LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Jul 1, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #902 of 1,179

Maybe you want to check this review.

Yeah, I've seen that "review" ... It's a fail for me as a review, because for ME, going lossless and 24-bit makes all the difference and he did not bother.
I have same experience with V10, which has very well respected a.q. - playing lossless 24 bit material I am able to instantly hear more dynamic, richer and nicer music. Those mp3s just do not cut it for me.
Now having 2 audio out sockets on G5 with Hifi plus module, by switching back and forth between hifi and SoC audio out you can hear the immediately obvious difference in favor of B&O even with lossless CD quality material - much vider soundstage, better dynamics, separation etc. - the published test numbers only confirm this - much better stereo crosstalk with hifi DAC against SoC DAC.
Now with G5 prices well bellow 500€ it's only flaw is hybrid second SIM/microSD card slot for dual sim version.
And the Hifi DAC/AMP gets pretty warm so there's definitely some current flowing through those chips
smily_headphones1.gif

There are ways around the hybrid slot, either mod your sim/microsd or you can use a adapter to do this.

Jul 2, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #903 of 1,179
can someone confirm this?

Those who are searching for a really amazing sounding Smartphone for a reasonable price should consider the Mi Note/Mi Note pro. I`ve had that phone before (Mi Note pro) and compared it with a Meizu Pro 5. Well, i was too stupid to turn the HI-FI setting (On Meizu it`s turned on by default) and sold it because i thought the audio quality was average.
Now i`ve bought it again because there was an awesome offer on ebay, and what can i say? Turned on the HI-FI setting, and that Phone destroyed anything that i`ve ever heard before in terms of audio quality, which would be the Meizu Pro 5, a Fiio x1, a fiio x3 (1gen), Nubia z9 max (which sounds very average) an LG V10 and a couple of Iphones and Xperia devices, mainly Xperia z2 and z3 and Ip.5s and Ip.6.

What`s even more awesome, Viper4android and dolby atmos are working flawlessly WITH the Hi-fi mode. As i said, the device sounds gorgeous by itself in HI-FI mode and is the loudest thing i`ve ever heard in my life while not loosing clarity even at highest volume, so i use viper/Dolby only to give it a bass boost, which is a little lacking in Hi-fi mode. Using a software mod like viper for anything else just degrades the sound quality and is not needed with such good hardware.

I compared that ...
... so praise where praise belongs :).

Speaking about the V10 that gets praised so much by some people here, i`ll just give my personal impression about it (V10 fans, don`t be upset :)
Bought that phone to compare with the Meizu Pro 5, listened to it and sold it 4 days after. The Meizu Pro 5 was louder and sounded better overall. (And it`s faster, doesn`t heat up, etc etc.) For the rest like Xperia z and other phones without dedicated audio hardware:
They can have the best software setup, you can put as much viper and other mods on them as you want, but the result will always be inferior to devices with good audio Hardware. It will sound artificial and just not as good in comparison (unless you`re using cheap cans of course).

http://www.head-fi.org/t/662095/best-smartphone-for-audiophile/3330#post_12692513

Jul 2, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #905 of 1,179
That's a good point.  Because if you get the V10 in aux mode, or High Impedance mode, it's quite loud.  Heck, I was using my Westone W50's in Normal mode, without the amp, and they were plenty loud enough.  My Westone's are defective though, as they leak sound like crazy, and my wife could hear them from 30 feet away with a fan going in the room I was in, and my daughter could make out lyrics sitting beside me on the couch, in Normal mode, that's without the amp.  I had the volume at 60 out of 75, so you be the judge.

Jul 4, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #909 of 1,179
This extension piggy tails arrived today. I ordered a few. I recommend them, quality is great for price.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111423701850

They work great for triggering that middle gain, (line out) setting on the v10, gives a powerful dynamic bass using it.

I wish there was a way to trigger this mode without using the extension lead. It shows off the amplifiers full bodied power, I like it much better in this mode. Even at lower volumes the sound seems richer and more vibrant bass.
You probably could blow your sensitive IEM's/ (hearing) up in this mode pretty quickly with a volume spike, so caution must be taken in this mode.

Jul 4, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #910 of 1,179
This extension piggy tails arrived today. I ordered a few. I recommend them, quality is great for price.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111423701850

They work great for triggering that middle gain, (line out) setting on the v10, gives a powerful dynamic bass using it.

I wish there was a way to trigger this mode without using the extension lead. It shows off the amplifiers full bodied power, I like it much better in this mode. Even at lower volumes the sound seems richer and more vibrant bass.
You probably could blow your sensitive IEM's/ (hearing) up in this mode pretty quickly with a volume spike, so caution must be taken in this mode.
there is away unplug your headphones and call your voice mail number after the call connects then plug your headphones back in and this will trick the phone into high impedence mode if you dont see the high impedence details as in picture attached then try again, it does work

Enjoy

Jul 4, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #911 of 1,179
Yeah this method of calling the voice mail, only works for my phone every now and again for this phone.

The other problem is, this high gain mode makes my iem's/p7 hiss, and is suitable for full size headphones that need lots of power.
The mid power triggered with the extension lead for line out, is better in regards to noise for the P7.

Jul 4, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #912 of 1,179
Yeah this method of calling the voice mail, only works for my phone every now and again for this phone.

The other problem is, this high gain mode makes my iem's/p7 hiss, and is suitable for full size headphones that need lots of power.
The mid power triggered with the extension lead for line out, is better in regards to noise for the P7.
ok brother no problem atleast you have a solution, enjoy!

Jul 4, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #913 of 1,179
ok brother no problem atleast you have a solution, enjoy!

Thanks buddy,

Yeah very happy with the audio from the v10/Solar IEM's, this has been my best daily rig with a phone. No extensions or external mods needed.

Just sounds amazing with the 3rd party software and workaround app. Best all in one solution on the market, with a removable battery.

I hope you are enjoying your V10 DAP/phone as much as I am.:thumbsup:

Jul 4, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #914 of 1,179
Yeah absolutely love the v10 had the sony Xperia with mojo before but just not practical to carry around well not practical for me, can i ask what solar iems you have

Jul 4, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #915 of 1,179
I bought the powerbear battery and cover for the v10. Makes it a bit thicker on the back because of the bigger battery but this phone will last forever. granted, I'm using it as a dap alone. I don't have a SIM card in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back