LG V30
Mar 9, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #2,626 of 6,140
When I plug in my HD660S the V30 correctly sets to High Imp mode and sounds amazing with plenty of volume control.

I forced Aux on by first pluging in an extension and for some reason volume sounds lower in Aux mode. I though it went:
normal < high < aux

Believe it's Normal < Aux < High

If the phone detects impedance > 50 ohms, you get high. Can't remember what triggers Aux mode.

Mar 9, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #2,628 of 6,140
really thanks for your feedback. i sold all my stuffs because, in this period, i have possibility to listen only in mobility.today probably i´ll receive the phone. this month i´ll go in audio 46 store(NYC)and i´m thinking about shure, campfire audio or similar. my only source is tidal

I mostly use with Tidal Streamed via UAPP and also offline in the Tidal App itself. I store streamed media on the internal 128GB memory and my own selection of FLAC/DSD on a 128GB microSD.

Some photos of my completed system with comparison to my other portable powerhouse (iPhone SE 128GB best for bit-perfect Spotify as Android source tends to upscale Spotify)

20180309_103733.jpg 20180309_104121.jpg

Between these two if I could only keep one it would be the V30+

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #2,629 of 6,140
Believe it's Normal < Aux < High

If the phone detects impedance > 50 ohms, you get high. Can't remember what triggers Aux mode.

I got AUX/External whatever its called by just plugging in a short extension first effectively giving infinite Ohms then plugging in headphones.

High Impudence is default mode if plugging in my 150 Ohm HD660S and this mode was louder as same volume setting than if connected as AUX mode.

Auto just seems to work fine for me anyway.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #2,631 of 6,140
In order to make the phone go into AUX mode, which is my preferred mode, all you need to do is plug in your headphone/IEM cable first without the headphone/IEM attached, and then attach the headphone/IEM to the cable while it is still attached and without removing the cable and you will be in AUX. I sure do wish this was stickied, I don't mind to keep writing it, but even recently I have written it ad nauseum.

Mar 9, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #2,632 of 6,140
In order to make the phone go into AUX mode, which is my preferred mode, all you need to do is plug in your headphone/IEM cable first without the headphone/IEM attached, and then attach the headphone/IEM to the cable while it is still attached and without removing the cable and you will be in AUX. I sure do wish this was stickied, I don't mind to keep writing it, but even recently I have written it ad nauseum.

If I do this with my SE846's my ears & brain are dead !!! Seriously, don't do this with high sensitive IEM's, anything above 30 volume is painful. Plus with my SE846's this mode does reveal some background hiss. None with Normal or High mode.

Mar 9, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #2,633 of 6,140
If I do this with my SE846's my ears & brain are dead !!! Seriously, don't do this with high sensitive IEM's, anything above 30 volume is painful. Plus with my SE846's this mode does reveal some background hiss. None with Normal or High mode.
I would think you would turn the volume down before you put them in your ears.

Mar 9, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #2,634 of 6,140
I would think you would turn the volume down before you put them in your ears.

Well yes, but even at only 25 volume ( I turned down to initially) its a shock. I was just trying to make a humorous point :) Plus totally unnecessary for sensitive IEM's and degrades quality due to some background hiss. I suspect AUX is to feed out to an external AMP/active speakers.

Mar 9, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #2,635 of 6,140
Well yes, but even at only 25 volume ( I turned down to initially) its a shock. I was just trying to make a humorous point :) Plus totally unnecessary for sensitive IEM's and degrades quality due to some background hiss. I suspect AUX is to feed out to an external AMP/active speakers.
I agree I would not need AUX for Zeus XR

Mar 9, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #2,636 of 6,140
Just as an interesting test, I did an AB comparison with two Master Tracks streamed from Tidal. In UAPP alpha it shows as 96kHz 24bit MQA and in the Tidal app shows Master at the bottom. At first volume is louder in UAPP but with "Normalise Volume" disabled in Tidal they both sound identical & at same volume (as I'd expect if working correctly)

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #2,638 of 6,140
One example: if you put a male to female adapter(only the jack or cable) and after the headphone, the aux mode is activated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back