LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Dec 12, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #1,457 of 3,525
  I just wonder why LG V10 got the praise so much as it has been discussed for nearly 100 pages. I have tried and I would say that I still found Chinese audiophile phone like meizu, xiaomi and Letv have got a lot more dedicated sound than this.  

I would like to ask whether any of you have tried those phones as well before making a discussion with even hi-end DAP and some desktop DAC?

I just would like to verify whether it is over-hyped by head-fier or not.

We're in the U.S.A or Canada... these Chinese companies don't supply their phones to the states. Forget about it...
We're not moving to China to use an audiophile cellphone...

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #1,458 of 3,525
  I just wonder why LG V10 got the praise so much as it has been discussed for nearly 100 pages. I have tried and I would say that I still found Chinese audiophile phone like meizu, xiaomi and Letv have got a lot more dedicated sound than this.  

I would like to ask whether any of you have tried those phones as well before making a discussion with even hi-end DAP and some desktop DAC?

i have tried using the meizu pro 5 for more than a week. sound signature is almost the same as the v10. it also suffer with the same problem of only a few music apps can utilize the dac. the high gain setting does nothing to improve the power output when using headphones with low impedance. i am not able to test if using high impedance phones would increase the output as i do not have the cans to test it with during the time i have the phones. the meizu uses a different amp as compared to the lg. was not able to use the balance output as i don't have the gear. so i still give the edge to the lg.

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #1,459 of 3,525

could you describe how the meizu and letv compares to the V10, I know the letv has no memeory card but how do they sound? they are both cheaper to get here in the UK than the V10

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #1,460 of 3,525
My point is that don't you think we exaggerate the SQ of this product. I see comments saying that it is much better than HM901 and comparable to DX100. 

By saying this, do you think it is logical enough? It is like comparing phone camera with full-frame camera.

Even I test a lot of smartphones, I never say something like this. 

Prior to comparing it with DAP or desktop DAC, better compare it with other phones first. 

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #1,461 of 3,525
Meizu 5 PRO, the sound has more clarity and musical detail is better, and especially singer voice much better. has very nice 3D presentation. And the most analog sound so far. Tonal is like Colorfly C4 (I'm not saying it better. It just has a little similar in tone)

Letv Max is the best in micro detail and power of OPAMP. Tonal voice is slightly warm. I would say it is meizu with superb micro detail and cleaner treble. or a tiny ibasso DX80 IMO

V10 has just good detail and instrument separation. (which other chinese phones all have in common already) But other thing like what musical sound should have, it lacks there...

To summarize, 

Meizu Letv and xiaomi is in the top tier
Vivo Sony LG is tier 2

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #1,462 of 3,525
  Meizu 5 PRO, the sound has more clarity and musical detail is better, and especially singer voice much better. has very nice 3D presentation. And the most analog sound so far. Tonal is like Colorfly C4 (I'm not saying it better. It just has a little similar in tone)

Letv Max is the best in micro detail and power of OPAMP. Tonal voice is slightly warm. I would say it is meizu with superb micro detail and cleaner treble. or a tiny ibasso DX80 IMO

V10 has just good detail and instrument separation. (which other chinese phones all have in common already) But other thing like what musical sound should have, it lacks there...

To summarize, 

Vivo Sony LG is tier 2

very interesting, thanks

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #1,463 of 3,525

To summarize, 

Vivo Sony LG is tier 2

so which has the warmest sound sig and most musical, can does the meizu 5 pro have an amp like lg

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #1,464 of 3,525
I have a vivo xshot, which when launched had a great camera and good hi-fi sound (Hi-Fi DAC chip CS4398, Headphone Amplifier chip MX97220 and an ADC chip TLV320).Compared to LG V10 ,I reckon the LG is much better in sound quality.My vivo is an international english rom version and until today it is still on android jelly bean.( no update whatsoever).While some chinese phones offer better value for money, things like warranty,repairs,software update and rom support is almost non existent outside of china.

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #1,465 of 3,525
I see that artpiggo is a big mobile phone sq enthusiast. This is cool! However, I couldn't see any other posts from art, and he kinda forgot to mention what headphones and iems he is using to test and compare these units... So I don't really know what to make out of his insights regarding the V10.

Additional info would be nice.

I know Chinese phones are really killing it in the mobile market, but one of the biggest problem is that it's not always easy to have access to testing them. I've heard the mx4pro, while it is quite powerful, it didn't impress me as much as the V10, in fact I rated it lower than HTC m9+... I was gonna get that phone if it weren't for the V10.

Oh, and I tested the meizu and HTC phones with jh13... And now I mostly use my shure846 with sensaphonics tips and my magnums.

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #1,466 of 3,525
Guys, please keep writing to LG as they still haven't fixed all the audio problems of the v10 that are holding it back from being a truely audiophiles phone. And the neko mod is a b!tch as whenever I search something on Google or post anything on fb, the hifi sound gets turned off:frowning2:

Dec 13, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #1,467 of 3,525

It is over hyped, some posts are borderline comical. The only merit I see for this phone to praise is the headphone amp that drives higher impedance hp's with some unheard muscle for a phone. Yes I own a V10!!!!
As for the Chinese brands you mention, they are largely not available in the US, and personally I won't buy from individual "importers". Those brands should have US site with real US carrier certifications to ensure 100% compatibility, or least as good as the Google Nexus phones in that regards. We need more choices here,tired to see all those Samsung phones.:cool:

Dec 13, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #1,468 of 3,525
We'll certainly the V10 can be considered as a being of = mid-tier DAP+Phone. I don't see why it is an over-hyped....especially there is nothing like it in the US market lol....I am sick of Samsung and Sony not doing anything about phone and audio quality....hell they keep buffing the screen resolution, what about music ...damn it

Dec 13, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #1,469 of 3,525
We'll certainly the V10 can be considered as a being of = mid-tier DAP+Phone. I don't see why it is an over-hyped....especially there is nothing like it in the US market lol....I am sick of Samsung and Sony not doing anything about phone and audio quality....hell they keep buffing the screen resolution, what about music ...damn it

well my freind please know that the note 5 sounds good, and i owned it before buying the v10, samsung is using the wolfson dac and its pretty enjoyable

sony is the worst u can ever buy for audio

iphone i am neutral about it

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #1,470 of 3,525
Well, for me the difference in sound quality stands out more in lower volume settings. My music is almost always on, so I do adjust the volume in a wide range in db. I notice the ess dac/amp's superior sq in the mobile phone category really stand out in lower volumes. Although I do enjoy listen to music in high volume with full-size cans I generally keep my listening volumes with iems low to protect my hearing... When the Hifi mode works in this setting, it still puts a smile on my face:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back