LG V20 Sound Quality
Jun 18, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #2,671 of 4,141
Hey guys, my dog ate my Etymotics and I'm trying to use the included B&Os. What's the deal with them? They fall off and break the seal all the time. Almost like earbuds. Awful, awful fit. Am I missing something here? Been using iems for 20 years.

Thanks! :)

Change eartip. Cheapest thing you can use to tune in IEM.
- jvc spiral dot
- ortofon

Jun 19, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #2,672 of 4,141
I have never experienced it with other brands and trust me I used a lot of flagship smartphones. My V10 had it, now my V20 has it and it's quite severe, not only top of the screen or notif bar, ghost images appear all around the frame. There is no excuse for this, we have reported this to LG countless times, they assured us that we will not experience this with V20 and here we are.
My V20's screen problem is quite severe and all around the frame too, very obvious in grey background, no need to point it out, everyone can see it at one glance, quite disappointed with LG phones.....

Jun 20, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #2,673 of 4,141
Hey guys, my dog ate my Etymotics and I'm trying to use the included B&Os. What's the deal with them? They fall off and break the seal all the time. Almost like earbuds. Awful, awful fit. Am I missing something here? Been using iems for 20 years.

Thanks! :)

Try this . Its fit and sealed was second to none I had come across . Cheap reliably good .
After using this , I never look back .

Take note : Size M , S are not preferable .
The magic is on the Size L . Size L work best .

SML 3pair SML Silicone Ear Pads Ear bud Tips For Earphone In-ear Headphone Accessories Ear Cushions Cover earphone cap Red Color
http://s.aliexpress.com/yay2ANRZ
(from AliExpress Android)

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #2,675 of 4,141
Hi All,

I just bought a LG V20 and I've a few questions that I hope you guys can help me with.

As I understand when you plug a AUX/extension cable into the phone, it'll be in AUX mode (An message appears: "External device connected").

From what I understand, there shouldn't be any volume in AUX mode (Based on experiences with other device, E.g. IPod), how come I can still increase the volume to the max which results in louder volume.

And if I connect the phone into another amp using AUX mode while still changing the volume on the phone, I should be doing a double amping instead of a direct AUX in.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What I'm trying to achieve is to connect my phone into my amp and listen to my music from there.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks. :)

Jun 21, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #2,677 of 4,141
The hd 700 comes with a 6.4 mm output...and need to get an adapter as soon as i connect the adapter v20 goes into external audio mode...its barely loud engh...wld be helpful to know how u paired the hd700 to v20

Edit : not suitable to be used . Let the hd700.owner to further advise .

Ok bro , if you got no luck finding a 6.4mm female impedance Jack , your next best option would be continued to use the adapter of yours and put the V20 into external aux mode .

Then go DL this equalizer apps from the play store below links .

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartandroidapps.equalizer

After you had installed the equalizer apps on the V20 , click on the power option located right on top of the screen , the 3rd one , if you doesn't wants any eq effects , tick non of it , and just Tick on only the Sound amplifier .
There's a arrow right below the apps onscreen , click on it and from there you can adjust the gain of the Sound amplifier .

With the Sound amplifier enable , it helps to raised the volume further .

Hope by using these simple steps , it helps with your listening experiences .

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #2,678 of 4,141
Hi All,

As I understand when you plug a AUX/extension cable into the phone, it'll be in AUX mode (An message appears: "External device connected").

From what I understand, there shouldn't be any volume in AUX mode (Based on experiences with other device, E.g. IPod), how come I can still increase the volume to the max which results in louder volume.

And if I connect the phone into another amp using AUX mode while still changing the volume on the phone, I should be doing a double amping instead of a direct AUX in.

That is correct. The Aux mode on a v20 is not a line out mode. This means it's still running through the DAC/AMP on the v20 and the volume still will have an impact. Whenever double amping like this, your best bet is to set the amp closest to the source (The v20 in this case) to 70-80% of its max volume and leave it there. Then do any volume adjustments from the amp you've plugged your headphones into.

