LG G7 ThinQ for TinAudio T2 earphones - does it make sense?

Will the G7 ThinQ's Quad DAC make any difference paired with TinAudio T2?

• Yes, it will sound a little better

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No, it will sound same as any other modern smartphone

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
May 10, 2019 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

FryderykChopin

New Head-Fier
Ok first of all I know an absolute screwall about the whole audio equipment thing so sorry if I'll sound ignorant.

Anyway. I'm kinda inclined on buying the phone LG G7 Thinq. I like to listen to music a lot and I've heard some hype about its 'Quad DAC' or whatever, saying it sounds better than regular phones. My question is - will this make any difference whatsoever when paired with these puppies (TinAudio T2)? Or would I need to have some fancy 500$ headphones to actually make use of the G7's fancy audio technology, while it makes zero difference for low/mid earphones like TinAudio T2? Thanks in advance for answers.

May 26, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #9 of 10
I have the G7 and frankly I doubt you could ever hear any audible difference because of the DAC. I also own the G6 and think it sounds just as good, personally. I would get the phone if the other features work for you, it is a very nice phone (if you ignore the constant new phone syndrome). Cheers.

Jun 10, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #10 of 10
I have the G7 and frankly I doubt you could ever hear any audible difference because of the DAC. I also own the G6 and think it sounds just as good, personally. I would get the phone if the other features work for you, it is a very nice phone (if you ignore the constant new phone syndrome). Cheers.

Thanks. I'll probably settle down for LG Q7 then, I don't need the extra power/camera performance, also it's a bit more compact and (why are all new phones so big?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back