LG V30
Aug 1, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #3,739 of 6,140
I have read that only UAPP and Poweramp fully utilise the V30's abilities and don't resample the music, but don't quote me on it.

I got no issue with that statement. I just tried them both last night with the SAME custom EQ and they sounded identical. For now I will stick with Poweramp, but every now and then I may check in on UAPP to see how it's changed. I e-mailed the devs earlier today and one of them responded back only a couple hours later (very cool!) and gave detailed and respectful answers to my questions. We will see what happens.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #3,740 of 6,140
I have read that only UAPP and Poweramp fully utilise the V30's abilities and don't resample the music, but don't quote me on it.
The only two apps I've found that play all PCM files correctly are UAPP and Neutron. I've tested Poweramp, and it up-samples 44 kHz files through Android's mixer to 48 kHz. I wouldn't sweat it if you like Poweramp's UI. You likely won't hear much difference unless you're using low-impedance/high-sensitivity IEMs.

Aug 1, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #3,741 of 6,140
The only two apps I've found that play all PCM files correctly are UAPP and Neutron. I've tested Poweramp, and it up-samples 44 kHz files through Android's mixer to 48 kHz. I wouldn't sweat it if you like Poweramp's UI. You likely won't hear much difference unless you're using low-impedance/high-sensitivity IEMs.

That might be the one. After settling on UAPP I've pushed the others from my mind to make room for other useless clutter. :beyersmile:

Aug 8, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #3,742 of 6,140
For other 846 + V30 owners: I just discovered that the in-line volume attenuator that comes with the 846 triggers high impedance mode if plugged in before connecting some 'phones.

Aug 10, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #3,743 of 6,140
How does LG v30 compares to Axon 7? I just got an LGV30 because I just can't get used to the notch on the OP6. I tried to compare it with my Axon 7 only to find out that I like how my Axon sounds more. It feels like it has wider soundstage and deeper bass. I tried different settings on my LG, and even though it sounds really nice, I think it can't beat the DOLBY on Axon. Am I doing something wrong with my LG?

Aug 10, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #3,744 of 6,140
There's a few provisos to getting the best sound from the V30. You need to be using a player that can bypass Android's audio resampling, such as USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP), and then be using the right settings within the software itself. Bit of a pain, but once it's set up, it's set up.

Aug 10, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #3,746 of 6,140
That will be hard for me to achieve as my main source of music is Google play music. As for the software, I am still playing around with different 3rd party EQ apps trying to get the V30 to come alive.
Interesting. What do you mean by “come alive”? I find the V30 a very lively source, with good timing and an emphasis on the upper mids and treble. Sound stage, probably as a result, seems very open for a portable source. It also sounds more organic, more “alive” to me than the robotic output of a Samsung S7, like it was tuned by a human instead of a machine.

May I inquire what headphones or iems you use? What makes you prefer the Axon’s sound?

Aug 10, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #3,747 of 6,140
Interesting. What do you mean by “come alive”? I find the V30 a very lively source, with good timing and an emphasis on the upper mids and treble. Sound stage, probably as a result, seems very open for a portable source. It also sounds more organic, more “alive” to me than the robotic output of a Samsung S7, like it was tuned by a human instead of a machine.

May I inquire what headphones or iems you use? What makes you prefer the Axon’s sound?
I use mostly KZ both the zs6 and the zs10
I also use whizzer A15 which I genuinely love
Today my pioneer se ch9t will come so I will try them as well
I just find the sound of the axon 7 more deep but open at the same time if that makes sense, soundstage feels better and I can hear things more clearly with the axon. I try to have the EQ the same on both but it is difficult as the axon has the DOLBY which I find to be the reason of the up scaling, so I think is more of an software issue rather than the hardware. Axon just gives a 3D sound that I really enjoy, I was expecting something similar from the V30 as well as I loved my V20.

Aug 10, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #3,748 of 6,140
That will be hard for me to achieve as my main source of music is Google play music. As for the software, I am still playing around with different 3rd party EQ apps trying to get the V30 to come alive.

UAPP can stream GPM. It can also store a cache of what you stream for offline listening.

Don't bother with 3rd party EQ apps. Try out UAPP and then also try out its EQ addons (morphit may also have your headphones listed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back