LG V30
May 6, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #5,236 of 6,140
I'm currently using Sony NW-A45 as dap. Is there a huge improvement in terms of SQ when using the LG V30 as dap? I'll be replacing my LG G4 and I'm considering buying an LG V30 to be my mobile phone and dap as well. Should I sell my beloved NW-a45 and consider the lg30 as a dap upgrade? Thanks!

May 10, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #5,237 of 6,140
I'm currently using Sony NW-A45 as dap. Is there a huge improvement in terms of SQ when using the LG V30 as dap? I'll be replacing my LG G4 and I'm considering buying an LG V30 to be my mobile phone and dap as well. Should I sell my beloved NW-a45 and consider the lg30 as a dap upgrade? Thanks!
Hello @PhosphorusPixel - welcome to headfi :)

That's a difficult question to answer because sound preferences are so subjective and Sony don't like to publish their product specs. The V30 likely has better distortion and noise characteristics than the NW-A45, but that doesn't mean you'll hear a huge improvement in sound quality. As for output power, it seems that the NW-A45 has more power than the V30 in standard mode, but less than the V30 in high-impedance mode. The V30 certainly would be an upgrade in terms of streaming capabilities and overall UI.

May 13, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #5,238 of 6,140
I just wanted to post this on this thread. If someone is looking got a mint condition LG V30 with accessories. No scratches, no dings, never dropped. Selling the V30 because i have an v50 coming. I'll let this V30 go for $150 plus shipping in North America only. Anyone interested please DM me on here. Thanks Tony

May 15, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #5,239 of 6,140
Hi

I have the V30 and trying to use the stock app. Getting stuck with it actually scanning any tracks.

I have a bunch of tracks in a cloudplayer folder which ive downloaded from my dropbox account via CP, but I can't see any way to assign folders to LG app.

Also there's an option to select dropbox as a source of music (i guess) within LG app, but nothing happens now Ive signed in there.

So... questions are... what's the protocol for scanning and monitoring folders with the LG app? and also how does it work (does it work at all) with cloud access?

Cheers!

May 15, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #5,240 of 6,140
Hi

I have the V30 and trying to use the stock app. Getting stuck with it actually scanning any tracks.

I have a bunch of tracks in a cloudplayer folder which ive downloaded from my dropbox account via CP, but I can't see any way to assign folders to LG app.

Also there's an option to select dropbox as a source of music (i guess) within LG app, but nothing happens now Ive signed in there.

So... questions are... what's the protocol for scanning and monitoring folders with the LG app? and also how does it work (does it work at all) with cloud access?

Cheers!
OK so i managed to get it to see at least part of my cloud account. Can't see any local files though. Wondering if it only looks in the standard "Music" folder?

May 15, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #5,241 of 6,140
OK so i managed to get it to see at least part of my cloud account. Can't see any local files though. Wondering if it only looks in the standard "Music" folder?

Hit the 'hamburger' menu in the top left corner, then 'Library'.

Mine found my music files stored on an SD card with no prompting. If your files are not in the Music folder then maybe they should be?

May 16, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #5,243 of 6,140
May 23, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #5,244 of 6,140
Hi, just got my new v30+. Without resorting to reading thru the entire thread, could someone here please shed light on which apps bypass the android src limitation.
I'm looking at the stock player, hiby and uapp as possibles.
Thanks.

May 23, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #5,245 of 6,140
Hi, just got my new v30+. Without resorting to reading thru the entire thread, could someone here please shed light on which apps bypass the android src limitation.
I'm looking at the stock player, hiby and uapp as possibles.
Thanks.

UAPP is the one I use. Its either that or Poweramp. Don't bother with any others if audio quality is your priority.

May 24, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #5,247 of 6,140
UAPP is the one I use. Its either that or Poweramp. Don't bother with any others if audio quality is your priority.

Wow... I had no idea Poweramp had evolved that much. I have it installed on my V30, never use it, lol.

Yep it seems to support the V30 dac directly, cool. It's got the advantage over the UAPP the it supports chromecast too.

Ill have to mess about with it a bit. been using UAPP til now.

thanks

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #5,248 of 6,140
I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be true for all G- and V-series phones, i.e., that "Tuned by B&O" = "Tuned by Meridian" = "We did pretty much nothing but pay a licensing fee to put a sticker on the box".
After nearly two months of waiting, I finally got a reply to my question to Meridian about their "tuning" of the V40. Here's their response:

Hello,

In relation to your question LG have pointed me to their press release here which I know will not go into enough detail for you, but I am afraid I cannot share anymore detail around the specifics of the Meridian tuning on the V40.

So we know the FR is flat on both V30 and V40, THD and IMD levels are similarly low and @Dannemand confirmed the anti-aliasing filters are the same. What else is there? I call BS on Meridian.

Jun 18, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #5,249 of 6,140
Hi all,

Been reading this thread for a while and I have some questions.
I just ordered the V30 and I will receive next week.
I will be using uapp for listening to flac files mostly but also mqa from tidal.

1. Anyone here using B&W P7 with the V30?
The P7 has a very low impedance so should I do the aux trick with them or just plug them straight in?

2. What about Android version.. I think the V30 ships with 7.x version of Android. Is there an update available for the V30 like 8.x or 9.x versions, if so does the Quad dac work with all of them?
What version of Android is recommended to use?

Thanks in Advance.

-Toby

Jun 18, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #5,250 of 6,140
One other, question, I recall reading about the Quad DAC usage.. was it so that all dacs were in use no matter what mode / impedance headphones you are using or was the quad dacs only in use with hi impedance mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back