1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LG G7 ThinQ for TinAudio T2 earphones - does it make sense?

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FryderykChopin, May 10, 2019.
?

Will the G7 ThinQ's Quad DAC make any difference paired with TinAudio T2?

1. Yes, it will sound a little better

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, it will sound same as any other modern smartphone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FryderykChopin
    Ok first of all I know an absolute f***all about the whole audio equipment thing so sorry if I'll sound ignorant.

Anyway. I'm kinda inclined on buying the phone LG G7 Thinq. I like to listen to music a lot and I've heard some hype about its 'Quad DAC' or whatever, saying it sounds better than regular phones. My question is - will this make any difference whatsoever when paired with these puppies (TinAudio T2)? Or would I need to have some fancy 500$ headphones to actually make use of the G7's fancy audio technology, while it makes zero difference for low/mid earphones like TinAudio T2? Thanks in advance for answers.

2. FryderykChopin
    /bump

3. FryderykChopin
    /bump

4. FryderykChopin
    /bump

5. FryderykChopin
    /bump

6. FryderykChopin
    /bump

7. FryderykChopin
    /bump

8. FryderykChopin
    /bump

9. Sonic Defender Contributor
    I have the G7 and frankly I doubt you could ever hear any audible difference because of the DAC. I also own the G6 and think it sounds just as good, personally. I would get the phone if the other features work for you, it is a very nice phone (if you ignore the constant new phone syndrome). Cheers.

10. FryderykChopin
    Thanks. I'll probably settle down for LG Q7 then, I don't need the extra power/camera performance, also it's a bit more compact and (why are all new phones so big?)