LG V20 Sound Quality
Feb 2, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #2,086 of 4,141
Wanted to circle back and mention that I got my replacement V20 and now the headphone always-on issue is resolved thankfully. T-Mobile swapped it out for me ($20 "warranty" fee) and the new one works perfectly. 

Anyone tried Earsonics SM64 IEMs with this phone? Looks like the 90-something ohm impedance might be a match made in heaven for this phone. 

-Collin-

Feb 2, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #2,087 of 4,141
  1. Earsonics SM64 Earphones

2. Sensitivity: 122 dB/mW
  4. Frequency response: 10 Hz -20 kHz
  5. DCR: 98 ohms
  6. Driver: 3 drivers with new HQ 3 ways crossover with impedance corrector.
Sure it is nice. :) Smooth it out loud and will drive the V20 :)

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #2,088 of 4,141

Ok I need a powered hub to turn it on. V20 doesn't have enough juice to power it up.

A follow up on the previous post.

So I found out that it needs a bit of juice to access my USB DAC.

Found this in Amazon. A USB-C OTG with 4K capable HDMI and charger plug:

From the charger port It will supply power to your USB peripherals.

Now my USB DAC works fine!. 4K video was just an icing on the cake.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #2,090 of 4,141
Saw it in Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/Multiport-MOKiN-Delivery-Chromebook-Devices/dp/B01IUXA9YK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1486073471&sr=8-2&keywords=Usb-c+otg+mhl+hdmi

Yes your HP Spectra X2 is listed also...

Since I'm here in Italy I was hoping it was the same as this and it works!: https://www.amazon.it/KiWiBiRD-Adattatore-THUNDERBOLT-Alimentatore-Dispositivi/dp/B01EPU7RME

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #2,091 of 4,141

Thank you! That's Awesome! I picked up a USB-C hub, and the darn thing didn't work hanging off of my Spectre X2, and my HP dongle worked for USB drives off of the V20...but not the Dac. Thanks again.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #2,092 of 4,141
No problem Bro!

Remember my DAC worked from additional power source plugged in to the OTG hub/cable.

Feb 3, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #2,093 of 4,141
Further advantages of the High Gain:

(( The High Gain the advantage of a stronger voice for: LG, according to all four DAC is activated.(By Ken Hong LG )
If High Res plays music from the DAC. ,,Or,,
Also, if a high-impedance device is connected to the phone.
(( Ok-Ok Nevertheless, not every player can send the output of high-quality music ..))
But the noise 4 DAC lower (130dB SNR) , however, a great advantage. And if low distortion in the case.
despite only 16bit resolution ...>  instead of 24 bits, it is much clearer. (Even at low volume levels, and can be enjoyed as well)
In case of lower-quality music, and either normal (below 50ohm) headphones. Only one DAC operates.
(Hence the noise cancellation is less)
Because of the efficiency of batteries.))

That is why I, and hear it as well.
Not only is this strong in High Gain.
It's cleaner and nicer. (Be it a placebo?) But to hear the difference.

Feb 5, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #2,094 of 4,141

2 . if you have a headset which is remote.
even if the play / up or down/ play buttons to keep. about 2-3 sec.(Even before the insertion press and hold)
It provides about 25% + gain.

hi Friend,

I see  you give this trick here and over at XDA without referring to my guide nor giving credit. please do so in the future or stop sharing this info as your'e own all together. 

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #2,096 of 4,141
  hi Friend,

I see  you give this trick here and over at XDA without referring to my guide nor giving credit. please do so in the future or stop sharing this info as your'e own all together. 

Of course you can make this wax,,,, Spanish
I did not make up :) I just listed are tuning potential of the V20 amplifier.
Without Root. Haha someone buys one of these, there will be a lighter task.

Feb 5, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #2,099 of 4,141
Hi Stemplar
I've been converting my vinyl to digital.
Funnily enough two albums I've been using to test are Communique and the first Dire Straits Album. Lions is an excellent track to test with :)
I'm using Audacity and recording at 44100Hz at 16Bit flac files.
I have a very high quality turntable, arm, cartridge.
I use a preamp perfectly flat going onto an MTrack Audio 212M to t G en go into my Mac (no sound input on the Mac I have - some don't)
Not sure how th record to dsd / dsf via Audacity?
Maybe you have some suggestions!
Thanks

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #2,100 of 4,141
Hi Stemplar
I've been converting my vinyl to digital.
Funnily enough two albums I've been using to test are Communique and the first Dire Straits Album. Lions is an excellent track to test with
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm using Audacity and recording at 44100Hz at 16Bit flac files.
I have a very high quality turntable, arm, cartridge.
I use a preamp perfectly flat going onto an MTrack Audio 212M to t G en go into my Mac (no sound input on the Mac I have - some don't)
Not sure how th record to dsd / dsf via Audacity?
Maybe you have some suggestions!
Thanks

Interesting question. I do not know how fe me a lot of DSD-up elements.
Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, also, these old recordings, mostly Japanese digitization. I think the master's studio produced material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back