LG V20 Sound Quality
Jun 11, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #2,656 of 4,141
By the way, how long do you own your LG V20, have you always turned on the "always-on display" function all the time(i turn it on all the time)?
I purchased mine the day it was released in the US and I have always that the always on screen on.

Jun 12, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #2,658 of 4,141
Ouch! I got a painful surprise today. I plugged in my Periodic IEMs with Neutron open and I'm usually on Normal output. I had the volume set at 55 on a track. But for some reason it was extremely loud and l had to immediately pull out my IEMs.
I looked at the Hifi Options and it said High Impedance mode.

:/ so it looks like this is completely random/rare. No idea......

Jun 13, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #2,659 of 4,141
Hi there
I live in Europe ....i know that there are different version of lg v20 ( without dac ) for european market :is it possibile ? Can someone help me on this annoying topic ?
There are no versions without DAC. There aren't versions at all for european market; the lg v20 was available only in the USA and for the asian market. The main difference is that the international version (h990*) is not rootable.

Jun 13, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #2,660 of 4,141
There is an LG 34 outside of US with smaller screen and non removable battery. Not sure if same DAC or not. Would be an interesting device in the U.S. for those that want a V20 with a smaller form factor. Curious now if same DAC.

Jun 14, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #2,666 of 4,141
Ghost Screen problem occured after exactly 6 months of usage.. (just like my v10)

Come on LG.. I think I won't buy another LG, ever..
how severe is your LG V20's screen problem?
mine is regarded as very severe(very apparent)
how is your usage of your V20
i wont go for LG phone anymore....i used to own a LG G2
throughout the six months i owned my V20, i have only received once OTA update.....(my old samsung S6 received several times and it was even upgraded to android 7.0 lately....)

Jun 14, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #2,668 of 4,141
LG made the screen itself for its flagship LG V20, who should be blamed?
i heard that some macbooks with LG-supplied IPS LCD have the same problem (temporary screen-burn)

Are you talking about the top screen or the main screen? Screen burn is an issue with every screen these days. Check ebay for phones with screen burn. They are from all manufacturers. Other screens do not have some qualities that prevent this. There's a tool called Pure Noise 2 in the app store. Run it overnight and see if it fixes anything. Screen burn or retention is very common and more on Plasma and OLED screen types but can happen to LCDs also.

Jun 14, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #2,669 of 4,141
I have never experienced it with other brands and trust me I used a lot of flagship smartphones. My V10 had it, now my V20 has it and it's quite severe, not only top of the screen or notif bar, ghost images appear all around the frame. There is no excuse for this, we have reported this to LG countless times, they assured us that we will not experience this with V20 and here we are.

Jun 18, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #2,670 of 4,141
Hey guys, my dog ate my Etymotics and I'm trying to use the included B&Os. What's the deal with them? They fall off and break the seal all the time. Almost like earbuds. Awful, awful fit. Am I missing something here? Been using iems for 20 years.

Thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back