LG V30
Feb 5, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #5,806 of 6,140
I'm pretty sure it doesn't. aptX HD or LDAC are your best options. LDAC can sound pretty good, bit it's highest bitrate is best for short distances - like headphones :smile_phones:

You choose by selecting Connection type -> Best sound quality in BT settings under each device (which will select LDAC or aptX HD instead of lower quality codecs). Then choose bitrate under LDAC playback quality in the Developer Options menu.
Thanks a lot! I asked because i wanted to have the lowest latency for playing fps games. Though i know cable is my best option as it has no latency.
Thats why i thought maybe by updating my firmware i will have the option for TWS+

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #5,807 of 6,140
Thanks a lot! I asked because i wanted to have the lowest latency for playing fps games. Though i know cable is my best option as it has no latency.
Thats why i thought maybe by updating my firmware i will have the option for TWS+
Understood! If low latency is more important to you than sound quality, then I suggest choosing the lower bitrate options: Stability over Sound quality.

But I cannot really say I have experience with how this might affect games. I'm just assuming...

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #5,808 of 6,140
I don’t think TWS+ is supported by the Snapdragon chip in the V30, so even a firmware update won’t work.

Feb 7, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #5,809 of 6,140
Cans that I enjoyed listening on v30 with oreo and quad dac on: audiotechnica ag1x, sony ma900, akg y50bt, beyerdynamic custom game, sound was unchanged like on usb dongles (hidizs s3 or creative g3), full, detailed, moving and not overpowered bass.

I didn't enjoy 1more 1707, too muddy and not clear sound (dac on or off) as I listen to prog metal mostly lately, was off-putting

Attachments

• 20210207_100927.jpg
    20210207_100927.jpg
    590.1 KB · Views: 0
Feb 11, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #5,811 of 6,140
I'm pretty sure it doesn't. aptX HD or LDAC are your best options. LDAC can sound pretty good, bit it's highest bitrate is best for short distances - like headphones :smile_phones:

You choose by selecting Connection type -> Best sound quality in BT settings under each device (which will select LDAC or aptX HD instead of lower quality codecs). Then choose bitrate under LDAC playback quality in the Developer Options menu.
In developer options, I can only change the bitrate with LDAC. AptX HD always reverts to 24-bit.

Feb 13, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #5,813 of 6,140
Feb 13, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #5,814 of 6,140
Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #5,815 of 6,140
Feb 13, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #5,816 of 6,140
Yup i recently discovered that. I used one found on aliexpess. Just plug that extension first until "AUX" appears(HiFi LG app) and then plug in your headphones.
Can u send me a link? Would be awesome to NOT have to use a resistor everytime!:)

Feb 13, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #5,817 of 6,140
But be aware of the possible frequency altering of the headphone when using such imp adapters. :wink:
This depends on the headphone you're going to use with.
That cable measure's almost deadflat! They measured it on a korean fprum where i originally found it. It was made just specifically to trigger HIM on LG quad phones!:) So would be so nice to use just that instead of fiddling with the impedance adapter everytime. Another soltuion for me is to buy the dunu duw02 modular cable for my U12T's. Then i atleast can trigger AUC mode just with the cable.

Feb 13, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #5,818 of 6,140
Hmm.
If i'm not all that wrong you can't trigger the HIM without adding some ohm to the sys.
Well, i'm unsure how this will affect the freq response of your preferred iem/headphone bc it depends on the resistance curve of the headphone itself.

Glad you'll find a solution that'll fit your needs. :)
To force aux mode i'be a really cheap 4 pol short extension cable (to make use of the micro on my CH9T) or use the Grado extension cable.

https://www.amazon.de/System-S-gewinkelt-Winkel-Stecker-Adapter-Samrtphone/dp/B00NMFKVGS

Grado Mini adaptor cable

Feb 14, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #5,820 of 6,140

Users who are viewing this thread

Back