LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Dec 28, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #3,211 of 3,525
I have not had it happen to mine yet which I am very surprised by. But I never leave the screen or second screen on the same picture for a long time, and I never game on my phone for more than 10 minutes at a time, so no real risk of burn in with static stuff there.  Plus my TV is a plasma so anti-burn in behaviors are just second nature to me.... so were you doing something like a game for a long time or someting else with visual elements that don't move? True that it will happen to all V10 in time, but should be able to warn it off for a goodlong time.

There as AM burned into the too right corner, and a Facebook notification icon burned into the top left. There was an arrow and a magnifying glass burned in from the Facebook app, and the soft touch buttons on the bottom. All were clearly visible when they shouldn't have been. On a grey image they were very clear. I'm just wondering if this is going to continue, and continue to get worse.

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #3,212 of 3,525
There as AM burned into the too right corner, and a Facebook notification icon burned into the top left. There was an arrow and a magnifying glass burned in from the Facebook app, and the soft touch buttons on the bottom. All were clearly visible when they shouldn't have been. On a grey image they were very clear. I'm just wondering if this is going to continue, and continue to get worse.

It is, i would suggest you contact LG.... they seem to be nice to V10 owners having issues...

Dec 29, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #3,213 of 3,525
So I went through the whole warranty procedure online. I guess it's covered, but they want me to ship my phone in to them. I don't have a backup phone and can't be without a phone for weeks. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do then.

Dec 29, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #3,214 of 3,525
So I went through the whole warranty procedure online. I guess it's covered, but they want me to ship my phone in to them. I don't have a backup phone and can't be without a phone for weeks. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do then.

Get a nokia or a blackberry or something for like $20, you can deal with not having fast internet for a couple weeks right? I have a Nokia flip phone around for that reason just in case...

Dec 29, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #3,215 of 3,525
Get a nokia or a blackberry or something for like $20, you can deal with not having fast internet for a couple weeks right? I have a Nokia flip phone around for that reason just in case...
is the nano SIM card going to fit into pretty much any phone?

Dec 29, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #3,218 of 3,525
No worries, sorry about your V10, but at least you'll get a fresh new one back 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #3,219 of 3,525
No worries, sorry about your V10, but at least you'll get a fresh new one back :)  

Not sure I'm going to bother, at least not yet. Too much of an inconvenience right now.

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #3,220 of 3,525
I was near a Verizon store tonight so I went in there and talked to a girl that didn't know what image rentetion is. She did some test on the phone and of course everything passed. No "test" is going to fail when it comes to this. The phone isn't going to know that it's doing this. Anyway, she was no help and said they couldn't do anything for it.

I took this picture of my screen with the wife's iPhone. This was immediately after using it for GPS for 30 minutes. It goes away, but this is pretty strong retention.

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #3,221 of 3,525
So after 1 store associate, two people on the phone, and 1 person via chat on the MyVerizon app I have a replacement device on the way. Hopefully the one I get sent isn't a refurb with the same issue. We will see. This will be the first time I've ever needed a replacement phone.

Jan 1, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #3,222 of 3,525
I was near a Verizon store tonight so I went in there and talked to a girl that didn't know what image rentetion is. She did some test on the phone and of course everything passed. No "test" is going to fail when it comes to this. The phone isn't going to know that it's doing this. Anyway, she was no help and said they couldn't do anything for it.

I took this picture of my screen with the wife's iPhone. This was immediately after using it for GPS for 30 minutes. It goes away, but this is pretty strong retention.

You can solve this problem by simply downloading an apps called nightly from the playstore. I m not sure about the mechanism behind it but it works like a charm. 

Jan 1, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #3,223 of 3,525
Well, after nine months of loving this phone and having no problems with it, I have fallen victim to the dreaded "bootloop"

I was scrolling through facebook videos when the unit froze, then reset and continued to freeze and restart in the "life's good" screen. There was no excessive usage or mishandling of my V10. I baby my stuff. 

I previously wrote off others complaints of this thinking it was isolated incidents. I want to be the first to apologize to these people. I now know of more people with LG phones who have experienced this problem than those who have not.

What's also scary is the fact that some people have told me they are on their third or fourth phone in a year. That means it's a defect and not an isolated freak thing, like the red ring of death on Xbox 360s. From what I've heard, the phone's motherboard's soldering connections will heat up and over time they loose contact. That's NOT GOOD. Use the phone enough and heat up the internals enough, and I suppose it could happen to just about any phone with this defective design. 

As more time goes on I'm hearing more and more from LG owners (primarily the G4 and V10) saying that they too experienced the bootloop problems. I don't think this is an isolated thing and it's widespread. 

I am getting my phone replaced, so that's good news. The sad news is I'm now worried if or how long this new phone will last. With flagship phones come flagship prices. I have been a loyal LG customer for the better part of the last five years. I even bought a LG TV and smartwatch. I'm hoping the new V10 I'm getting doesn't have the same problem. I'm also hoping the new V20 doesn't have the same problems.

The V10 is the best phone I've ever owned. I've recommended this phone to many people. It's upsetting as at this point I'm regretting doing so. 

Jan 1, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #3,224 of 3,525
  Well, after nine months of loving this phone and having no problems with it, I have fallen victim to the dreaded "bootloop"

I was scrolling through facebook videos when the unit froze, then reset and continued to freeze and restart in the "life's good" screen. There was no excessive usage or mishandling of my V10. I baby my stuff. 

I previously wrote off others complaints of this thinking it was isolated incidents. I want to be the first to apologize to these people. I now know of more people with LG phones who have experienced this problem than those who have not.

What's also scary is the fact that some people have told me they are on their third or fourth phone in a year. That means it's a defect and not an isolated freak thing, like the red ring of death on Xbox 360s. From what I've heard, the phone's motherboard's soldering connections will heat up and over time they loose contact. That's NOT GOOD. Use the phone enough and heat up the internals enough, and I suppose it could happen to just about any phone with this defective design. 

As more time goes on I'm hearing more and more from LG owners (primarily the G4 and V10) saying that they too experienced the bootloop problems. I don't think this is an isolated thing and it's widespread. 

I am getting my phone replaced, so that's good news. The sad news is I'm now worried if or how long this new phone will last. With flagship phones come flagship prices. I have been a loyal LG customer for the better part of the last five years. I even bought a LG TV and smartwatch. I'm hoping the new V10 I'm getting doesn't have the same problem. I'm also hoping the new V20 doesn't have the same problems.

The V10 is the best phone I've ever owned. I've recommended this phone to many people. It's upsetting as at this point I'm regretting doing so. 

What would you get if you could start all over again?

Jan 1, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #3,225 of 3,525
What would you get if you could start all over again?
That's kind of a loaded question. The V10 met and exceeded my expectations up to this point. The fact that this happened after defending the product, I'm king of eating crow right now.

If the new V10 comes in and I have no problems, I will have no regrets. I will say, I've purchased the ZTE Axon 7 also that will be used as a backup in case anything like this ever happens again. When it comes in I'm going to compare the two. If the Axon 7 can hang with the v10 at half the price, it will definitely influence my next smart phone purchase after these become dated technology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back