LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 4, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #496 of 3,525
This is getting fun. Glad to see some XDA folks over here. Going to try the mixer_paths mod when I get mine today. Thanks!

-Collin-

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #497 of 3,525
I don't know about Meizu, I hope you know Sony MDR Z7 headphones ? It is like 70-80 ohms impedance or so....and I can not break 65 out of 75 volume limit....it kills my ears at 65 and 70 will bear pains....imagine 75....it would be deafness in 10 minutes.

I don't ever want to ruin my hearings, so I only turn up to the level that I can tolerate and my brain will tell me that it is already too loud

The V10 pumps out more power than ZX2 as a DAP.

maybe I'm going def but with both the Oppo player an Nutron I keep the volume max on edm dark eq an 65-60 for regular music

yea holy crap Lgs music app is crazy louder. let's try poweramp

this is annoying but neutron wrks. just need to play something in music first

holy crap this chip puts out some power

anyways it seems like the issue is the phone os. both power amp. oppo hf n neutron won't play out of the ess dac. but when music does. all 3 get louder. indicating to me that the apps working with the dac same as Lgs stock app.

so glad I got Neutron working. A shame the os is being a pita. Might just root the dmn thing... n try to tackle this with some of the mods you guys posted

Nov 4, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #498 of 3,525
Viper4Android working with ess dac!!
Post 22 I believe gives instructions

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v10/development/mod-roott-mobile-v10-volume-boost-t3241271/post63663549#post63663549

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #499 of 3,525
I'm getting neutron to work with the dac. eq with my hd25-1 II atm, thing sounds brutal with the eq out of the ess dac. Alot better than the snap dac

finally got the crossfade settings right lol

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #500 of 3,525
I'm getting neutron to work with the dac. eq with my hd25-1 II atm, thing sounds brutal with the eq out of the ess dac. Alot better than the snap dac

finally got the crossfade settings right lol

You got Neutron to work with the Sabre DAC? How did you do it?

From what I've been reading, of the apps that can work with the Sabre it can only work for 1 app at a time. If it's working for Tidal in the background then it needs to be closed before using Play Music, or at least that's what I'm understanding.

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #501 of 3,525
I just got Neutron working with my ibasso d-zero mk2 on my G4 not sure the V10 is going to sound as good considering all the problems people are having.
Anyone already have the D-Zero Mk2 that can share differences with the V10 sound?

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #502 of 3,525
I just got Neutron working with my ibasso d-zero mk2 on my G4 not sure the V10 is going to sound as good considering all the problems people are having.
Anyone already have the D-Zero Mk2 that can share differences with the V10 sound?

Firstly LOVE the default such a good anime! 

But to everyone else, are you all sure the ESS Sabre dac is still in the V10? Nowhere can I find anything else about this. From T-Mobiles website about the phone and even on LG's own website there's not a single mention at all about this and even though higher tier audio quality may not be important to the masses it's still a huge marketing plus and gives something for the masses to brag that they have, and audio enthusiasts to want. But nothing no mention ANYWHERE officially of the V10 possessing this.

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #504 of 3,525
Yes the V10 has an ESS Sabre 9018C2M digital to analog converter chip as well as an ESS 9602C headphone amplifier.

Can you attach an official source link please?

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #505 of 3,525
NO, I just got off the phone with LG with 2 different reps. (called twice to ensure) and NO the LG V10 DOES NOT contain the ESS ANYTHING.

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #507 of 3,525

Seriously? Did they explain anything about why it was taken out, and what they put in instead? Did they seem to know what they were talking about?

One I couldn't tell but the second one I called said multiple times she knows what I'm talking about and no the phone doesn't have the ESS Sabre. As to why noone said anything and/or didn't know. I'm awaiting a call back from ESS as well as the representative indicated by the website as the POC for the ESS Sabre and LG V10 collaboration.

Edit: While browsing ESS website they mention 2 phones obviously the V10 and the vivo X5 unlike the V10 the Vivo openly and blatantly advertises them utilizing the ESS Sabre amp and dac.

http://www.esstech.com/

LG page from ess
          http://www.esstech.com/files/2314/4372/5609/Clean_LG_Press_Release_0-01-2015.pdf

LG V10 product page 
                    http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/v10#capture-the-in-between-moments

Vivo X5 page from ess
          http://www.vivoglobal.com/product/x5max/

I'm still waiting on a call back to confirm about the LG.... 

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #509 of 3,525
o2smile.gif
popcorn.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #510 of 3,525
An add and an official product are two very different things. The original product was supposed to have it but either the contract fell through or something else happened

Users who are viewing this thread

Back