LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Dec 15, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #1,531 of 3,525
I will try again tidal vs Spotify. But I must trust my senses, tidal vs Google play music (with cat trick), I couldn't feel more fidelity to the sound with the flac file. At least using V10 and Fidelios.

May be Google play sounds better than Spotify. I'll try tonight.

Can anyone help me with a list of 3 songs that really shine with fidelity and realism?

I'll compare the three services with the same songs.

Thank you!

If you've been around for any time at all you know these are rabbit hole arguments, so as always, you just have to decide for yourself. 

I notice a difference between Tidal and Spotify (and Google Play).  With some of my locally stored music, 90% of which is FLAC, ripped with DBPoweramp, I think the Tidal file sounds better than my local file.  I appreciate there is probably a placebo affect happening there, but it is what it is to me.  

As far as songs go, I always try to go with 1) a song I know the best, 2) a song that has been "audiophile" vetted, 3) a song that has a lot of tight bass and drum thump to it, and 4) a well-produced hip hop song.  

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #1,532 of 3,525
Uh, I just realized that I have triggered all my full size cans playing back in high gain setting with my v10. After reading additional info on forums I think I should attribute my good luck to my extended cable I think.
This kinda explain why I am always on high gain setting even when I'm playing easy to power cans like Grados.

I do this coz I broke a few headphone jacks from heavy plugs. Anyways... I really think the amp is black and powerful!! Now if only neutron and all streaming services could work without the ridiculous neko hack...

Oh nice, I do get Neutron to work with the HighGain Dac, I have to start the LG Music app though, then Neutron will output in the same gain setting, an yea I just got a Grado 1/4 to 3.5mm cord today I might use it with my V10 as well since 3.5mm to 1/4 plug is a pretty easy one imo 

If you've been around for any time at all you know these are rabbit hole arguments, so as always, you just have to decide for yourself. 

I notice a difference between Tidal and Spotify (and Google Play).  With some of my locally stored music, 90% of which is FLAC, ripped with DBPoweramp, I think the Tidal file sounds better than my local file.  I appreciate there is probably a placebo affect happening there, but it is what it is to me.  

As far as songs go, I always try to go with 1) a song I know the best, 2) a song that has been "audiophile" vetted, 3) a song that has a lot of tight bass and drum thump to it, and 4) a well-produced hip hop song.  

Honestly, I keep a few albums downloaded on my V10 to test again'st my streaming services, sadly Rhapsody doesn't ahve the BEST quality in EVERY album  

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #1,533 of 3,525
 For the guys thinking about getting this phone.  Lg did cut corners on somethings.  I've had this phone since its release and this is what I learned.

Bluetooth
When using it in the car and a phone call comes in while your listening to music, the music will sometimes play in the background while the call is in session.  you would need to manually stop the music player for the music to stop.  This doesn't happen all the time but it does happen.  Also, when you turn off your car and disconnect.  The music will keep on playing on your phone.  Again, not all the time but it happens.

Build Quality
This is all cosmetic.  This is all based on my friends phone since we got it at the same time.  The plastic that LG used is soft.  He has gouges and indents and he has never dropped it.  The paint that they used for the circle around the lens is chipping off.  Mind you he has an office job and uses a case and screen protector.  He said all these marks just came from being in his pocket with keys.  

I only use a glass screem protector and no case, but I keep my phone in my back pocket with nothing in there but my phone, and I lay my phone down face-down when I put it down.  So I haven't had these problems that hes encountered.

So this is a case of "you get what you paid for".  I have other lg products and its all the same.  You get a great solid working product for the price but they do cut corners on things that they feel aren't important and won't hinder the main use of the device.

Its still a great phone and I wouldn't trade it for any other right now.  I just feel LG rushed this phone to get it out for the holiday season.

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #1,534 of 3,525
   For the guys thinking about getting this phone.  Lg did cut corners on somethings.  I've had this phone since its release and this is what I learned.

Bluetooth
When using it in the car and a phone call comes in while your listening to music, the music will sometimes play in the background while the call is in session.  you would need to manually stop the music player for the music to stop.  This doesn't happen all the time but it does happen.  Also, when you turn off your car and disconnect.  The music will keep on playing on your phone.  Again, not all the time but it happens.

Build Quality
This is all cosmetic.  This is all based on my friends phone since we got it at the same time.  The plastic that LG used is soft.  He has gouges and indents and he has never dropped it.  The paint that they used for the circle around the lens is chipping off.  Mind you he has an office job and uses a case and screen protector.  He said all these marks just came from being in his pocket with keys.  

I only use a glass screem protector and no case, but I keep my phone in my back pocket with nothing in there but my phone, and I lay my phone down face-down when I put it down.  So I haven't had these problems that hes encountered.

So this is a case of "you get what you paid for".  I have other lg products and its all the same.  You get a great solid working product for the price but they do cut corners on things that they feel aren't important and won't hinder the main use of the device.

