LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 24, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #1,096 of 3,525
I have 103GB of music on my phones SD card. No mess here.

Well dude, I'll use this with a 512GB SD card with a microSD to SD adapter.
I have tons of untagged WAV files ripped from my CD collection.
In this case, you will see all the songs in one "Unknown Artist" category despite of all correct folder names.

Don't you listen to compilation album at all? They're tagged as "Various Artists"..
If you have many of them, the entire collection will show up on one "Various Artists" category despite of their correct folder names...

It will all get messed up.. not to mention about having to spend extra amount of time for tagging more carefully.

These LG guys clearly don't have a big music collection. They know how to make a good sounding device but don't collect music like audiophiles....

Nov 24, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #1,097 of 3,525
It takes a some time and effort but it's worth tagging your music.  Then you can sort by album, artist, genre.

I suggest downloading this program.  It's amazing and tagging will go a lot faster than you could imagine once you get the hang of it.  You can tag as many files as you want at once.   

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Nov 24, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #1,098 of 3,525
It takes a some time and effort but it's worth tagging your music.  Then you can sort by album, artist, genre.

I suggest downloading this program.  It's amazing and tagging will go a lot faster than you could imagine once you get the hang of it.  You can tag as many files as you want at once.   

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

This is unnecessary if LG guys knew how to make a correct folder browser like the one we can find in UAPP, HibyMusic. Man, HibyMusic is a free app which has all that features. Why do we get something worse by paying more money?
I hope they update it soon. Please send complaint emails if you guys agree.

Nov 24, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #1,099 of 3,525
Everytime I put a cd in my laptop to rip, the software i use to rip auto tags everything. It hasnt been hard for me at all to keep my music organized.

Nov 24, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #1,102 of 3,525
Well dude, I'll use this with a 512GB SD card with a microSD to SD adapter.
I have tons of untagged WAV files ripped from my CD collection.
In this case, you will see all the songs in one "Unknown Artist" category despite of all correct folder names.

Don't you listen to compilation album at all? They're tagged as "Various Artists"..
If you have many of them, the entire collection will show up on one "Various Artists" category despite of their correct folder names...

It will all get messed up.. not to mention about having to spend extra amount of time for tagging more carefully.

These LG guys clearly don't have a big music collection. They know how to make a good sounding device but don't collect music like audiophiles....

You and I understand this but seems some others (LG included) just don't get it.

I guess we are dinosaurs to still have wav files. Until the rest try navigating through wavs WITHOUT proper folder support they will not understand.

Nov 24, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #1,103 of 3,525

You and I understand this but seems some others (LG included) just don't get it.

I guess we are dinosaurs to still have wav files. Until the rest try navigating through wavs WITHOUT proper folder support they will not understand.

This is where Depeche Mode's song "Wrong" makes sense...

Wrong theory for the wrong man... and wrong questions with the wrong replies....

WRONG..

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #1,104 of 3,525

blink.gif

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #1,106 of 3,525
My current music library consist of 137GB of music, I always meta tag my music via MediaMonkey. No issue with the stock app or any other music player. V10 is amazing!

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #1,107 of 3,525
Hey Folks, me again! Just wanted to give another update. The Oppo HA-2 connects effortlessly with this phone via micro-USB and it works quite well. SQ-wise, I don't hear much of a difference at all from driving headphones straight from the phone. The volume difference is of course much different. I bought a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990 250 ohm headphones and I listen at volume 55 or 60 and that's pretty loud. Can go much higher with the amp, but I'm not sure it's worth it. 

Anyway, loving the phone still. And with the amp for full-size headphones, it is a dream. Finally saw that "high impedance" message everyone was talking about, haha. 

-Collin-

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #1,108 of 3,525
Nothing less expected, as I already expected V10 to be a top contender for any mid-tier audiophile devices. So Beside the more raw power on the ha2, I already expected the V10 sound quality to be just as good :wink:. Thank you for the confirmation vs ha2

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #1,109 of 3,525

This is unnecessary if LG guys knew how to make a correct folder browser like the one we can find in UAPP, HibyMusic. Man, HibyMusic is a free app which has all that features. Why do we get something worse by paying more money?
I hope they update it soon. Please send complaint emails if you guys agree.

What e-mail address are you using? I've only done tech support live chat and phone calls and I haven't been able to get to someone who even understands what I'm talking about. I agree the hi-fi settings should work with all music apps. It does work with Gone Mad Music player which has a pretty good interface. (Although that app does cost a few bucks for the full version.)

How are you guys all intending to listen to music off an sd card with the stock app? Can you add folders because it only seems to acknowledge music in the default music folder on the internal device unless I'm missing something.

I think we will all need to be patient getting the features we want ironed out. LG is just getting into hi-fi for the first time as far as I know. To be blunt, the company as a whole doesn't really know what they are doing yet. They just want to get a leg up on other phone manufacturers so we really have to show a voice and tell them what we need/want.

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #1,110 of 3,525
Nothing less expected, as I already expected V10 to be a top contender for any mid-tier audiophile devices. So Beside the more raw power on the ha2, I already expected the V10 sound quality to be just as good
wink.gif
. Thank you for the confirmation vs ha2

I suppose it helps that the two have the exact same DAC as well. 

I also have a Cayin C5 here that I will try out later. Time to really cause some hearing damage 
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back