are significantly lower as if I were in Auxiliary mode. If I switch to the Android Driver option then the full volume levels of High Impedance mode come back. If I connect the HP's in Auxiliary mode, the volume levels are equal with either Driver option.

It seems like the Hires driver option is interrupting the High Impedance Mode and restricting the amp levels on the V30 to be in Auxiliary mode.

To note, all Hires Driver flags are off, Hires driver audio format is set to Auto, and it happens regardless of the Bitperfect option being on or off, it has no effect.

So I'm wondering if anyone else had noticed this? Or could test it with your own High Impedance HP's and see if you get the same results?

Thanks!
I've had similar symptoms when the driver flags are incorrect. Oreo has screwed up a bunch of things in UAPP. Hang tight for a few more days - a fix is on the way. If you're on Oreo, I really don't recommend using UAPP until that update lands...

Apr 4, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #2,957 of 6,140
Hey guys, what do you recommend for an affordable closed back with this phone? I was a long time V10 user, and I used to use Marshall Monitors eq-ed flat on the go. I'm finding I'm not liking this pairing as much with the V30, even with similar eq. I use HD650's in the big rig if that's any help. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #2,958 of 6,140
Hey guys, what do you recommend for an affordable closed back with this phone? I was a long time V10 user, and I used to use Marshall Monitors eq-ed flat on the go. I'm finding I'm not liking this pairing as much with the V30, even with similar eq. I use HD650'S in the big rig if that's any help. Thanks in advance

>I have the Audio-Technica M50X"s which work well with the V30. I also have the Klipsh X6i which seem fairly well balanced but with some bass boost that doesn't seem to intrude on the midrange unlike the R6i from Klipsh, of coarse these Klipsh earphones are in ear monitors but they are closed earphones.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #2,959 of 6,140
>I have the Audio-Technica M50X"s which work well with the V30. I also have the Klipsh X6i which seem fairly well balanced but with some bass boost that doesn't seem to intrude on the midrange unlike the R6i from Klipsh, of coarse these Klipsh earphones are in ear monitors but they are closed earphones.
Thanks for the reply, but I had the m50's years ago and wasn't a fan of the v shaped sound signature.

Apr 4, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #2,960 of 6,140
PSB-M4u2 over-ear headphones, so comfortable and sound so good with v30. I think they sound more alive, punchy, dynamic with v30 than with portable Sony PHA-1A amp + integrated PSB amp clicked on. I haven't even tried it with v30 plus onboard amp together yet, ran out of batteries lol. Will try soon.
https://www.amazon.com/PSB-M4U-2-BLK-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B007TTD7VO

Apr 4, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #2,961 of 6,140
Apr 4, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #2,963 of 6,140
Hey guys, what do you recommend for an affordable closed back with this phone? I was a long time V10 user, and I used to use Marshall Monitors eq-ed flat on the go. I'm finding I'm not liking this pairing as much with the V30, even with similar eq. I use HD650'S in the big rig if that's any help. Thanks in advance

Final audio design Pandora or Sonorous VI really pair well with this phone. Unlike planars where you have to crank it to the very top level you barely have to go half volume with this 8ohm wonder. The only caveat is it's not at all portable and comfort level varies per person due to the weight...but the Japanese build is exemplary and sound is sublime using a mix of dynamic and IEM-like BA drivers. One of my better eBay finds I managed to get them for $280 in perfect shape just no fur lined box. They're probably double that now. I also have the Massdrop Sennheiser 6xx and there's no comparison to these in my opinion. Another take:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/review-final-pandora-hope-vi-vs-grado-ps500.781082/

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #2,964 of 6,140
Final audio design Pandora or Sonorous VI really pair well with this phone. Unlike planars where you have to crank it to the very top level you barely have to go half volume with this 8ohm wonder. The only caveat is it's not at all portable and comfort level varies per person due to the weight...but the Japanese build is exemplary and sound is sublime using a mix of dynamic and IEM-like BA drivers. One of my better eBay finds I managed to get them for $280 in perfect shape just no fur lined box. They're probably double that now. I also have the Massdrop Sennheiser 6xx and there's no comparison to these in my opinion. Another take:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/review-final-pandora-hope-vi-vs-grado-ps500.781082/
Thanks, but probably more than I'd like spend right now. Also, I may wear them on job sites, occasionally, so another reason to keep the cost down lol

Apr 5, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #2,965 of 6,140
I've had similar symptoms when the driver flags are incorrect. Oreo has screwed up a bunch of things in UAPP. Hang tight for a few more days - a fix is on the way. If you're on Oreo, I really don't recommend using UAPP until that update lands...

I got the latest 4.2 update today, but I still have the same issue. To note I also downloaded Neutron and have the same problem with that app as well.

Apr 5, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #2,966 of 6,140
Thanks for the reply, but I had the m50's years ago and wasn't a fan of the v shaped sound signature.

The M50's actually sound much better balanced than the MDR7506 which were a studio mainstay for years. Smoother & definitely sweeter. Treble not as over boosted & bass not as boomy but extended deeper. They also have a consistent sound with different amps as they have a very near flat impedance curve. Are they perfect?? No.

Truth is nothing is actually perfect no matter the cost but the M50-M50X was reviewed quite highly for their price range.

My favorite earphones at the moment are my modified HD579's from Sennheiser These definitely are on the mildly excessively warm side with a bump in output centered at 125Hz & a peak at 7KHz but offer something that I really like in terms of sound stage. These are open back which contributes much to the trait. These are also incredibly sensitive to amp output impedance so to get the flattest response you need a very low output impedance due to zero damping in the hole that goes through the magnet & only minimal damping up front. Impedance varies quite a lot as a result.

Apr 5, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #2,968 of 6,140

Users who are viewing this thread

Back