LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Feb 27, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #2,193 of 3,525
Hey guys.

I`ve confirmed that I get HSPA bands with my carrier with my H961N version, but no LTE.  I have been looking it up, and it seems I can root it, unlock the LTE bands, and then unroot it, and put it back to stock rom.  I just don`t know if it`s worth it.  I don`t stream much, just one radio station on TuneIn Radio app, and it works fine, it`s 128kbps, I surf with it, but it`s mainly mobile friendly websites, like this one, and the speeds seem satisfactory to me.  

Would you risk rooting and bricking a brand new phone, or eliminating the warranty, just to get LTE?  I'm thinking about it, but not sure if it's necessary for what I do with the phone, and not sure if I want to risk it.  Any advice?

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #2,194 of 3,525
Hey guys.

I`ve confirmed that I get HSPA bands with my carrier with my H961N version, but no LTE.  I have been looking it up, and it seems I can root it, unlock the LTE bands, and then unroot it, and put it back to stock rom.  I just don`t know if it`s worth it.  I don`t stream much, just one radio station on TuneIn Radio app, and it works fine, it`s 128kbps, I surf with it, but it`s mainly mobile friendly websites, like this one, and the speeds seem satisfactory to me.  

Would you risk rooting and bricking a brand new phone, or eliminating the warranty, just to get LTE?  I'm thinking about it, but not sure if it's necessary for what I do with the phone, and not sure if I want to risk it.  Any advice?

How difficult is it? You can always import a model from the US like I did.

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #2,195 of 3,525
How difficult is it? You can always import a model from the US like I did.

A little late for that. Already bought the H961N. Doing some research, I have to download a .tot file to root, another program to unlock the LTE bands, then download the .tot file to unroot. My main concern is warranty. I have a 6 month warranty with the company I bought the phone from, and I don't want to risk losing that. On top of that, I've never rooted an LG device, and from experience, I know that each phone is different. Processes, steps, plugging and unplugging from the computer, messing up a step, and you have a brick.

*edit* Decided to do it, but the programs I need to do it are not in the links at xda-developers.com. So, I either have to just live with HSPA, or find them somewhere else. I don't feel like looking right now, so, I'll just stick to what I got.

Feb 27, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #2,196 of 3,525
Well pulled the plug and got the V10 a couple hours ago.  Still playing with it, but installed Poweramp alpha and my 128GB card and loving the sound already with my EPH-100's, still have to try my other IEM's and my K553's.

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #2,197 of 3,525
Well pulled the plug and got the V10 a couple hours ago.  Still playing with it, but installed Poweramp alpha and my 128GB card and loving the sound already with my EPH-100's, still have to try my other IEM's and my K553's.

Isn't PowerAmp Alpha great?! It makes full use of the DAC for sure. I love it with my Aurisonic Forte`s.

Feb 27, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #2,199 of 3,525
What case is everyone using? I just brought the spigen liquid crystal and a 128gb patriot microsd card.

Spigen makes good cases, but this is the one I bought.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016WSNTC4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

And ordered this for the screen, Most of the time I don't use screen protectors due to good screens/glass on phones now but I have a feeling this phone will get more than "normal" use.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016U504EU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Feb 29, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #2,202 of 3,525
  Anybody know of a short cable for enabling Aux mode on Alixpress or Ebay? Thanks.

... Concerning that cable, Amazon can supply (Desert Cart's the local rep.), nothin' on Ali & I haven't tried on Ebay...

Feb 29, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #2,203 of 3,525
Has the output impedance of the LG V10 been measured when using the sabre amp?

I've check the plot of gsmarena and the bump at 50hz suggests that output impedancie would be in the 5 ball park. But that measurement seems to pertain to the non sabre output.

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #2,204 of 3,525
Alright, now I'm not sure the the DAC is getting enabled.  I tried the LG player and Poweramp alpha with the DAC turned on (Hi-Fi icon) and hear no difference. It says "Normal audio" and goes to 70% volume on both.  I then tried the DAC fix app and still could tell no difference in Poweramp.   Whenever I plug in my IEM's or HP's it automatically turns on Hi-F with or without the DAC fix in both players. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back