LG V20 Sound Quality
Apr 6, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #2,371 of 4,141
It will not go into High Impedance mode with a four poll, it just won't, they designed it not to. My reasoning as to why is, when was the last time you saw a headphone/IEM that was over 50 ohms and had a control on it?

Whenever you have the impedance adapter plugged in before it is a 3 poll and it is connecting both the ground and the control pins and it makes the phone think that it has a standard jack plugged in, but when you unplug the impedance adapter it detects the change back to the 4 poll and checks the impedance again so it puts it in AUX mode.

Thats unfortunate. I suppose i can live with Aux. Dont need the high impedance mode but i was interested to hear the difference if any while using 1more quad drivers as some have stated the extra power really opens them up.  thanks

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #2,372 of 4,141
Thats unfortunate. I suppose i can live with Aux. Dont need the high impedance mode but i was interested to hear the difference if any while using 1more quad drivers as some have stated the extra power really opens them up.  thanks
I mean, you could still do the impedance adapter trick with them if you got a 3 poll extender instead of the 4 poll one, you just wouldn't be able to use the controls on the quad driver.

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #2,373 of 4,141
I understand how to get into high mode. My issue is using a 4 pole 3.5mm male to female audio ext. Cable. Im trying to retain the inline volume and call features with my iem to phone, but it seems the cable detects the high impedance hp being detached and switches back into aux. Maybe its the particular cable im using? Thats why im asking if anyone else using a trrs 4 pole adapter or extension cable has encountered this issue.

I suspect. Only for the 2-pin stereo does the trick.

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #2,375 of 4,141

I've found this to be untrue.  I have had it working with a four pole extension, and the features worked.

I think it is important to know that the there are two formats of 4 pole 3.5mm.  The ground is in a different position in each, with the microphone in the other.

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #2,376 of 4,141
Do you have a link to one that works? Is there a visual clue to tell the two apart? I obviously have the one that dosent work. When i got it, i was told it was compatible with credit card scanner attachments, im thinking this has something to do with the fact it is not working.

Apr 9, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #2,377 of 4,141
Do you have a link to one that works? Is there a visual clue to tell the two apart? I obviously have the one that dosent work. When i got it, i was told it was compatible with credit card scanner attachments, im thinking this has something to do with the fact it is not working.

I don't sorry.  I bought it in a tiny stall in Hong Kong.  I think an android compatible one should be good.  The impedance sensing system is designed to work with android headsets with microphones.

Apr 9, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #2,378 of 4,141
Hello guys, I'm wondering whether will I get a substantial sound upgrade if I get a dap. Currently I'm using a CIEM with my v20 playing mostly 320kbps, some 128kbps and flac files. Currently looking at the OPUS #1, AK Jr as well as the sony NW-A35. I don't have any issues with storage, battery, etc. It's a hard decision for me as I don't usually carry a bag around and having a DAP as well as the big v20 may be kinda handful for me. Thanks! :)

Apr 9, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #2,379 of 4,141
Hello guys, I'm wondering whether will I get a substantial sound upgrade if I get a dap. Currently I'm using a CIEM with my v20 playing mostly 320kbps, some 128kbps and flac files. Currently looking at the OPUS #1, AK Jr as well as the sony NW-A35. I don't have any issues with storage, battery, etc. It's a hard decision for me as I don't usually carry a bag around and having a DAP as well as the big v20 may be kinda handful for me. Thanks! :)

I'm not a fan of the A&K sound. They are obviously quality, but they don't do it for me. The V20, Pono and Sony ZX2 do. It's all about how they pervey the performance.

So if you already have a V20, maybe look at headphones that make the most of it first.

Put it this way, I stopped using my Pono (this was balenced into PM-3) and stopping looking at new Sony or other players since getting the V20 in high impedance mode into Audeze Sines.

Apr 9, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #2,380 of 4,141
What he said. Bring your V20 ang go audition some big cans. HD6x0 or the likes. You'll be surprised (as I am, or the others).

Apr 9, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #2,381 of 4,141
ahhh i see....cuz I don't usually get into headphones. Tried em before. I feel uncomfortable wearing them. So now i usually look to mainly iem/ciems. So does this mean a dap would be pointless? Cuz I'm sure the V20 will be able to power the iems more than sufficient. (my hifi mode volume is 20 when wearing ciems LOL)

On one hand I'm thinking whether will the sound be greatly improved and on the other, it's gonna be so troublesome carrying it around and not sure is it worth it haha

Apr 9, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #2,382 of 4,141
I don't think it has anything to do with being "pointless", it's more what works best for you and your situation. Me personally, i own and used stand alone daps in the past but i always faced the situation of missing phone calls and text because I would never hear it with my earphones on. Vibrate was always hit or miss but i dealt with it because at that time smartphone audio just didn't cut it for me. I even went as far as getting one of those pebble watches so i could be notified by vibrations on my wrist when a call or text came in. I carried a dap, my headphones, my smartphone, wore the watch all to enjoy music on the go. For some, not a big deal. When i found the V20 it solved all the issues and the sound was more than acceptable to me and now all i use is the V20.

Apr 9, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #2,384 of 4,141
I don't think it has anything to do with being "pointless", it's more what works best for you and your situation. Me personally, i own and used stand alone daps in the past but i always faced the situation of missing phone calls and text because I would never hear it with my earphones on. Vibrate was always hit or miss but i dealt with it because at that time smartphone audio just didn't cut it for me. I even went as far as getting one of those pebble watches so i could be notified by vibrations on my wrist when a call or text came in. I carried a dap, my headphones, my smartphone, wore the watch all to enjoy music on the go. For some, not a big deal. When i found the V20 it solved all the issues and the sound was more than acceptable to me and now all i use is the V20.

Sorry for phrasing it that way haha, didn't think it through.

Ahhh I see, hmm imo I feel V20 is capable enough for my current needs i guess. Okay! It's all cleared up! Thanks for the replies. Appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back