LG V30
Dec 3, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #1,577 of 6,140
Just tried with my hifiman 400i. The volume is too soft...

The auto-impedance is crap for planars. The HE-400i is 35ohm but the low efficiency makes it hard to drive and the v30's high power mode won't kick on.

I've been seriously using it with my HD-650 and it's AWESOME, but the much easier to drive LCD-X won't get to full oomph.

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #1,579 of 6,140
Do you guys think the high impedance headphones sound better on the V30 compared to the headphones with less than 50 ohms? What in-ear earbuds/over-ear headphones do you use with the V30?

Impedance doesn't actually affect sound in and of itself. It's just a matter of how well the headphone is implemented. The Campfire Andromeda is going to sound leagues better than a cheaper headphone that kicks on the high impedance mode.

Dec 3, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #1,580 of 6,140
Impedance doesn't actually affect sound in and of itself. It's just a matter of how well the headphone is implemented. The Campfire Andromeda is going to sound leagues better than a cheaper headphone that kicks on the high impedance mode.

Never mind, T-Mobile version of the V30 doesn't show what mode is in. gonna use a adapter cable to triger the high impedance mode.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #1,581 of 6,140
Hey guys,

Tried to do a search, but couldn't get much. Recently upgraded from the V10 to V30, and have it running power amp build 704 (high res upsample won't work, as I don't believe poweramp has addressed it for v30 yet), but I am considering a DAP instead. Anyone have this and the AK70, or the DP x1A? Curious if it is worth the upgrade, or not.

Thanks

Dec 3, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #1,582 of 6,140
My Dunu DN-2000J are 8ohms but sometimes my V30 will register them as AUX, I too don't know why this happens
3way
Balanced armature hybrid driver is not a normal impedance.

The signals most likely fed to each element in sections.
So your dac will respond to what impedance it initially "sees".

Do you guys think the high impedance headphones sound better on the V30 compared to the headphones with less than 50 ohms? What in-ear earbuds/over-ear headphones do you use with the V30?
Everything and anything sounds better out of the loudest output high impedance setting,
so either find a way to trick the unit, or get a headphone that will do it.

Dec 3, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #1,583 of 6,140
3way

So then balanced armature hybrid drivers will always have this issue? I don't know which to stick to, AUX or HiFi. I've read that increasing impendance on low impendance drivers can make bass muddy. I've somewhat noticed this but it may be placebo. What do you think?

Dec 3, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #1,584 of 6,140
3way

So then balanced armature hybrid drivers will always have this issue? I don't know which to stick to, AUX or HiFi. I've read that increasing impendance on low impendance drivers can make bass muddy. I've somewhat noticed this but it may be placebo. What do you think?

Dec 4, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #1,586 of 6,140
Don't know if this is true. My 3 ba e70 doesn't have this issue.

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #1,587 of 6,140
Hey guys,

Tried to do a search, but couldn't get much. Recently upgraded from the V10 to V30, and have it running power amp build 704 (high res upsample won't work, as I don't believe poweramp has addressed it for v30 yet), but I am considering a DAP instead. Anyone have this and the AK70, or the DP x1A? Curious if it is worth the upgrade, or not.

Thanks

Try Neutron first with generic driver on, follow source frequency on,

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #1,588 of 6,140
I bought 3 dunu impedance adapters 75 150 and 200 ohms. Going to try them out once i get them.

I tried aux mode to my electrostatic amp and headphone and the sound was just ok on all filters.

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #1,589 of 6,140
Never mind, T-Mobile version of the V30 doesn't show what mode is in. gonna use a adapter cable to triger the high impedance mode.

I posted an app a couple pages back that can show you the impedance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back