LG V30
Dec 12, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #1,696 of 6,140
I thought it was just me, until I started reading others experiencing the brightness. I first started noticing it during extended sessions, which is mainly when and why my ears started fatiguing. I also didn't find them comfortable, no matter the fitting, even with comply T600's. So I was like "not for me".

That being said, and as you know in this hobby, this is highly preferential. Some of the most highly regarded cans can sound bright. People like me have a particular sensitivity to brightness that is overwhelming and fatiguing. I'm just more into warm and laidback sound sigs. I would still highly recommend the Quads. Ridiculous bang for your buck.

And I actually didn't mind their low end (T600's made a difference), but not even remotely close to the lush and energetic bass my JH16's could deliver. I was simply spoiled in that sense.

Naw, I get ya, but I mean like... literally. I don't like bright headphones as much, and the Quads to me were just warm bass all over. They actually really reminded me of the AudioQuest Nighthawk.

I only bring it up not because of the preference thing, but because I seriously wonder if there's some variance in Quads, or if mine had some issue going. I'm a guy with stuff like the VModa M100, Audeze, and other warm/bassy stuff in my collection, and "bright" is the LAST word I'd use. I kinda wish I could hear multiple sets .

Dec 12, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #1,697 of 6,140
Naw, I get ya, but I mean like... literally. I don't like bright headphones as much, and the Quads to me were just warm bass all over. They actually really reminded me of the AudioQuest Nighthawk.

I only bring it up not because of the preference thing, but because I seriously wonder if there's some variance in Quads, or if mine had some issue going. I'm a guy with stuff like the VModa M100, Audeze, and other warm/bassy stuff in my collection, and "bright" is the LAST word I'd use. I kinda wish I could hear multiple sets .

That is odd, indeed.

Maybe my threshold for brightness is just lower than yours. I also only started experiencing the brightness during extended listening periods. Who knows. Maybe it was a fit issue like you suggested. I could never keep them in the whole time when I was moving with them.

Dec 12, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #1,698 of 6,140
That is odd, indeed.

Maybe my threshold for brightness is just lower than yours. I also only started experiencing the brightness during extended listening periods. Who knows. Maybe it was a fit issue like you suggested. I could never keep them in the whole time when I was moving with them.

Well that's what I mean. Like, I would rank them as sounding similar to headphones that are pretty well regarded as hecka warm (the Nighthawks being the best example). I wonder if my unit was just off, because I noticed that some reviewers also said that they, for example, were more neutral than the Mee P1 and I thought they were significantly bassier.

Dec 12, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #1,699 of 6,140
Well that's what I mean. Like, I would rank them as sounding similar to headphones that are pretty well regarded as hecka warm (the Nighthawks being the best example). I wonder if my unit was just off, because I noticed that some reviewers also said that they, for example, were more neutral than the Mee P1 and I thought they were significantly bassier.

You should really check out the hifiman edition x v2's. They're end game for me.

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #1,701 of 6,140
A very good headphone is Pioneer Master 1 and are not hard to drive. They are very underted in my opinion, but once you hear them they are world leading amoung the very best.I choose them over 009 and Utopia, so that must say something.
Asking again: anyone in UK using H930 DS 128 GB? Thank you.

Dec 13, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #1,702 of 6,140
A very good headphone is Pioneer Master 1 and are not hard to drive. They are very underted in my opinion, but once you hear them they are world leading amoung the very best.I choose them over 009 and Utopia, so that must say something.

O_o

semaster1.jpg

Er...

Dec 13, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #1,704 of 6,140
If we go by numbers then, there is no perfect headphone. In this hobby we should enjoy music more and what we have rather than always looking to upgrade.:)

It's not about going by numbers. It's about looking at that and knowing full well that it's going to be ear-piercing.

Dec 14, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #1,705 of 6,140
kopfhoerer.de tested the master 1 and their graph looks like this

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #1,709 of 6,140
Holy mother Theresa this phone sounds good. I had sort of sworn off cell phone audio after the stupid G6 and only some versions getting the good DAC, but I'm glad I bought this phone (V30+ from Sprint). It sounds freakin' phenomenal. I usually have either my XDP-300R or my Astell AK70, both fo which I use for 2.5mm TRRS balanced, but dang this phone impressed me right out of the box with single-ended 3.5mm use. I think I need to swap a few cables back to 3.5mm and enjoy my top IEMs with this thing. Currently loving the Rhapsodio RDB mk4 hybrid with it and it gets SERIOUSLY loud. This feels more powerful than the V20 did. I'm at volume level 35 with no "aux tricks" and it's perfect.

More to come later.

-Collin-
Do you experience same audio quality with even Lower impedance headphones which doesn’t trigger full quad dac mode ?

How’s those headphones should when compared with ur other DaPs?

Dec 14, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #1,710 of 6,140
Been about a week w/ my V30 + Andromeda. Sound quality is crazy good. I'm contemplating selling my Hugo 2 and just using this phone. I also have the iBasso DX200 (which I'm definitely selling), the Andromeda pairs MUCH better w/ the V30.
Does Andromeda triggers high impedance mode on v30? Since it’s not high impedance headphones

And if it triggers only normal mode of dac does it still sound good to you ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back