LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Apr 14, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #721 of 1,179
I think the love for our V10 may cloud some judgements!

I think the SQ is the same but it's great that LG fixed the DAC to be used by any app without workarounds.

The sound is so clean and rich that it's not difficult to fall in love when paired with good headphones.

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #722 of 1,179

I think the SQ is the same but it's great that LG fixed the DAC to be used by any app without workarounds.

The sound is so clean and rich that it's not difficult to fall in love when paired with good headphones.

Yeah, this was one of it biggest weakness. Now, it is fixed - perfect mid tier dap killer, which is also a smartphone.....dang!

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #723 of 1,179

Impressions are always subjective (should have added that to my last post).

Can't be certain of how much the sound improved since the update took over an hour but I played the same tracks and used the same headphones I'd been using two nights before. Don't recall the pairing ever sounding that good. Just when I think the V10 can't sound any better........

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #728 of 1,179
Anyone else having freezing when connecting the headphones with marshmallow? When I connect them, the phone freezes. If connected when the phone is shut down, it does not even start up. Have to take the battery off and start again. Sometimes it works. Have to repeat this process over and over till it decides to work. This is being very annoying. Hope I'm not alone.

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #729 of 1,179
Beroe 2 days I was keep asking every one that audio volume stuck at 75% but after MM (6.0) update now i can listen till 60 to 65 % bcoz it  really get Loud and clear thanks god Bass became cleaner and more like audiophile ..Love the audio and manual Video seating . do you know that we can monitor audio while recording video but you can actually monitor using your headphone . you can actually listen what is actually recording while video shooting . you can also use Bluetooth. using headphone or Bluetooth it is still recording from that 3 mics. it doesnt affect or change the audio mode. also if you connect a Bluetooth u can still connect via 3.5 jack and use both on same time. is anyone aware about that ??   that you listen from Bluetooth and 3.5 jack on same time ?

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #730 of 1,179
Anyone else having freezing when connecting the headphones with marshmallow? When I connect them, the phone freezes. If connected when the phone is shut down, it does not even start up. Have to take the battery off and start again. Sometimes it works. Have to repeat this process over and over till it decides to work. This is being very annoying. Hope I'm not alone.

I haven't had any freezes, but sometimes the hifi dac has these pops or clicks every couple seconds and I have to turn it on and off a few times to make it stop. Never happened before the update...

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #731 of 1,179

I haven't had any freezes, but sometimes the hifi dac has these pops or clicks every couple seconds and I have to turn it on and off a few times to make it stop. Never happened before the update...

I haven't experienced either issue. But I'm guessing MM could have an issue with global audio on a phone like the V10 with 2 dac chips.

The same reason Dac Fix is no longer needed could be causing sound problems each time the ESS dac automatically turns on/off.

Which model V10s you guys have? How did you do the MM update? And are you still rooted?

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #732 of 1,179
I have had it freeze a couple of times after plugging in my headphones.  What makes it even more annoying is that the case that I bought is almost impossible to remove, so I have to spend a few minutes trying to pry that off before I can get to the battery.

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #733 of 1,179
Sorry for the double post.

Quote:

I have had it freeze a couple of times after plugging in my headphones.  What makes it even more annoying is that the case that I bought is almost impossible to remove, so I have to spend a few minutes trying to pry that off before I can get to the battery.

I haven't experienced either issue. But I'm guessing MM could have an issue with global audio on a phone like the V10 with 2 dac chips.

The same reason Dac Fix is no longer needed could be causing sound problems each time the ESS dac automatically turns on/off.

Which model V10s you guys have? How did you do the MM update? And are you still rooted?

I haven't checked the model, but I'm assuming I have the newest since I bought it about 2 weeks ago and came pre-installed with MM.

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #735 of 1,179

Have you tried a factory reset post MM upgrade.  It might help address the issues that you are seeing.  Beware>>>Be sure to backup import data on the internal SD card.  Also backup you external sd and be prepared to reformat your ext SD.  I did a factory reset with my Ext. SD installed and the contents became unusable due to some file system change. I ended up having to reformat and rebuild my music library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back