LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Dec 23, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #1,621 of 3,525
... Pardon me, but the best option for you would be from HK...   -  http://www.expansys.com.hk/mobile-phones/brand/lg/ ..... I hope it is region compatible.... according to them 15 working days transit time...

Thanks, those are H961N so not the right LTE bands, I'll wait for LG in the UK to launch de phone, or ask a friend in the Czech Republic if I can ship one from there at his home and then have him send it to me

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #1,623 of 3,525
  but ,it drains the battery real quick, also a warning pops up but performs as it should be.

According to the "pop up" message...uses 2% of the battery an hour.

I usually turn it off when I'm not using it with either Tidal or the LG player...only use it for Spotify/Google Music/Pandora/Amazon Prime Music.

The app is worth the bit of battery life...reason for having an additional battery and quick charging.

Dec 25, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #1,625 of 3,525
Dec 25, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #1,626 of 3,525

Right now I only found on LG website in Czech Republic but it doesn't ship internationally.
Apparently it's out in Italy too, somebody mentioned it but didn't check online. Also it seems you can find it in the Gulf... It's supposed to be sold in the UK soon, early 2016. Not easy to find right now!

... yeah it's here, black 960 only...  but anybody could try this link -  http://www.expansys.com/mobile-phones/ 

Dec 25, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #1,627 of 3,525
Dec 25, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #1,628 of 3,525
Dec 25, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #1,629 of 3,525
Dec 25, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #1,630 of 3,525
Torn between This, Note 5 and Nexus 6p.
Considering I will be using easy to drive headphones (Fidue A73) will I notice any significant difference in sq between V10 and the other two?
Answering this will make me reach a decision much easier.

Dec 25, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #1,631 of 3,525
Considering I will be using easy to drive headphones (Fidue A73) will I notice any significant difference in sq between V10 and the other two?

You should notice the difference between the dac chips at least. I'm not familiar with how hard those earphones are to drive, or how loud you listen, but there should be a difference between the dac chips at the very least.

Dec 25, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #1,632 of 3,525

Not IMO, the biggest difference here is the amp. Using headphones that won't task the amp [I.E. low impedance ones] I often switched the Hi-FI Dac on and and off, and I couldn't hear a lick of difference, still I would take this phone over the other 2 choices if HP listening is your major criteria with phones The 6p has much better speakers though.

Dec 26, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #1,633 of 3,525

Everything good comes to those who wait :)

.... Couldn't Agree more..... I feel this notion..... but when you have it, very very rewarding.....indeed...

Dec 26, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #1,634 of 3,525
Any of you tried Noozxoide on this phone? I'm got that running the background using digital preset "Unique III" , increased monitor size to Large OOO, and VSUR to room size "Live II" on my HD598's. Add's some bass and even more soundstage (not like the cans need it, but still!) to listen to my bass heavy tracks.  I've noticed that Noozdoide EQ changes seem to work with all apps I have tried, except Spotify. Damn you spotify.

In other news, the DAC anywhere app does work for everything I have tried it on, which is wonderful.

Edit: FYI I've got ATT variant, once root comes out i'll have V4a in a heartbeat. I've used that for years and love it. 

Dec 26, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #1,635 of 3,525
I have time until february to return my Fidelio X2 to amazon and I'm really in the hunt for the best full size headphones for the V10.

Some members keep repeating the best match are AKG K7 series (they trigger the high gain mode without adapters). In Europe it's difficult to get AKG K7XX massdrop edition. With difficult I mean there's not return policy with ebay sellers and I really hate doing blind purchases.

So I will stick with amazon (Spain) at least to try them. For a few days I've been struggling to choose. The veteran and cheap AKG K701 (159€) or AKG K612 (136€) or AKG 712 pro (336€). To get AKG K7xx I must spend about 230€ with prepaid taxes...

So I ordered K712 pro. They are much more expensive but at least they should be the best AKG headphones to fight against my Fidelios... Is there any comparsion between AKG K712 pro and AKG K7XX?

My point is to finally understand AKG sound signature and decide if I like more the "fun" signature of Fidelio X2.

The only thing I'm completly sure is that the LG V10 is wonderful. With my IEM I get stunning sound, but with Fidelios I'm not completly sold, that's why I need to try other matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back