LG V30
Jan 28, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #2,326 of 6,140
any one have compared V30 with
WM1a or zx300?

for sensitive iem that doesnt need much power (ue18+)
Hey bud I will hit you up on PM now

Jan 28, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #2,327 of 6,140
Hey bud I will hit you up on PM now

Wouldn't mind hearing about those comparisons myself. Interested to knits where the V30 sits against done of the big boys.

Jan 28, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #2,329 of 6,140
Just had an interesting issue pop up. I just got the Brainwavz B400 from BF pre-order. First off, the monkeys sent me two right side drivers, so that was a bad surprise. Undeterred, I flipped one of them around to kind of fit in my left ear to see how they sound. They sound pretty darn good for the price I paid. They are my first quad driver and they did a great job (unless they actually made them for people with two right ears).

Unfortunately, they have produced the infamous LG headphone jack issue of turning on google assistant when tilted to the side. I don't have this problem with any other set of IEMs or cans and I would imagine it is due to the jacks used my Brainwavz being slightly smaller than normal. I hope this isn't the start of this happening with my other gear though. Anyone else having this issue? Maybe with other Brainwavz products, which I don't own any, other than earpads.

Jan 29, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #2,330 of 6,140
Hi I’m thinking about purchasing the v30. Would it be worth it cause I’m using a sensitive IEM the xelento to use the v30. Or just stay with my iPhone 7. Wittch to me sounds pretty good as it is. Thanks

Jan 29, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #2,331 of 6,140
Hi I’m thinking about purchasing the v30. Would it be worth it cause I’m using a sensitive IEM the xelento to use the v30. Or just stay with my iPhone 7. Wittch to me sounds pretty good as it is. Thanks
I also own the Xelento (good choice BTW, they're wonderful IEMs!). A few advantages you'll get with the V30 - notably improved SQ & power, no need to carry a silly dongle anymore, the ability to plug in any USB device (not just those that have paid MFi licensing fees), much larger screen-to-phone-body area ratio, aptX HD (if you're into Bluetooth?), Android (which allows you to customize without requiring a jailbreak) and freedom from Apple's increasingly draconian walled garden. I used to own iPhones. Trust me on this one, give yourself a week with a V30 and you'll never go back to an iPhone ever again.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #2,332 of 6,140
I also own the Xelento (good choice BTW, they're wonderful IEMs!). A few advantages you'll get with the V30 - notably improved SQ & power, no need to carry a silly dongle anymore, the ability to plug in any USB device (not just those that have paid MFi licensing fees), much larger screen-to-phone-body area ratio, aptX HD (if you're into Bluetooth?), Andoid (which allows you to customize without requiring a jailbreak) and freedom from Apple's increasingly draconian walled garden. I used to own iPhones. Trust me on this one, give yourself a week with a V30 and you'll never go back to an iPhone ever again.
That’s awesome thanks brother. I also love xelento very good IEM. I’m thinking I’m going to give v30 a try. Probably see if I can pick one up today. Thanks for your input!

Jan 30, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #2,334 of 6,140
Does anyone use Focal Clears with their V30? Does it trigger high-impedance mode?

I use the Elear, and they trigger the high impedance mode (and drive superbly), if that helps?

Jan 30, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #2,335 of 6,140
Does anybody know if the V30 supports AAC bluetooth? I see apt-x and hd listed but no AAC, I guess it will happen when oreo eventually lands but am unsure if it does now and I have the V30!

Re wired audio, I have the V30 and the P2XL and have procrastinated over which one to keep for weeks now!

I recently picked up the Razer adapter and it is noticeably better than the Google one. The comparison to V30 quad dac is harder, using a set of momentum 2.0s my untrained ears cannot tell them apart other than a volume difference (razer adapter is louder) so I guess that either means that a - the razer adapter is pretty much as good, or b - I need to get my ears checked

Jan 30, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #2,336 of 6,140
I have the V30 and my wife now has the pixel 2 (not XL). Both great phones, but I am glad I went with the V30, both in the same spiegen cases my V30 still feels nice and slim where as her pixel is chunky in comparison. Other than that I really can't find much to tell the two apart in terms of performance, having the SD slot is a big bonus for me in terms of storing lots of music for on the go and we have had more arguments lately about where the hell she has left her usb-jack adapter than anything else. :lol:

Jan 31, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #2,338 of 6,140
Just got my V30, using it with my Sony MDR-7520's at the moment and enjoying it. My LG G4 has more or less gone to the great pocket in the sky

Fwiw the 7520 does not trigger high impedance mode

Feb 1, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #2,339 of 6,140
Because as stated many times here, planars in particular just don't have enough power from the V30 for whatever reason and need the higher power mode. If LG would just let us choose the mode, we wouldn't be having this discussion...

I dug up my old Cambridge Model Twelve "suitcase" sub system (anyone remember this great vintage piece?)...and that triggered aux mode on the V30+. I then plugged in the Massdrop/Hifiman HE-4xxxx Planars, and they STILL didn't have enough power. I give up...I can't risk trying their Edition X and hoping they are better. Every other type other than planar i've tried are fine--especially FInal Audio Pandoras, which have oodles of power. Still haven't delved into IEMs with my sensitive ear issue..

Anyone try the Beyerdymanic Aventhos yet--one of the very few with AptX-HD bluetooth to match the rare including of that in the V30? Yeah it's bluetooth, but they supposedly sound great wired too.

Feb 1, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #2,340 of 6,140
I dug up my old Cambridge Model Twelve "suitcase" sub system (anyone remember this great vintage piece?)...and that triggered aux mode on the V30+. I then plugged in the Massdrop/Hifiman HE-4xxxx Planars, and they STILL didn't have enough power. I give up...I can't risk trying their Edition X and hoping they are better. Every other type other than planar i've tried are fine--especially FInal Audio Pandoras, which have oodles of power. Still haven't delved into IEMs with my sensitive ear issue..

Anyone try the Beyerdymanic Aventhos yet--one of the very few with AptX-HD bluetooth to match the rare including of that in the V30? Yeah it's bluetooth, but they supposedly sound great wired too.
I can vouch for the Edition X on the V30, it works great if you plug the cable into the phone first and then plug it into your headphones. That puts it in AUX mode and it's enough power for the Edition X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back