LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 25, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #1,111 of 3,525
  What e-mail address are you using? I've only done tech support live chat and phone calls and I haven't been able to get to someone who even understands what I'm talking about. I agree the hi-fi settings should work with all music apps. It does work with Gone Mad Music player which has a pretty good interface. (Although that app does cost a few bucks for the full version.)

How are you guys all intending to listen to music off an sd card with the stock app? Can you add folders because it only seems to acknowledge music in the default music folder on the internal device unless I'm missing something.

I think we will all need to be patient getting the features we want ironed out. LG is just getting into hi-fi for the first time as far as I know. To be blunt, the company as a whole doesn't really know what they are doing yet. They just want to get a leg up on other phone manufacturers so we really have to show a voice and tell them what we need/want.

I think the only way to really get LG's attention on this is with an online petition. Where to post it so LG can't miss it, how exactly to word it, and how to have audiophiles sign it is the question?

Nov 25, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #1,112 of 3,525
Exactly.. I sent messages about this folder browser issue to all LG facebook pages.
I hope they don't ignore my messages by saying "Thanks, we have forwarded your message to our tech department."

A 200GB microSD card is only $99 now. But its abundant storage is practically useless without a proper folder navigator that can read subfolders....

Please send messages and emails to LG to fix this issue... it's disappointing that they made a great device but forgot to implement a folder browser... It's like cooking the best pasta without having a plate to serve.

Nov 25, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #1,113 of 3,525
did any of v10 owners try how it works with your car audio when connected by aux as sometimes i use my phone as a player in my car 

Nov 25, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #1,115 of 3,525
Exactly.. I sent messages about this folder browser issue to all LG facebook pages.
I hope they don't ignore my messages by saying "Thanks, we have forwarded your message to our tech department."

A 200GB microSD card is only $99 now. But its abundant storage is practically useless without a proper folder navigator that can read subfolders....

Please send messages and emails to LG to fix this issue... it's disappointing that they made a great device but forgot to implement a folder browser... It's like cooking the best pasta without having a plate to serve.

I just sent LG a polite email asking for some software changes/updates. Hopefully others here will do the same; at least enough to get the point across and make LG feel its worth the additional effort. I will post their response if/when they get back to me.

Here's what I sent:

"First, thank you for releasing the V10 cell phone. It is THE best phone for music quality. However, unlike the rest of the phone, the built-in music player has very little visual customization. The folder search only displays all sub-folders alphabetically rather than by main folder (artist) and subfolders (album/CD1/CD2). Therefore, I am unable to search through and play untagged music files according to artist. Also, I would like the option to display a different color besides purple when using the music player and would also prefer an option of music controls on the second screen (without swiping) when the main display is off. Hopefully, your engineers and/or software designers can add these into the next software updates for the V10. Additionally, are there any plans to add a manual option for normal vs. high power output when HiFi is on and any plans to allow other music apps to use the higher quality built-in sound chip?"

Nov 25, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #1,116 of 3,525
did any of v10 owners try how it works with your car audio when connected by aux as sometimes i use my phone as a player in my car 

I use it in my car all the time. Sounds good there too.

Nov 25, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #1,119 of 3,525
I just sent LG a polite email asking for some software changes/updates. Hopefully others here will do the same; at least enough to get the point across and make LG feel its worth the additional effort. I will post their response if/when they get back to me.

Here's what I sent:

"First, thank you for releasing the V10 cell phone. It is THE best phone for music quality. However, unlike the rest of the phone, the built-in music player has very little visual customization. The folder search only displays all sub-folders alphabetically rather than by main folder (artist) and subfolders (album/CD1/CD2). Therefore, I am unable to search through and play untagged music files according to artist. Also, I would like the option to display a different color besides purple when using the music player and would also prefer an option of music controls on the second screen (without swiping) when the main display is off. Hopefully, your engineers and/or software designers can add these into the next software updates for the V10. Additionally, are there any plans to add a manual option for normal vs. high power output when HiFi is on and any plans to allow other music apps to use the higher quality built-in sound chip?"

I encourage all members to report this problem to LG. I hope they implement a folder browser in their next update.

They need to chage the following:

- a proper folder browser that behaves like a windows explorer and Mac finder. It should display all subfolders, not only the ones which have music files...
- DAC should be usable in all music apps including UAPP, HibyMusic
- stock music player's theme should be customizable. Offering many themes would be great.

Nov 25, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #1,120 of 3,525
Transferred all my music onto my 200GB freebie SD card. 101GB of music on it so far. 4,019 songs total, 2,500 of them are flac, the rest high birate mp3 or aac.

Having 235 GB of total storage space is sweet. 52GB internal (available to the user) + 183GB micro SD. It will take me a while to fill the other 82GB on the SD card.

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #1,121 of 3,525
For black friday Verizon is selling the V10 for $11.33 a month instead of $28 a month. Makes the phone cost about $275 instead of $675.

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #1,122 of 3,525
For black friday Verizon is selling the V10 for $11.33 a month instead of $28 a month. Makes the phone cost about $275 instead of $675.

Verizon usually charge per GB of usage...They charge $15 per 1GB of usage. For instance, if you have to download a game app or watch many high res videos, you will be billed a lot of money for that unless you have a wireless connection all the time.
Their unlimited plan is very expensive... like 100 bucks a month. AT&T, T-Mobile are in the same way. They charge per a gigabyte of usage and when you're unlucky with that, they will charge a lot of money. I had bad luck with AT&T about that..... I was billed $100 a month because I lost my wireless internet connection for weeks.

Sprint has the cheapest unlimited plan among ATnT, Verizon, T-Mobile. They charge $45-50 for unlimited...but they don't have V10 yet..

Cricket has the cheapest pre-paid mobile phones and unlimited plan but they don't have many good smartphones... 

Verizon deal is for in-store only. I just called them and checked it. You can't get V10 for $11.33 a month by phone call order or internet order. 
But you guys should remember that even with $11.33 a month, you will still be billed for $65 a month after the first month $55 fee. Also, you get only 1GB of data usage a month for that money... if you download one high resolution 3D game, you're pretty much done with data for that month unless you want to pay $15 per a gigabyte. 

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #1,123 of 3,525
I have unlimited data on Verizon it's $29.99 a month.  Went up for non-contract users to $49.99 a month recently but I'm in contract for another 2 years so I get to keep the $29.99 until then.

That's an amazing black friday deal though.

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #1,124 of 3,525
  I have unlimited data on Verizon it's $29.99 a month.  Went up for non-contract users to $49.99 a month recently but I'm in contract for another 2 years so I get to keep the $29.99 until then.

That's an amazing black friday deal though.

That's a good deal. How did you get that deal? 
On their website, it's like 49 plus the price of the phone.. you'll end up paying $78 a month which is quite a lot for just a phone. 
Can people get V10 for 11 a month with 2 year contract then?  that will be about $42 a month. Not bad at all....

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #1,125 of 3,525
  That's a good deal. How did you get that deal? 
On their website, it's like 49 plus the price of the phone.. you'll end up paying $78 a month which is quite a lot for just a phone. 
Can people get V10 for 11 a month with 2 year contract then?  that will be about $42 a month. Not bad at all....

I am still grandfathered in the old unlimited data plan that was 29.99 from way back.   You can't get it anymore and if you're not careful then you will lose it forever.  There are less than 1% of Verizon customers still on it.  You can't get a 29.99 or 49.99 unlimited plan anymore.

I got my contracted extended through Best Buy which allowed me to lock in the 29.99 unlimited rate for another 2 years.

The monthly plan is without a contract.  You're paying the $11 or $24 a month but it doesn't extend your contract or count as an upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back