LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Jun 16, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #886 of 1,179
It's just right for me as well, the usefulness of the this huge clear/sharp screen, cannot be overlooked. I use my phone for everything. I don't use a computer anymore (well sometimes), and the v10 pretty much does it all, in a very comfy way. With a glass screen protector and a qbliq case, this phone feels bullet proof as well.
You won't miss your computer either.
This is the one stop shop of a device.

I am loving it.

I won't update to marshmallow until root is available for it. But for now 5.1.1 is running well, some people have reported no going back once you update, so this is something to consider, before going ahead and pressing update.

Which model are you using?  I know at least the T-Mobile (H901) model has root for 6.0, but i know others like AT&T and Verizon are legging behind.

Jun 16, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #887 of 1,179
Which model are you using?  I know at least the T-Mobile (H901) model has root for 6.0, but i know others like AT&T and Verizon are legging behind.

I am using the h962 variant of the v10 from Taiwan. I thought the dual sim cards, would comes in handy some day.

I may have to find a H901 if root isn't found soon for version 6 of Android, on this variant. (And it may never happen)

Although I'm happy to wait a few months. All is working very well in 5.1.1:smiley: on this v10. Hasn't crashed once yet, Rock solid.

Jun 18, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #888 of 1,179
Method for streaming 24bit files to LG V10 Marshmellow Localy.

1. Store your 24bit files on a Linux or Windows based server same LAN as the LG V10.

2. Setup Http File Server (HFS) to Share and Link your 24bit files via Intranet Website.
http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/

3. Install ServeStream Player on LG V10 Marshmellow. 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sourceforge.servestream&hl=en
HIFI Mode should work by default when 3.5mm plugged in.

4. Create M3U Playlist with HFS links, i personaly use a webrowser drag drop to VLC player to make M3U.

5. Open M3U playlist with HFS Link in SeverStream.

6. Keep Wifi ON when Screen is Off in Advance wifi settings.

The instructions are very basic i'm assuming you can figure it out.
Please ask if you need help in certain areas.

Jun 18, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #891 of 1,179
I've been using the v10 for over a week now. This phone sounds really good. I bought it used to use as a dap alone, with no intention of putting a SIM card in it. I really like the big screen. Sound wise, it is comparable to my pioneer xdp100r dap but plays louder. I bought the powerbear battery/case. 2 days later and I'm still not half way through power. The v10 has more bass than the pioneer dap, the pioneer is tuned a little bright, that's why I use it with the pioneer xpa700 amp, the amp is warmer.

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #892 of 1,179
I've been using the v10 for over a week now. This phone sounds really good. I bought it used to use as a dap alone, with no intention of putting a SIM card in it. I really like the big screen. Sound wise, it is comparable to my pioneer xdp100r dap but plays louder. I bought the powerbear battery/case. 2 days later and I'm still not half way through power. The v10 has more bass than the pioneer dap, the pioneer is tuned a little bright, that's why I use it with the pioneer xpa700 amp, the amp is warmer.

Sounds very good. Mojo sounds better, cleaner, more realistic, better separation, but it's not night and day. I keep going back to V10 (no Mojo) for Deezer and I love what I hear. It's indeed very good.

Jun 24, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #894 of 1,179
Yes, V10 sounds excellent but I went for LG G5 + B&O HiFi DAC/Amp "friend": Dual SIM + dedicated MicroSD card slot + removable battery + Snapdragon 820. Based on the review below, they have (almost) equally excellent sound http://www.androidcentral.com/look-lg-g5s-bo-audio-module
I hope I'll get it soon, bought at eglobalcentral, they have mixed reviews.

Got LG G5 today.. ohhh noooo!!! ...NO dedicated MicroSD slot, just that screwin' hybrid SD/SIM :cool:
I don't get it why all of them do these silly hybrid slots :mad:
But the sound is marvelous with AKG 702. Man, this is audio nirvana for me. What should I do now ? I dunno. Maybe cheat that hybrid slot and forget it :D
The size and weight is perfect "for a phone"
Also they don't make black G5 phone (ordered black, got titanium grey) but the B&O hifi plus is black. Silly.
Btw. here in Germany there's 100€ discount on the G5 a.t.m.

Jun 25, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #897 of 1,179

Its a good pairig as they're dark and V10 is bright.

That's kind of why I got the W50s. I'm a bit of a bass head.  I have been using PowerAmp Alpha, and when you said the phone was bright, I never found that.  So, digging through menus, I think I found out why.  PowerAmp appears to be using the 24-bit SoC on the Snapdragon processor, not the ESS chip.  I don't know of any players in the app store that use the ESS chip, except the stock player.  So I gave it a shot.  You're right.  It's much brighter, but I don't mind it.  Gives vocals a clarity I had been missing.  I'm trying it with my Aurisonics Kickers right now, and it's pretty good, just the stock player.  Can't wait to get the W50s.
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 27, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #898 of 1,179
Yes, V10 sounds excellent but I went for LG G5 + B&O HiFi DAC/Amp "friend": Dual SIM + dedicated MicroSD card slot + removable battery + Snapdragon 820. Based on the review below, they have (almost) equally excellent sound http://www.androidcentral.com/look-lg-g5s-bo-audio-module
I hope I'll get it soon, bought at eglobalcentral, they have mixed reviews.

Maybe you want to check this review.

Jun 28, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #899 of 1,179
Maybe you want to check this review.

Yeah, I've seen that "review" ... It's a fail for me as a review, because for ME, going lossless and 24-bit makes all the difference and he did not bother.
I have same experience with V10, which has very well respected a.q. - playing lossless 24 bit material I am able to instantly hear more dynamic, richer and nicer music. Those mp3s just do not cut it for me.
Now having 2 audio out sockets on G5 with Hifi plus module, by switching back and forth between hifi and SoC audio out you can hear the immediately obvious difference in favor of B&O even with lossless CD quality material - much vider soundstage, better dynamics, separation etc. - the published test numbers only confirm this - much better stereo crosstalk with hifi DAC against SoC DAC.
Now with G5 prices well bellow 500€ it's only flaw is hybrid second SIM/microSD card slot for dual sim version.
And the Hifi DAC/AMP gets pretty warm so there's definitely some current flowing through those chips :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back