LG V20 Sound Quality
Jan 27, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #2,056 of 4,141
Tidal , with the HigGain trick is to play music pretty well (in HiFi option ). It is a pity that you can not run the PowerAMP through. The EQ is missing me ..a litle . Although it is now also the Tidal loudness function well.
I would say that a closed headphones are a whole rich bass sound. (For example, Audiotechica MSR7)

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #2,057 of 4,141

Highly recommended the Tech 21 case. It has the largest headphone cutout. Also it looks gorgeous. The top and bottom are also tapered to feel better during phone calls.

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #2,058 of 4,141
Highly recommended the Tech 21 case. It has the largest headphone cutout. Also it looks gorgeous. The top and bottom are also tapered to feel better during phone calls.

serious protection :) I do use it, Nillkin, the V10 is from what I did. Up and close the screen.

Jan 31, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #2,059 of 4,141
  Not the root of the simplest way to reach that HighGaint. (H990ds in addition to the non-root) I have described a simple method that works under the headphones HighGain 50 ohms to v10 / 20 only.  Using PowerAMP v3 is working perfectly 24bit FLAC / DSD

post #1989  here

Poweramp does not work

https://forum.xda-developers.com/v20/themes/list-music-players-dac-t3536815

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #2,061 of 4,141
  I have a portable amplifier fiioe12a.

The v10 / 20 does not need! HighGain trick is beautiful and strong voice.

But the galaxy S7 MUST because of poor amp. (By the way her voice quality is very far from v20 to.) These sabre DAc / AMP that are in the V series, the phone is exceptional. In my opinion there is no better. ( in phone category )I emphasize, HighGain trick + poveramp v3 (Either HTC or samsung or any other, there's no better ZTE axon 7 too)

(I tried the Fioo e12a in the V series, redundant, not have been better, the AMP's own right!)

With these two, inexpensive device used in the V10 and V20 to use it at. (High Gain trick) so all kinds of root - without viper4a) is worth a try. :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUNU-3-5mm-to-3-5mm-Impedance-Adapter-Plug-For-Hi-Fi-player-AMP-DAC-Earphone-/380932180092?var=&hash=item58b153c87c:m:mTYTIMVVhRj3Y73N82lrXLg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-L-Shape-Right-Angle-3-5mm-Male-To-Female-Stereo-Plug-Adapter-Connector-HFUS-/390645010934?hash=item5af441d1f6:g:AyQAAOxy-NVSDu1a

The high gain, the following tips: (Because it may be that not everyone is familiar with the method, when to me, then I'm sorry to be so repetitive.)
Let's buy an extender (such as this or functional ear headset / headphones have a 75 ohm impedance and interface.

1, Connect the Extender impedance adapter, and then this "ensemble" plug in the phone's 3.5 mm jack socket. At this moment, the V10 high gain mode.
2, If you pull out the impedance adapter (and only remains plugged into the Extender) in the V10 remains high gain mode.
3,then plug the headphones were plugged into the Extender is on the phone (Small aesthetic problem is that the Extender is plugged in while listening to music.)
The above method, of course, the headphones just under 50 ohms should be used.

Hi, thanks for posting this.

But I have a question. Aren't these adapters simply switching the phone into AUX mode and NOT high impedance mode? To clarify, with these adapters, under your hifi settings, does it say AUX mode or high impedance device mode? This is key.

If in the hifi settings it says aux mode then this is not an effective high impedance trick and it is simply using aux mode (only 2\3 of the volume power on high impedance mode)

Very curious because I would love to be able to achieve legitimate full high impedance mode on my v20 with my hifiman he-500  headphones

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #2,062 of 4,141

But I have a question. Aren't these adapters simply switching the phone into AUX mode and NOT high impedance mode? To clarify, with these adapters, under your hifi settings, does it say AUX mode or high impedance device mode? This is key.

If in the hifi settings it says aux mode then this is not an effective high impedance trick and it is simply using aux mode (only 2\3 of the volume power on high impedance mode)

Very curious because I would love to be able to achieve legitimate full high impedance mode on my v20 with my hifiman he-500  headphones

If it works like the V10, that trick would put it in high impedance mode, not just aux mode. It works because the impedance adapter makes the phone read the headphones as 75ohms+, and since you're leaving the jack extender plugged into the phone, even when you remove the impedance adapter the phone doesn't switch modes

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #2,063 of 4,141

Yess ..
1. If only the extender plug into the phone (after the headphones) will aux mode (25% power)
2.az extender and one 75-ohm adapter (pointing to the 75 ohm adapter it was removed) and plugged into the left Extender plug into the headset. (50-600 ohms HighGain) 50% more power. This is the same trick as in the V10 too.

