LG G6 Sound Quality
Jul 5, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #227 of 453
Thank you very much for your reply.
So using an adapter like this improves the sound quality of the quad dac? How or why exactly does this work? I'm confused because the other picture was just of a single male to female adapter, but you linked a splitter....

I think he send the wrong link. The one to activate ext mode is something like http://www.emtcompany.com/3-5mm-male-to-3-5mm-female-adapterr/1002745.html which I think you can buy from any electronics local store in your city.

When you attach this to LG, LG will detect as ∞ resistance, so the sound setting will automatically change to ext mode thus make a lot more power output to your iem/headphone.

Jul 5, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #228 of 453
Thanks. I'll look into that.
I actually got it into "High impedence headphone mode" with my 32 Ohm V-moda m-100's by accident, when i was messing around just now. It doesn't say the "infinite" resistance icon but does say "high impedence mode". I got it into that by using the boom mic cable and plugging in the headphones with the volume set to low on the headphone cable itself. Pretty nice trick. There was a big noticeable change in quality and volume and depth by doing this, even at the exact same volume setting shown in the G6 and after readjusting the boomic cable to to full volume and comparing it to normal impedence mode.

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #229 of 453
I think he send the wrong link. The one to activate ext mode is something like http://www.emtcompany.com/3-5mm-male-to-3-5mm-female-adapterr/1002745.html which I think you can buy from any electronics local store in your city.

When you attach this to LG, LG will detect as ∞ resistance, so the sound setting will automatically change to ext mode thus make a lot more power output to your iem/headphone.
This also works, is that not only found the plug haha and the good thing is that it can test 2 headphones simultaneously. I use this today but I just ordered the plug

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #230 of 453
Thanks. I'll look into that.
I actually got it into "High impedence headphone mode" with my 32 Ohm V-moda m-100's by accident, when i was messing around just now. It doesn't say the "infinite" resistance icon but does say "high impedence mode". I got it into that by using the boom mic cable and plugging in the headphones with the volume set to low on the headphone cable itself. Pretty nice trick. There was a big noticeable change in quality and volume and depth by doing this, even at the exact same volume setting shown in the G6 and after readjusting the boomic cable to to full volume and comparing it to normal impedence mode.
Now I bought this one, waiting to arrive.

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Vent...ea077a80b282eed03-1499265545398-01921-2v37IQv

Jul 7, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #232 of 453
Hey, I just registered Here because I'd like to know what sou guys Think about the European Version of the G6. How does the Sound Compare to the S8 or AXXON 7 for example? I Really would like the DAC version, but its insanely expensive to import. And i got a real good Deal with a contract for the EU version.

So how does it compare without the DAC to other Smarphones? I'm using Soundmagic EC10 Only. What are your thoughts?

Jul 7, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #233 of 453
Ok so I don't even need an adapter. Now that I know what "ext" mode is (an external device is connected). I can get it into that easily, by either unplugging my V-moda cable from the headphones, or just plugging in an old iphone Y adapter (something I had sitting around for ages).
(or turning down the volume on the v-moda boom mic to 0). Works extremely well.

Jul 11, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #235 of 453
It is a simple adapter, I do not know for sure what it does, it seems that it plays with maximum amplification or close to that, conventional 9-16 ohms headphones get horrible sound, when you turn on the quad dac the sound dies, because the amplifier I believe That is not triggered at this impedance. It's worth the test, I was impressed, very impressed. It gains in everything, dynamics, extension, volume, attack ...

Have you got any model number or details of that adaptor ? There are so many in market and some are there with like headphone splitter , some male to female 3.5mm adaptor and some are impedance adaptor

Jul 11, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #236 of 453
It is a simple adapter, I do not know for sure what it does, it seems that it plays with maximum amplification or close to that, conventional 9-16 ohms headphones get horrible sound, when you turn on the quad dac the sound dies, because the amplifier I believe That is not triggered at this impedance. It's worth the test, I was impressed, very impressed. It gains in everything, dynamics, extension, volume, attack ...

Also did you check what type version of dac is it triggered ?
There are 3 I saw.
1.Normal mode
2.External source
3.High impedance mode

Jul 11, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #238 of 453
For those wanting best sound install blackplayer, go into settings select equalizer and set the amp on to about 365mDB

Enjoy the sound. The default music player is garbage.

You need to use the amplifier but only certain apps can access it.

:)

I tried the same black player. Found increase in sound. But is it actually using the dac capabilities or just a software tweak increase ?

Jul 13, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #240 of 453
You need to use a variety of earphones and see which you like.

The ess sabre quad dac is a good dac but has unique sound signature. Some may like some may find it too digital.
YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back