Its still a great phone and I wouldn't trade it for any other right now.  I just feel LG rushed this phone to get it out for the holiday season.

Yea, the build quality is "rugged" but does feel a bit rushed. Like Having car built with "bullet proof" glass an metal but having poor or weak weld joints 

TH Ui is much the same, it also feels rushed 

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #1,535 of 3,525
Dec 16, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #1,536 of 3,525

Bluetooth

Build Quality

Anyone that keeps their phone and their keys in the same pocket has no right to complain about damage to their phone.
I also have not had any of the so called "damage" to my V10, but I don't keep it in a pocket with keys like your friend.

As for the music during a call issue, that's not the phone, that's Android, and more specifically, the music app you are using and maybe even, if your provider has it, whether you have "HD" or "Advanced" calling on or not. I've seen this issue on other non-LG phones as well. We'll have to see if Google/LG can fix the issue or note.

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #1,537 of 3,525

Bluetooth

Build Quality

I disagree. The V10 feess neither rushed nor fragile.

Bluetooth behavior depends on all devices involved. So, unless this happens with every device you guys tried (assuming you tried more than one), there may be nothing wrong with the V10.

Never had a problem using bluetooth with my V10, car, and a separate headset at the same time; just did an hour ago. Whenever I play music in the car it pauses the moment I get a call. I take the call on my earpiece then music automatically resumes after I hang up. I've done this several times with same result and usually have to stop the music manually because I'm usually home by time the call ends.

The plastic is softer to help absorb impacts. Hard plastics could shift shocks to other, more delicate parts of the phone. Would you rather have some marred plastic or a functional phone after a drop? And why would you want hard, fisher-price plastic on your cell phone? I'm sure the materials chosen help the V10's MIL-STD-810 certification.

V10's paint is no more (or less) durable than other phones. My Note 3 had faux, painted chrome on the sides that could wear away or chip off. People also complained about the Note's faux leather back but the phone was still $700-800 new. And LG's UI (imo) is much more preferable to Samsung's Touchwiz.

The only way to keep a naked phone and camera lens spotless in a pocket with keys is to buy a Vertu phone. If you want a spotless V10 you'll need an otterbox (which will get wear n tear of its own from the sound of things).

What we paid for are 2 layers of gorilla glass, 3 cameras, 2 screens, and 2 decently implemented ESS chips. Not sure we can expect a phone with full metal casing and front and back glass plus all those features for $100-200 less than the competition. LG even put 64GB and 4GB ram into the V10 then offered a free battery, charger, and 200GB card.

The V10 isn't perfect but it doesn't deserve this level of criticism.

Dec 16, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #1,538 of 3,525
Wow...

These forums are to inform future purchaser the good and the bad of a product so they can make decision wisely.

You guys fanboi so hard, that when someone points out the bad, you bash him for it.

Riiiiight..... Ok cool...

You have a good day then.

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #1,539 of 3,525
  Wow...

These forums are to inform future purchaser the good and the bad of a product so they can make decision wisely.

You guys fanboi so hard, that when someone points out the bad, you bash him for it.

I like the LG phones, I've had 3 now an I'm with you

I wasn't thrilled about the Headphone Jack either, it's not fully flushed an so there's tiny bit of wiggle, which isn't an issue I had with my Optimus 90 :/ 

an the UI's lack of full Dac Support doesn't help either,  

I like the phone, I sell the phone an I followed it's launch from Korea here to the states an I still feel it was a bit rushed, I might move into the G5 when it hits us State Side 

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #1,540 of 3,525
  He said all these marks just came from being in his pocket with keys.  

So this is a case of "you get what you paid for".

Wow...

You're complaints were about someone else's unique experience and you even state you haven't had the same problems. These "issues" could also be applied to ANY smartphone if used in a similar way.

We have pointed out the V10's flaws numerous times in previous pages including about emails sent to LG asking to correct them.

Posting generic info and saying its negative feedback just to balance what you see as too many positives is nonsense.

Dec 16, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #1,542 of 3,525
I think LG better have a software update soon or the ":heart_eyes_cat: app" is gonna be so famous and downloaded on all LG V10.lol

right, I'm hoping we get Marshmellow soon to, there are G4s running it :/ 

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #1,543 of 3,525

Bluetooth

Build Quality

I do not agree with you,about Bluetooth connectivity, it is about sometime with your car bluetooth receiver especially aftermarket and I have Sony Xperia  Z3+ it also acts randomly as you described above but my LG V10 never had any bluetooth  connectivity problems. I think the build quality is fine.

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #1,544 of 3,525
  I do not agree with you,about Bluetooth connectivity, it is about sometime with your car bluetooth receiver especially aftermarket and I have Sony Xperia  Z3+ it also acts randomly as you described above but my LG V10 never had any bluetooth  connectivity problems. I think the build quality is fine.

It might be my headunit, but i'm also connecting a lg g3, iphone 6, iphone 6+, and a note 5.  none of them having problems except the v10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back