LG V20 Sound Quality
Jan 31, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #2,071 of 4,141
So the first. 0 position

1.The first two adapters are plugged in advance.

2. The DAC mode is High (50-600 ohms)

3.Here it is the 75 ohm adapter is unplugged. That leaves the HighGain.

4.Then, the remains of the headphone plugged Extender placed under 50 ohms.

:) And we enjoy :) .. High Gain, but be careful in your ears. :)
I hope so clear?
(( A little tricky but simple enough to do music before listening. However, less problematic than Root, and guarantee to lose.))

Nota Bene : (( The High Gain the advantage of a stronger voice for: LG, according to all four DAC is activated.(By Ken Hong LG )
If High Res plays music from the DAC. ,,Or,,
Also, if a high-impedance device is connected to the phone.
Nevertheless, not every player can send the output of high-quality music ..
But the noise 4 DAC lower , however, a great advantage.
In case of lower-quality music, and either normal (below 50ohm) headphones. Only one DAC operates.
(Hence the noise cancellation is less)
Because of the efficiency of batteries.))

That is why I, and hear it as well.
Not only is this strong High Gain.
It's cleaner and nicer. (Be it a placebo?) But to hear the difference.

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #2,072 of 4,141
  Because of the XDA-n .. someone writes something does not mean anything. :)
H990DS my device and works on QUAD DAC with The PowerAMP V3 alpha   .
I use them, so I know :) (DSD, 24-bit Flac etc.).
While going to PowerAMP (or any music player) if during the on / off switch on the HiFi button , will be completely different and stronger voice.

they are downsampled to 16/48 by poweramp, and depending on your volume setting, you are actually listening to 9~12bit content.
use a generic player to get better results for hi-res file.

btw, each adaptor will add some resistance to the shared ground pin by adding a contact surface, which will introduce crosstalk.
try to use as less adaptors as possible.

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #2,073 of 4,141
  Because of the XDA-n .. someone writes something does not mean anything. :)
H990DS my device and works on QUAD DAC with The PowerAMP V3 alpha   .
I use them, so I know :) (DSD, 24-bit Flac etc.).
While going to PowerAMP (or any music player) if during the on / off switch on the HiFi button , will be completely different and stronger voice.

Did you even read through the thread on XDA? 96khz gets downsampled to 46 with Poweramp. Has nothing to do with hearing a difference between Hifi on and off

Feb 1, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #2,074 of 4,141
  Did you even read through the thread on XDA? 96khz gets downsampled to 46 with Poweramp. Has nothing to do with hearing a difference between Hifi on and off

I understand what you write . Right.
All right music players tried. I just wrote that the Hi-Fi can be (testedon / off )  switch to quad DAC works with the program. But. Yet despite this beautifully about all your music using the PowerAMP than factory Player (neutron, black player, etc.) .. And I when HiFi just believe in my ears as my eyes (that which is required by the system) a lot of people who I tried, everyone voted for the PowerAMP.
Sound nicer, bigger Stereo, defined bass, powerful dynamics (volume is low)

Feb 1, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #2,075 of 4,141
  they are downsampled to 16/48 by poweramp, and depending on your volume setting, you are actually listening to 9~12bit content.
use a generic player to get better results for hi-res file.

btw, each adaptor will add some resistance to the shared ground pin by adding a contact surface, which will introduce crosstalk.
try to use as less adaptors as possible.