Jun 24, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #2,679 of 4,141
The hd 700 comes with a 6.4 mm output...and need to get an adapter as soon as i connect the adapter v20 goes into external audio mode...its barely loud engh...wld be helpful to know how u paired the hd700 to v20
try using a replacement cable for your headphones, like this one
https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-...F8&qid=1498327850&sr=8-1&keywords=hd700+cable
i use it with my hd700 and it kick the amp of the V20 into high impedance mode (which is a must for these headphones), im afraid that using an adapter will only trigger the amp into AUX mode which is not loud enough for these headphones.
in High impedance mode i can confirm to you that it would be much louder and more enjoyable.

Jun 25, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #2,680 of 4,141
Hi guys. I am new owner of V20 here. My 2nd V10 was cooked six months back and I was forced to use back my faulted Note 3 until local LG V20's price slashed recently. Can't really believe what iheard. All the details blow my Dx90 to dust. The power is very good, capable of driving my 300ohms TDK 800.

Jun 26, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #2,681 of 4,141
@bjaardker Thank you for your response, just another question by doing a double amping is there any degradation of sound quality?

Many thanks. :)

Jun 30, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #2,682 of 4,141
I have been scouring this thread (and the internet), trying to understand the relationship between the LG V20, PowerAmp, and Viper4Android. My general observations thus far:

1. PA's Hi-Fi mode doesn't work; it just shows the error "failed to..." and reverts back to the default audio path (On the PowerAmp website forums, at least one user has reported that the LG V10 works fine in Hi-Fi mode, until updated to Nougat. This might be a Nougat vs Marshmallow question, even though Marshmallow isn't available for the V20 (afaik)).
2. V4A and PA don't work together; it seems to me that the issue is V4A's resampling.
3. The whole issue of fully exploiting the Sabre DAC revolves around the playing of DSD (and very high quality) files to try and activate the "Quad-DAC", not over whether the Snapdragon SoC DAC or the Sabre DAC is used (even in single-DAC mode).

I hope these observations are correct. Any thoughts or clarification?

Jul 3, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #2,683 of 4,141
Am about to buy a new phone and that is

LG G6 with hi quad dac(seen like in V20)

I need a good music phone.
I just wanted to know that can we feel the difference and richness in the audio even with normal earphones like RHA s500 in LG V20 and another phone say example Oneplus 3 ?
I have been confused since 2-3 weeks which phone to buy. Am looking G6 mainly for Audio listening purpose. My files are mostly 320Kbps MP3 files.
Rha s500 is 16ohms in-earphone
Please reply

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170703-023653.png
    Screenshot_20170703-023653.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20170703-023704.png
    Screenshot_20170703-023704.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 0
Jul 3, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #2,684 of 4,141
Am about to buy a new phone and that is

LG G6 with hi quad dac(seen like in V20)

I need a good music phone.
I just wanted to know that can we feel the difference and richness in the audio even with normal earphones like RHA s500 in LG V20 and another phone say example Oneplus 3 ?
I have been confused since 2-3 weeks which phone to buy. Am looking G6 mainly for Audio listening purpose. My files are mostly 320Kbps MP3 files.
Rha s500 is 16ohms in-earphone
Please reply

You might want to check out this thread. https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/best-smartphone-for-audiophile-part-ii-updated-jun-2017.853115/

To clarify your need, please provide us more information so that we can suggest your most suitable phone for long run.

If you want to ask for Smartphone recommendation, please follow this format
Price range:
IEM/ Headphone used:
Screen size:
What kind of sound you wanna get: more warm? more detail? bigger soundstage?
What kind of music you mainly listen: Pop? Rock? EDM? Orchestra?
Special request: Need dual camera / higher than snapdragon 820 / No Chinese smartphone etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back