LG V20 Sound Quality
Nov 8, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #856 of 4,141
I don't mean to rain on any parade, but an honest question: do you guys really think the version that is branded "B&O" has any difference whatsoever to the one that doesn't? Honest question. I think it has something to do with copyrights in the US as to why they couldn't brand it that way. I would love to know the actual physical or software differences between the two. My uneducated and unfounded-by-any-facts guess is that they are identical. 

-Collin-

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #857 of 4,141
I don't mean to rain on any parade, but an honest question: do you guys really think the version that is branded "B&O" has any difference whatsoever to the one that doesn't? Honest question. I think it has something to do with copyrights in the US as to why they couldn't brand it that way. I would love to know the actual physical or software differences between the two. My uneducated and unfounded-by-any-facts guess is that they are identical. 

-Collin-

I'm sure that there are some differences but probably not in hardware. I suspect that there are some extra wallpapers and the usual branding for B&O. Maybe some free music installed as well.

Nov 8, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #858 of 4,141
I'm sure that there are some differences but probably not in hardware. I suspect that there are some extra wallpapers and the usual branding for B&O. Maybe some free music installed as well.

Hopefully. I have the b&o version, and there are wallpapers. I hope there is no EQ. Maybe b&o helped with the DAC implementation and lyout, which is fine if it was the Danish team. There have been a lot of layoffs there, but they have smart people people with experience.

Nov 9, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #859 of 4,141
If LG itself fails to explain the differences. As I tried to communicate with them. An audiophile would. 

Nov 10, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #861 of 4,141
Ok guys so without reading through 50 odd pages of this thread what is this threads opinion on the sound quality compared to the LG G5 with B&O DAC as id really love to know ?

I had a chance to listen to V20 with B&O tuning in Taipei last week, and gotta say it's almost the same as V10 or G5, a little bit brighter but not much. SQ-wise, it's not worth to upgrade. However, the new camera and the battery is amazing. Moreover, it might not have the bootloop of Death like V10.

Nov 10, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #862 of 4,141
I’ve found the battery life to be a lot better, which I was surprised by as most of the reviews said it was only slightly better than the V10.  I have to say I can’t really fault the phone on anything besides the lack of water-proofing and the large size.  I was actually considering getting the smaller Japanese variant (V34) as it has water protection, but it’s an au Japan exclusive.

Nov 10, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #863 of 4,141
so guys don't you feel that their 32 bit advertising is a misleading one knowing that everything gets down sampled to 48000, i see people here out of every forum expected are fine with it, i thought here in head-fi this would not sit well with you guys

why not plan a proper letter to send to LG

Nov 10, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #864 of 4,141
  so guys don't you feel that there 32 bit advertising is a misleading one knowing that everything gets down sampled to 48000

No because bit depth and freq range aren't the same thing. Might as well complain that a laptop touts its CPU speed when the RAM is limited. 

Nov 10, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #865 of 4,141
  I’ve found the battery life to be a lot better, which I was surprised by as most of the reviews said it was only slightly better than the V10.  I have to say I can’t really fault the phone on anything besides the lack of water-proofing and the large size.  I was actually considering getting the smaller Japanese variant (V34) as it has water protection, but it’s an au Japan exclusive.

rumors said it is coming to europe soon

Nov 10, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #867 of 4,141
They can advertise what they want, imo. I'm glad they're one of the few even pushing the notion of high-res audio on smartphones. Hopefully that'll lead to every brand doing the same. Not that it changes the fact I'll never care for anything more than 44.1/320kbps mp3s. So this downsampling is negligible in my case, and daresay I, many others on here too.

Nov 10, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #869 of 4,141
I would be all over this phone if it was compatble with T-Mobile in the US!

Do you mean the smaller Japanese variant? I'm on Tmo with the regular v20 and it's stellar. I love the screen size, it even has a shortcut for easy one-handed operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back