:) It sounded .. do not use salt, pepper do, eat healthily. Excuse me if I'm kidding, do not take it personally. :)
  If I see you are using a high-ohm headphones.
So it does not touch the HighGain trick.
(Magnitude of the impedance is not related to the quality of the headphones - this is my opinion and others as well)
If you read what I wrote in this alert
  ..only an Adapter remains in front of the headphone jack (gold plated good quality). The increase of 75 ohm impedance only ..little trick to be.
The music in the meantime is not important)
Believe me I've tried, no crosstalk or linen is not an error. I used the same method to a year in LGv10 was (and many other users )
In any case, thank you for the good advice. :)

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #2,076 of 4,141
  I understand what you write . Right.
All right music players tried. I just wrote that the Hi-Fi can be (testedon / off )  switch to quad DAC works with the program. But. Yet despite this beautifully about all your music using the PowerAMP than factory Player (neutron, black player, etc.) .. And I when HiFi just believe in my ears as my eyes (that which is required by the system) a lot of people who I tried, everyone voted for the PowerAMP.
Sound nicer, bigger Stereo, defined bass, powerful dynamics (volume is low)

The images at the bottom. The data written is not true then? Poweramp V3
352,8 Khz 1 Bit 5644 Kbps (DSD )  and 96 Khz 24Bit 2941 Kbps (FLAC)

Feb 1, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #2,077 of 4,141
The images at the bottom. The data written is not true then? Poweramp V3
352,8 Khz 1 Bit 5644 Kbps (DSD )  and 96 Khz 24Bit 2941 Kbps (FLAC)

that's input format, not output format. check output format in settings/audio/output.

12bit may look terrible, but it's good enough for most pop music.

Feb 1, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #2,078 of 4,141
that's input format, not output format. check output format in settings/audio/output.

12bit may look terrible, but it's good enough for most pop music.

DVC 16 bit /48 K HDS limit sxt --- this data mean?
Beautifully about nicer than the stock Player, or neutrons.

Feb 1, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #2,079 of 4,141
  ..only an Adapter remains in front of the headphone jack (gold plated good quality).

gold plate does help, but less contact surfaces is still better...try test crosstalk with a left or right only content (easy to create in audacity), and listen to the other channel in headphone which suppose to be silent, you'll be surprised...

Feb 1, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #2,080 of 4,141
gold plate does help, but less contact surfaces is still better...try test crosstalk with a left or right only content (easy to create in audacity), and listen to the other channel in headphone which suppose to be silent, you'll be surprised...

:) Well DSD nicer (cleaner) is the factory Player, but not Flac.
At the PowerAMP better. (Basically a noticeable lack bass) ...

Anyway. The factory player V20 much better.
  as was the V10.

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #2,082 of 4,141
Aux mode :
1. If you only extender on the phone. Aux position will be.
Then, when we put on the headphones (below 50 Ohms), the Extender. It remains aux position to get more reinforcements. Approx. + 25%.

2 . if you have a headset which is remote.
even if the play / up or down/ play buttons to keep. about 2-3 sec.(Even before the insertion press and hold)
It provides about 25% + gain.

(( Who is your gain (+ 25%) are few.
High Gain is a trick of the solution. Extender+75 ohm adaptor = + 75% power )

It works

Feb 2, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #2,083 of 4,141
Anyone feed their desktop amp with their V20 and like the sound of the pairing better than the dac that was built into the amp? I think that is what got me to buy the Deckard. I still like the built in DAC, but the V20 gives it a more Tube like sound. Love it!

Feb 2, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #2,084 of 4,141
No but I've fed my marantz pre amp in phono and aux mode. Both sounded fabulous. I couldn't pick which I liked better. The asahi kasei 4458 is a pretty good DAC on it's own. And the 4490 is supposed to be even better but found mostly in high end products. Cheapest thing I've found it in is JDS Labs new desktop amp @$350 but between my c5d and my v20, and the v20 not needing an amp don't see my self buying it.

Feb 2, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #2,085 of 4,141
No but I've fed my marantz pre amp in phono and aux mode. Both sounded fabulous. I couldn't pick which I liked better. The asahi kasei 4458 is a pretty good DAC on it's own. And the 4490 is supposed to be even better but found mostly in high end products. Cheapest thing I've found it in is JDS Labs new desktop amp @$350 but between my c5d and my v20, and the v20 not needing an amp don't see my self buying it.

If you are referring to the JDS Labs Element, I had one... didn't like it. The Modi2U has an AK4490 as well, decent sounding...but I like the V20 better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back