LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Dec 26, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #1,638 of 3,525
... Is there any comparsion between AKG K712 pro and AKG K7XX?  

Search Head-Fi and you'll find more than a few of comparisons of those two. In summary they are pretty much the same headphones.

Dec 26, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #1,640 of 3,525
I would one more recommend MDR-Z7 from Sony to pair with V10 for full size headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi, Whitigir ,would you  please recommend a carrying case for Sony MDR -Z7. Thanks

Dec 26, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #1,643 of 3,525
I need help here, i have been using nexus 5 as my primary phone and fiio x3ii for music listening, im enjoying my fiio x3 and i was planning to get nexus 6p..however according to some users lg v10 sounds better than fiio x3ii and on par with fiio x5!
Can anyone do comparison between x3ii and lg v10? Is it worth selling my fiio x3 for it?
Or should i keep it and buy nexus 6p.

Dec 26, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #1,645 of 3,525
Portapros are a good match with anything
biggrin.gif

Agreed.

But, until you've tried them together, you won't believe how much better they sound with the V10.

Used to keep my Portapros in a drawer and only took them out when I needed any old headphone. Now, after using them with my V10, I brought a hard carry case and never leave home without them.

Dec 27, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #1,647 of 3,525
Dec 27, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #1,648 of 3,525
I am using the audio technica headphone adapter at335i with my LZ A2 on JVC spiral dots eartips and the sound is great as well. As mentioned previously plug in the adapter first than the earphone and the phone will go into aux power mode which is more than sufficient to power lower impedance earphones.

On a separate note gonna take out my portapro as well and  check it out with the V10. Thanks for the info.

Dec 27, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #1,649 of 3,525
Well I think the latest "DAC Fix" update enabled the the amp for lower impedance phones like the ATH m50 and Nad HP-50 to run at much higher output than before. The ability to do this was my biggest complaint against this phone, and now it seems it's gone. Again kudos for the developer for this gem!

Edit: it is maybe the cable I was using, the longer of the 2 V Moda cables I use for the above headphones seems maybe what triggers the amp, as the shorter with the inline controls won't do it. Well whatever it works.:D

Dec 27, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #1,650 of 3,525
Well I think the latest "DAC Fix" update enabled the the amp for lower impedance phones like the ATH m50 and Nad HP-50 to run at much higher output than before. The ability to do this was my biggest complaint against this phone, and now it seems it's gone. Again kudos for the developer for this gem!

Edit: it is maybe the cable I was using, the longer of the 2 V Moda cables I use for the above headphones seems maybe what triggers the amp, as the shorter with the inline controls won't do it. Well whatever it works.
biggrin.gif

The amp is always enabled when any headphone is plugged in. It just goes to normal instead of high for lower impedance headphones but its on either way.

Thanks for posting about the dac fix update. Had to update it manually for some reason; didn't get a notification about it or other apps that had updates.

But I'm only seeing bug fixes listed for ver 1.01. Just tested my V10 and still got normal power as before with certain headphones.

Yeah, inline controls always give normal power, no matter the headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back