LG G7 ThinQ DTS-X
Oct 8, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #108 of 292
Véleményem szerint nagy különbség lesz a két eszköz között ...
[QUOTE = "Asspirin, post: 14527287, tag: 134742"] Ahhoz, hogy egy vadállat, mint a HD800, érdemes megkapni egy megfelelő fejhallgatóerősítőt a másik DAP helyett.
véleményem szerint nagy különbség lesz a két eszköz között.

Oct 9, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #110 of 292
anyone have a hd600 with Lg v30 or g7? is it sound good even without external amp?
There are some folks on the v30 thread that confirm that. I am using the HD 598 with my lg g7 without amp and it sound really good.

Oct 9, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #111 of 292
anyone have a hd600 with Lg v30 or g7? is it sound good even without external amp?
Hello good day
I have a HD650 and at the same level of sound it sounds to me just like my desk amplifier(matrix mstage) it is worth mentioning that I listen audio to medium levels.

The only thing with hd6xx sounds diferent to me, is with an amp and valves.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #113 of 292
[QUOTE = "ss2625, hozzászólás: 14543701, tag: 291079"] Tud valaki kommentálni a g7 vs a dap, mint ak70 mk2 [/ QUOTE]

astell & kern: high end! more realistic sound and mastery of dynamics. I have an Ak Jr device. much better than lg g7.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #114 of 292
So I just switched carriers, and I left my V30 for the new V40. I'm left feeling uninspired. The V40 was hand tuned by Meridian Audio, and imo they muffed it up. In comparison to the V30, it has less bass impact, the mids are a bit recessed, and the treble is more rolled off. The two phones including the G7 share the same dac and amp chips, but somehow the V40 has less power / drive and energy. Using Neutron music player with my 58X, I have to go to full volume to achieve what I did at 87 on my V30.
I believe the V30 was tuned by Beoplay? Did LG partner with someone to tune the G7? Does it sound exactly the same as the V30? I'm thinking about exchanging the V40 for the G7.
Thing is, the V40 is such a beautiful phone. I don't know if I want to go back to lcd. The only other thing I would be losing is the 3 lens camera, but I'd also be saving 350 bucks. And to top that all off, I just got The bit opus #1s, and it tops both phones sonically. What to do, what to do

Oct 21, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #115 of 292
So I just switched carriers, and I left my V30 for the new V40. I'm left feeling uninspired. The V40 was hand tuned by Meridian Audio, and imo they muffed it up. In comparison to the V30, it has less bass impact, the mids are a bit recessed, and the treble is more rolled off. The two phones including the G7 share the same dac and amp chips, but somehow the V40 has less power / drive and energy. Using Neutron music player with my 58X, I have to go to full volume to achieve what I did at 87 on my V30.
I believe the V30 was tuned by Beoplay? Did LG partner with someone to tune the G7? Does it sound exactly the same as the V30? I'm thinking about exchanging the V40 for the G7.
Thing is, the V40 is such a beautiful phone. I don't know if I want to go back to lcd. The only other thing I would be losing is the 3 lens camera, but I'd also be saving 350 bucks. And to top that all off, I just got The bit opus #1s, and it tops both phones sonically. What to do, what to do

Check to see if the impedance setting is available, and the QUAD DAC. Some carriers disable it, and that will be a downgrade. Did your previous V30 have B&o tuning? They seem to like a bit of a bass boost with a corresponding treble boost in their later products, now the experts in Denmark have been overruled. It may just take a bit of time to get used to it.

Also LG phones seem to sound better if the file is marked "hi-fi" in the built in music player. This doesnt light up on 16bit 44.1kHz stuff, so it goes through an indifferent ASRC. Try converting some tracks to 24 bit (without dither so it is no bigger file) and see if that helps.

Oct 21, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #116 of 292
Check to see if the impedance setting is available, and the QUAD DAC. Some carriers disable it, and that will be a downgrade. Did your previous V30 have B&o tuning? They seem to like a bit of a bass boost with a corresponding treble boost in their later products, now the experts in Denmark have been overruled. It may just take a bit of time to get used to it.

Also LG phones seem to sound better if the file is marked "hi-fi" in the built in music player. This doesnt light up on 16bit 44.1kHz stuff, so it goes through an indifferent ASRC. Try converting some tracks to 24 bit (without dither so it is no bigger file) and see if that helps.
I use the HiFi status app from Google play. All my files are either 24 bit flac, or 32 bit WAV. It's definitely a different tuning than the V30. I also rarely use the stock lg music player. I use Neutron which sounds much better.

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #117 of 292
I read the google app converts lossless to a compressed format. Not sure if it's true and I don't use it, so I'm not going to do the research, but you should check.

Neutron should sound better than the stock app if hi-fi is not lit. They should sound the same if it is.

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #118 of 292
I read the google app converts lossless to a compressed format. Not sure if it's true and I don't use it, so I'm not going to do the research, but you should check.

Neutron should sound better than the stock app if hi-fi is not lit. They should sound the same if it is.
What Google app? HiFi status just displays which mode the phone is in - nothing else. Why LG doesn't show normal, auxiliary or high impedance is beyond me.

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #119 of 292
I know this isn't really audio-related...but I'm getting used to the 'notch.' I don't hate it like I initially did. But from a design perspective, I think Apple got really lazy with their iPhone X and now the Xs, etc. The notch is aesthetically, not pleasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back