LG V30
Dec 10, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #1,682 of 6,140
Mine is normal short
Same here,. Sound preset:Normal,. Filter: Short.

Sound preset is basically EQ. Normal is flat,. All other presets are quite different from flat. For good, balanced headphones, perhaps only Normal mode is good.

Filter:
Short: is more spacial and bring up more details. Exciting. A little bit fatigue, but okay.
Sharp: not as spacial and detailed, and has more high frequency fatigue.
Slow: smoothest, but dull

Dec 11, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #1,684 of 6,140
Well, I'm very disappointed with V30 right now.
The Noise floor from V30 is insane.
I'm using Andromeda with 8wires gold-silver cable, so it is even more sensitive to the noise.
From my testing, the result is like this:
From Clean to Noisy:
Iphone6 <ipad pro< AK320 < Oneplus 3t < dx200 < Macbook pro < V30 without HIFI mode << V30 with HIFI mode

I tried to use IFI IEMatch to solve this problem, but like any other impedance adapter, the bass the overall clarity, and the soundstage has been significantly reduced.
Definitely the Andromeda not v30.

Dec 11, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #1,685 of 6,140
Definitely the Andromeda not v30.

I'm also using Andromeda and can confirm that while the V30 / Andro combo produces noise (both hiss and processor noise) with redbook audio (16/44 FLAC), but is pristine and perfect with hi-res. I'm using stock Campfire Audio cable.

P.S. haven't noticed this with Noble K10

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #1,686 of 6,140
I'm also using Andromeda and can confirm that while the V30 / Andro combo produces noise (both hiss and processor noise) with redbook audio (16/44 FLAC), but is pristine and perfect with hi-res. I'm using stock Campfire Audio cable.

P.S. haven't noticed this with Noble K10
Thanks for the feedback. That's my suspicion confirmed. You're hearing artifacts from the up-sampling. Noble K10 is less sensitive (~ 35 Ohm) and masks this problem.

For any type of music stored on your SDcard, Neutron is a good option. Unfortunately, there aren't too many good options right now for streaming via Tidal. I've reached out several times to Tidal's tech support to try and help them fix this problem, but they're simply not interested :frowning2:

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #1,687 of 6,140
Thanks for the feedback. That's my suspicion confirmed. You're hearing artifacts from the up-sampling. Noble K10 is less sensitive (~ 35 Ohm) and masks this problem.

For any type of music stored on your SDcard, Neutron is a good option. Unfortunately, there aren't too many good options right now for streaming via Tidal. I've reached out several times to Tidal's tech support to try and help them fix this problem, but they're simply not interested :frowning2:

So other players like Neutron, Poweramp and PlayerPro work better while still using Hifi DAC? I noticed that Poweramp won't seem to decode MQA.

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #1,688 of 6,140
What player would you guys recommend apart from Neutron i just don't like the UI, currently using Black Player but it has it's own issues so looking for good player with good SQ, i know PowerAMP is good i used to use it but development has stoped so not sure about this anymore. Any other ones are good?

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #1,691 of 6,140
So... the iBasso IT03 has basically turned this into my usual listening setup. It's a hell of a combo.

Dec 11, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #1,692 of 6,140
Ooh. That's exciting! I wonder if it will allow MQA decoding? I'm guessing no due to licensing etc.

I asked the developer of UAPP that question and they said MQA people are not enabling use in Apps at the moment. Maybe reason no support of MQA in Android/IOS Tidal app.

Dec 11, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #1,693 of 6,140
So... the iBasso IT03 has basically turned this into my usual listening setup. It's a hell of a combo.

From a failed driver issue with my JH16's to slightly too bright 1more Quad's, I realize I just need to take a long-term break from IEMs. Don't find them comfortable anymore. But I'm glad you found a nice match.

I'm hoping the Meze 99 classics will sound nice with my V30 for my portable on the go setup. They seem to have a similar sound signature as my hifiman edition x v2's which sound amazing straight out of my V30 so fingers crossed.

Dec 11, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #1,694 of 6,140
From a failed driver issue with my JH16's to slightly too bright 1more Quad's, I realize I just need to take a long-term break from IEMs. Don't find them comfortable anymore. But I'm glad you found a nice match.

I'm hoping the Meze 99 classics will sound nice with my V30 for my portable on the go setup. They seem to have a similar sound signature as my hifiman edition x v2's which sound amazing straight out of my V30 so fingers crossed.

I feel really confused by people calling the Quads bright. Their bass was too much to my ears, same with the people I had sample the pair at a meetup. I think people are having an iffy fit or something, because they should be pushing some serious low end. If anything, I went with the IT03 because I needed something that didn't tilt so much.

Dec 11, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #1,695 of 6,140
I feel really confused by people calling the Quads bright. Their bass was too much to my ears, same with the people I had sample the pair at a meetup. I think people are having an iffy fit or something, because they should be pushing some serious low end. If anything, I went with the IT03 because I needed something that didn't tilt so much.

I thought it was just me, until I started reading others experiencing the brightness. I first started noticing it during extended sessions, which is mainly when and why my ears started fatiguing. I also didn't find them comfortable, no matter the fitting, even with comply T600's. So I was like "not for me".

That being said, and as you know in this hobby, this is highly preferential. Some of the most highly regarded cans can sound bright. People like me have a particular sensitivity to brightness that is overwhelming and fatiguing. I'm just more into warm and laidback sound sigs. I would still highly recommend the Quads. Ridiculous bang for your buck.

And I actually didn't mind their low end (T600's made a difference), but not even remotely close to the lush and energetic bass my JH16's could deliver. I was simply spoiled in that sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back