LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Feb 12, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #2,088 of 3,525
Does anybody know what the IE80 sounds like with the V10? Also would I benefit from using the audio extender with the IE80 or is the gain fine as it is? I'm guessing it's just more power hungry can's that need this rather than IEM's?

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #2,089 of 3,525
Its been a well known fact since kitkat, then lollipop. Plus there was a thread, a cant remember where in code.google.com that was even abandoned for the Lg G3 and G4

It's weird, I never experienced it before. Only about 2 weeks ago when I plugged in my cable without IEMS. It doesn't do it all the time either. It hasn't happened in over a week now. Such an odd thing.

I've read on several forums that it has happened with other manufacturers as well, but I've never experienced it with any other phone I've owned.

I prefer using the aux mode for my IEMS.

Feb 13, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #2,091 of 3,525
To all the members who was waiting for my video: (how to bug the high-impedance recognizer to get the amp ON with low impedance devices too)

Today or tomorrow I will work to the last part of the video separating every single method and explaining the "key" of this bug (playing with the cache of the DAC Fix app), then demostrate the utility with a volume loudness comparison.

The video will be available online tomorrow or Monday! Hold on :)

Feb 13, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #2,092 of 3,525
To all the members who was waiting for my video: (how to bug the high-impedance recognizer to get the amp ON with low impedance devices too)

Today or tomorrow I will work to the last part of the video separating every single method and explaining the "key" of this bug (playing with the cache of the DAC Fix app), then demostrate the utility with a volume loudness comparison.

The video will be available online tomorrow or Monday! Hold on :)

Take youre time, how is the Health now?

Feb 13, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #2,093 of 3,525
Take youre time, how is the Health now?

It's going better my friend, just some random pain attack on the operated area... that unfortunately is getting me much of the times on deep night, in fact in this week I'm sleeping not more than 4 ~ 5 hours per day, but I don't know why I feel anyway energized during the daytime.

I wrote that post because tomorrow I'll be free all the day from family visits and any kind of self-medication I have to do. So I think I can end all the remaining work for tomorrow C:

Thanks for your support, and have a good night! (and hoping the same for me hahah)

Feb 13, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #2,094 of 3,525
Now I understand how you guys lose battery so fast. I went to shop and tested some 150 and 300 OHM headphones for maybe 1 hour max and I lost 20% of battery very fast when I usually can listen to 10 hours of music and surf internet for few on breaks and have still 50-60% left in the battery.

Feb 13, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #2,095 of 3,525
  Now I understand how you guys lose battery so fast. I went to shop and tested some 150 and 300 OHM headphones for maybe 1 hour max and I lost 20% of battery very fast when I usually can listen to 10 hours of music and surf internet for few on breaks and have still 50-60% left in the battery.

Also keep in mind that the giant screen(s) of 5.7" + 2.1" @517ppi are the main responsibles of the battery drop. I suggest everyone to use playlists to prevent excessive battery consumes. Playing music withouth turning on the screen too many times will help a lot to save V10 battery.

Feb 15, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #2,096 of 3,525
The video is now online!

IMPORTANT - Please note: these methods work "luckily". One time I reached 16 failed tries getting the right one after these. When you get the High-Impedance mode PIN the Hi-Fi DAC Settings by the multitasking menu (watch the screenshot at the end of the video to know how to do that); this will help you to keep the bugged high-impedance recognized, and to avoid the overuse of the phone's / headphones' 3.5 jack connector for all the possible failed tries.

Good luck! If you have any question just ask here or comment the video itself.

Feb 15, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #2,097 of 3,525
  The video is now online!

IMPORTANT - Please note: these methods work "luckily". One time I reached 16 failed tries getting the right one after these. When you get the High-Impedance mode PIN the Hi-Fi DAC Settings by the multitasking menu (watch the screenshot at the end of the video to know how to do that); this will help you to keep the bugged high-impedance recognized, and to avoid the overuse of the phone's / headphones' 3.5 jack connector for all the possible failed tries.

Good luck! If you have any question just ask here or comment the video itself.

Thank you for making this video...glad you are feeling better too!

To be able to achieve this, it is required to have a headphone that triggers the High-Impedance mode first...correct?
I'm currently using an adapter to trigger the AUX mode with my non detachable headphones.
I do not have any that can trigger the High-Impedance mode.

Feb 15, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #2,098 of 3,525

Thank you for making this video...glad you are feeling better too!

To be able to achieve this, it is required to have a headphone that triggers the High-Impedance mode first...correct?
I'm currently using an adapter to trigger the AUX mode with my non detachable headphones.
I do not have any that can trigger the High-Impedance mode.

You're welcome!

Nope, you only need (if you want to try the Method 2) a jack adapter / extender. I don't own High-Impedance headphones however I had succes into bugging it ^_^

Feb 15, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #2,100 of 3,525
Does anybody know what the IE80 sounds like with the V10? Also would I benefit from using the audio extender with the IE80 or is the gain fine as it is? I'm guessing it's just more power hungry can's that need this rather than IEM's?

I am currently using IE80 with the V10, as well as Beyerdynamic T90 and Senn Momentum wireless (in wired mode). I think it goes pretty loud with all of them. With IE80 I usually listen between volume level 50 and 60. I'm using Poweramp Alpha with DAC Fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back