LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Apr 13, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #706 of 1,179
I'm sure people got the word, last night I updated my V10 to Marshmallow now Sabre DAC works for ALL apps without help of DAC Fix.
biggrin.gif

Sq sounds a little more polished, and the fingerprint scanner has improved a-lot.

I can confirm the sound improvement. Oh boy...! 
cool.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #707 of 1,179
I bought mine about a week ago, and I am liking it so far.  My V10 came preloaded with Marshmellow, so the DAC was activated from the beginning.  I don't think that I have ever used a DAP that was this well balanced.  Nothing is overpowering with nothing intruding into anything else.  I have been turned on to Sabre DACs ever since buying my Audio GD NFB-1.  My main genre of music is classical, and having the bass drawn back a bit really helps me pull out the details.  Listening to Rite of Spring is a new experience in my portable set up as I can really hear all of the nuances that Stravinsky lined his music with.  My IEM of choice is the Hifiman RE600, which itself is fairly balanced with a thicker overall body.  The two seem to have great synergy as I can find myself lost in the music.  More than I could with my Fiio X3.  I still think that Poweramp is a clunky music player, but it is capable of playing all of my music formats.

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #708 of 1,179
I bought mine about a week ago, and I am liking it so far.  My V10 came preloaded with Marshmellow, so the DAC was activated from the beginning.  I don't think that I have ever used a DAP that was this well balanced.  Nothing is overpowering with nothing intruding into anything else.  I have been turned on to Sabre DACs ever since buying my Audio GD NFB-1.  My main genre of music is classical, and having the bass drawn back a bit really helps me pull out the details.  Listening to Rite of Spring is a new experience in my portable set up as I can really hear all of the nuances that Stravinsky lined his music with.  My IEM of choice is the Hifiman RE600, which itself is fairly balanced with a thicker overall body.  The two seem to have great synergy as I can find myself lost in the music.  More than I could with my Fiio X3.  I still think that Poweramp is a clunky music player, but it is capable of playing all of my music formats.

It's good you got it with Marshmallow, the DAC works as 'advertised' now. :p

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #710 of 1,179
IKR it's just awesome... This and sennheiser HD25-II, one happy customer.

I'm a bit shocked, because I 've got the Cowon Plenue 1 for quite some time (and still have) and thought that I would never find anything similar below 1000€. There's just one thing that Plenue 1 does better. Timbre. Certain instruments sound more realistic, but that's just it, V10 trumps it in other areas. Now, Plenue 1 is less fatiguing, which seems to be a characteristic of Burr Brown DACs. If Plenue 1 had Android I would probably go for it (after much thinking), but the ability to stream music, for me, personally, is a decision factor and Plenue 1 will be returned tomorrow (almost 30 days here).

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #711 of 1,179
You know guys i was asking every one about is Marshmallow got 100% volume and GUESS WHAT ?? i got Marshmallow on my V10 H962 dual sim Taiwan model. this is BIGGEST surprise for me . :)

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #712 of 1,179
Just updated to Marshmallow. Had to use the LG Bridge software since the update wasn't showing for OTA yet.

Only listened to a few of tracks but can't say I hear a big improvement. Hard to know for sure since the update took over an hour. I had been using Dac Fix and a thoroughly tweaked Poweramp Alpha before the update, so I was already pushing the hardware a bit.

Improved battery life is one of the claims for MM. We'll see how that fares with the V10 but could be just as important.

EDIT: I can also confirm (as others said) that the Dac Fix app is no longer needed. Just to be sure I turned it on/off several times during playback and it no longer made any difference so I uninstalled it. One less step to do each time before hitting the play button.

Auto-sensing for headphone impedance is the same though.

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #713 of 1,179
I have updated my v10 to Marshmallow as well.  I found that a factory reset was needed to realize better batter life.  Beware though that the reset also rendered my Ext SD card unusable and required an SD card reformat.  v10 + PM-3 FTW!

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #714 of 1,179
  I have updated my v10 to Marshmallow as well.  I found that a factory reset was needed to realize better batter life.  Beware though that the reset also rendered my Ext SD card unusable and required an SD card reformat.  v10 + PM-3 FTW!

Ouch! I spent a lot of time these past few months setting up my V10 and micro sd. Backed up everything before updating but glad I didn't have to redo it all.

I'll monitor the battery life though and see how it does now.

Btw, was your V10 rooted before the update?

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #716 of 1,179

Ouch! I spent a lot of time these past few months setting up my V10 and micro sd. Backed up everything before updating but glad I didn't have to redo it all.

I'll monitor the battery life though and see how it does now.

Btw, was your V10 rooted before the update?

Yes rooted...I installed the Marshmallow .kdz using LGUP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back