LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Apr 15, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #737 of 1,179
  Have you tried a factory reset post MM upgrade.  It might help address the issues that you are seeing.  Beware>>>Be sure to backup import data on the internal SD card.  Also backup you external sd and be prepared to reformat your ext SD.  I did a factory reset with my Ext. SD installed and the contents became unusable due to some file system change. I ended up having to reformat and rebuild my music library.

Yes, I did that and didn't help. It's now working perfectly, but I have to avoid shutting down the device at all cost.

BTW, updated via LG Bridge here.

Apr 17, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #738 of 1,179
Hi. I want to ask about this phone.
1. I have oneplus2, but I'm incredibly disappointed with audio quality. It sounds just awful. I had to keep galaxy s3 lte with Wolfson DAC and boeffla sound kernel, because difference in audio quality is just too huge.
2. How you compare the sound from galaxy s3 (with boeffla sound!, not stock, it really really matters ) and v10? Is v10 sounds THAT warm and pleasant? I'm talking about headphones, not earl plugs. Is it THAT loud? My headphones has 32ohms.
3. Other than audio, is it possible to enable root on this phone?
4. I read something about aux power enabling? Via adapters or removable cable? Is it possible to do it without any tricks via root privileges? Custom kernel?
5. Camera - is there available a full manual mode with long exposure and raw? Is it possible to record 60fps video?

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #739 of 1,179
1. I have oneplus2, but I'm incredibly disappointed with audio quality. It sounds just awful. I had to keep galaxy s3 lte with Wolfson DAC and boeffla sound kernel, because difference in audio quality is just too huge.
2. How you compare the sound from galaxy s3 (with boeffla sound!, not stock, it really really matters ) and v10? Is v10 sounds THAT warm and pleasant? I'm talking about headphones, not earl plugs. Is it THAT loud? My headphones has 32ohms.
4. I read something about aux power enabling? Via adapters or removable cable? Is it possible to do it without any tricks via root privileges? Custom kernel?
5. Camera - is there available a full manual mode with long exposure and raw? Is it possible to record 60fps video?

Never used the Galaxy S3 and the Wolfson ones were never released here. But the V10 sounds as good as many DAPs. If you like the sound from other players with ESS 9018 chips then you will probably like the V10. If not, you may want to stay with the Wolfson.

I use 50 ohm Fostex T50rp mk3s with my V10. They need power but I never exceed 3/4 volume; too loud.

Some V10s can be rooted (check xda forums for which models) and after rooting this may work for enabling more power:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v10/themes-apps/dac-fix-hi-fi-dac-everywhere-t3274457/post65568596#post65568596

Yes, the camera has full manual controls, raw, and 60 fps.

Apr 19, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #746 of 1,179

Boeffla sound is more 'fun', particularly with earbuds and low impedance ear/headphones and also if you toggle the presets (pleasant for ears, googy, etc). V10 on the other hand sounded more natural and has a wider soundstage, better imaging and has alot more oomph to power the higher impedance headphones which is not quite possible with the S3. I think its ideal to keep both because they sound different but they are both excellent in their own way. The only thing I miss on my V10 is Viper4Android; there is no root on Marshmallow for V10 at the moment and hence the low end bass alone from S3+V4A takes the cake.  

Apr 19, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #747 of 1,179
This is what I do to make the freeze disappear:
Backup my vital data then make a factory reset. Voila!, not more freezing, I can tell that MM conflict with the great DAC fix tool.
However a new problem occur. I use both poweramp and Neutron.
But when I connect the headphone, both app open and play where they was left.
I already set the smart setting to open poweramp when headphone connected. Weird :frowning2:

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #749 of 1,179
X7 actually use the desktop version 9018S, and that is a very powerful DAC processor. It is also very power hungry. It has the mind boggling signal to noise ratio of 138 Db, which is now beat by the newest 9038 pro line (140 Db)....but this newer one consumes 2-3 times the power lol....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back