LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Aug 1, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #991 of 1,179
  The thing is that the fiio X3ii isn't bright at all, actually it is less bright than V10. It's just, I feel like it is more extended. I know that measured Data always says that everything has a perfect extension and a perfect frequency response but my ears don't feel the same. Even fiio's extension isn't perfect, For example when I connect Cayin C5 amp to X3ii (on V10 it has less effect since there is no line out) the extension gets even bigger and soundstage gets wider so the theory that every DAP extends more than my not-so-big hearing range seems suspicious for me.  Maybe my ears trick me and something different happens and makes me think that there are higher frequencies.  And I can say the opposite for bass extension. I think V10 can produce lower frequencies.

Fair enough, I certainly don't mean to dismiss your observations

Aug 1, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #992 of 1,179

I love V10 so I'm excited to see V20 but I doubt I will upgrade.  

You will 
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #994 of 1,179
Thats the problem. We don't need the V20 but we will probably buy it anyway...:smirk:

i was about to buy the note 7, but now i will wait and see what the v20 will offer

Aug 1, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #997 of 1,179
I still owe Verizon $448 on my V10 that was bought on launch day, so I will not be upgrading. I'm perfectly happy with my V10, and it still looks and functions like brand new. I'm hoping the V20 is a success though and has equal or maybe even better audio quality than the V10. I hope they stick with the onboard hifi audio on the V20 and whatever comes after it. Maybe I'll be ready to upgrade when the V30 comes out. I'm really hoping LG continues this trend and also sticks with replaceable batteries and expandable memory as well.

Aug 2, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #998 of 1,179
I still owe Verizon $448 on my V10 that was bought on launch day, so I will not be upgrading. I'm perfectly happy with my V10, and it still looks and functions like brand new. I'm hoping the V20 is a success though and has equal or maybe even better audio quality than the V10. I hope they stick with the onboard hifi audio on the V20 and whatever comes after it. Maybe I'll be ready to upgrade when the V30 comes out. I'm really hoping LG continues this trend and also sticks with replaceable batteries and expandable memory as well.

I surely won't upgrade because I hate the implementation of the amp and gain settings, I just bought a Note 5 and I feel a better SQ on streaming

Aug 2, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #999 of 1,179
2 things needs to get fixed:battery life and amp gain setting, it needs a manual setting somewhere if nothing else. The plugging in the cord first gets old fast.

Aug 2, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #1,000 of 1,179
It's so nice to open Alsa mixer and select what ever gain you want, when you want, I highly recommend the hassle of installing this app. It completes the usefulness of the v10's audio, if only UAPP would give a working 75 step internal volume control, that would make my day.

I couldn't stand using the piggy lead anymore,(and could never go back) and agree, I wouldn't update to V20 either, unless the amplifier gain could be selected manually, and the phone sounded heaps better than the V10.

Aug 2, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #1,001 of 1,179
Yeah that Alsa requires root. Nope not for me.

Aug 2, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #1,002 of 1,179
Yeah that Alsa requires root. Nope not for me.

Yeah, that's a real shame that we can not use our V10 amplifier the way we should be able to, and that's as good as it's going to get without a silly piggy lead extension cable.
I guess at the end of the day it's LG that has crippled their own technology, without a reasonable workaround.
I guess audio consumers are not a priority to LG. And with the v20 coming soon, I don't think much will be done to improve this problem.

Aug 2, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #1,003 of 1,179
Yeah, that's a real shame that we can not use our V10 amplifier the way we should be able to, and that's as good as it's going to get without a silly piggy lead extension cable.
I guess at the end of the day it's LG that has crippled their own technology, without a reasonable workaround.
I guess audio consumers are not a priority to LG. And with the v20 coming soon, I don't think much will be done to improve this problem.

I don't think that the word ''priority'' has any common sense here. LG has capped the amplifier because of the EU regulations for a safety listening. Sony and Apple did same

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #1,004 of 1,179
I don't think that the word ''priority'' has any common sense here. LG has capped the amplifier because of the EU regulations for a safety listening. Sony and Apple did same

My v10 has no CE or EU requirements, because it was sold from Taiwan, and I imported it, the IEM's supplied reach ear splitting volumes.
So it's clearly not volume capped.

With no volume cap, what's your "common sense" approach now?

Aug 3, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #1,005 of 1,179

Sony often release no VL's on their US models, so LG could have done the same thing. This phone was heavily marketed because of its audio prowess, so why cripple it? Makes no sense. Anyway it's a done deal, but one can only hope they will not make the same mistake. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back