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #2,065 of 4,141
  Poweramp does not work

https://forum.xda-developers.com/v20/themes/list-music-players-dac-t3536815

Because of the XDA-n .. someone writes something does not mean anything. :)
H990DS my device and works on QUAD DAC with The PowerAMP V3 alpha   .
I use them, so I know :) (DSD, 24-bit Flac etc.).
While going to PowerAMP (or any music player) if during the on / off switch on the HiFi button , will be completely different and stronger voice.

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #2,066 of 4,141

oh wow that's awesome. So you need to use both adapters in order to do this trick.

It seems as though the 2nd adapter is out of stock (http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-L-Shape-Right-Angle-3-5mm-Male-To-Female-Stereo-Plug-Adapter-Connector-HFUS-/390645010934?hash=item5af441d1f6:g:AyQAAOxy-NVSDu1a&rmvSB=true)

Does anyone have any alternatives?

that's right ! A 75-ohm Adaptors can only be due to the trick. The extender is always
  (Both indoors deleted)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Right-Angle-Male-To-Female-Stereo-Plug-Headphone-Adapter-Connector-QW-/192002566831?hash=item2cb43eaaaf:g:LXoAAOSwZG9WjhiL

try this ?

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #2,067 of 4,141
  that's right ! A 75-ohm Adaptors can only be due to the trick. The extender is always
  (Both indoors deleted)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Right-Angle-Male-To-Female-Stereo-Plug-Headphone-Adapter-Connector-QW-/192002566831?hash=item2cb43eaaaf:g:LXoAAOSwZG9WjhiL

try this ?

Awesome!  I wonder if they make quarter inch to 3.5 version of this high impedance adapter??? My hifiman he-500 have a quarter inch cable and would be great if I could plug the headphones in without having to have 2 adapter on at all times with this trick.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUNU-3-5mm-to-3-5mm-Impedance-Adapter-Plug-For-Hi-Fi-player-AMP-DAC-Earphone-/380932180092?var=&hash=item58b153c87c:m:mTYTIMVVhRj3Y73N82lrXLg

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #2,069 of 4,141

Spoke too soon! Found this high impedance adapter which will be perfect for those using headphones with a quarter inch cable and don't want multiple adapters on at all times to get into high gain mode.

http://www.musicalparadise.ca/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=66

Thanks for your help!!

Gentlemen! It will not be good .The trick is:
Unfortunately, we have ( must) two adapters.
Connected together( extender+75 ohm adaptor)than to be inserted into the phone  . (The phone will be HighGain position), then pull out the impedance adaptoris increased. The extender will remain. (The phone still remains high position), this is the trick. !! and then you can plug in headphones to less than 50 ohms on the Extender. (I spend a couple of photos of it then) over 50 ohms head.. will be automatically high position, there should not be any magic.
-------------
Districts to indicate if you know? (Sorry for the crappy English expression measured ..) has 3 positions automatically when the V20 / 10.
1.headphones under the standard 50 ohm
2. aux
3. positions 50-600 ohm
The strength of these Properly adjusts the gain. This is what we use it, lie to your automatics. (This worked in the case of LG V10, so I used one year. Also works for V20)

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #2,070 of 4,141
  Awesome!  I wonder if they make quarter inch to 3.5 version of this high impedance adapter??? My hifiman he-500 have a quarter inch cable and would be great if I could plug the headphones in without having to have 2 adapter on at all times with this trick.

The hifiman 38 ohm headphones. If you are only using the extender, even much bigger it will be on (+25 % power). But if into High the loading position ( +50-75% power) ... PowerAMP DVC 0-100 up to 40! what you will wear out your ears :) It will be much more dynamic than when you connect an external headphone amplifier. :)
I listen to a 35-ohm headphones. ( Audiotechnica ATH-AD900x air ) Maximum position 40-45

Users who are viewing this thread

Back