LG G6 Sound Quality
Jul 16, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #261 of 453
I found between the HTC 10 and the V20 I preferred the V20 as it had less bass. The HTC 10 had more bass on everything. The G6 does not have that much drop in bass from the V20 but just enough that the highs/mids no longer seem subdued. For portable use I have Roxannes and can tune the bass via pots so no complaints on less bass in G6, it sounds better to me, more balanced than the V20 which seemed more bottom heavy.

Hey,I completely agree with you with your all posts in G6 topic.And I also personally keep 2 phones.One all rounder and one for audio!.G6 I like its audio! Quite balanced audio it got if we take all frequency distributions.Nice to know about your posts.

Jul 16, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #262 of 453
Can you tell me a good in-ear headphones to buy? Cause i think the ones on the korean model are bad? I dont have the phone, but i will soon.

Can you get high quality sound with in-ear or you need over-ear headphones?

I dont wanna spend a lot of money to headphones. Give me some options..

Jul 16, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #263 of 453
Heyy Lazostat, how are you doing..

First of all " high quality sound" = a very very huge thing.

Well, do you want audiophile grade suiltable audio?
Or, just many people even like bit bass added things also.Many like mids high with treble.Many like bit suppressed range!! ....etc etc etc...But in exact technical language things will be bit different sounding.

And quality also depends on the source with which you are using your headphones.So the source is among the most important things along with your headphones. How much or what's the way it drives your headphone that matters.Some like higher Sound pressure in headphones.I like personally!

Well so what I am trying to say if you say bit more like what you want or with which source you want to use them(not much ,but if possible little more:)) then anyone here will be able to help you much better!

And lastly I will tell you one thing, best is that whatever pleasing your ear.That's it.Not technical Detalis and all etc...So why dont you try few headphones by yourself in showrooms. I mostly do like that!!!

If you want to use G6, and want in-budget headphones then why dont you try sennheiser CX 3.0? Or older model CX 300 II ! Its in-ear actually!!..I used both but with sony XB 70 AP earbuds.I found more suitable in my ear with those earbuds.They sound Good!!!

Enjoy audio:)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #264 of 453
First post here on Head-Fi.

Got to say thanks for the contributors here who helped me decide on the G6. Its a wonderful phone, besides the DAC of course. :)

As with regards to some questions here, I got the Asian version with the Quad DAC. And yes, sound output is quite decent with its default supplied in-ears but nothing to crow about until you get that amp pumping.

I've tested the 3.5mm splitter hack, and yes, it gets into the "external device" mode. And yes, even with the default supplied in-ears that come with the phone, the difference in output is VERY telling. I'm still waiting for my 32 Ohm IEMS to arrive so I can't compare that with the "High Impedance device" mode to see if they are different yet.

As a reference, I was playing 24-bit Enya and a few early 70's recording classical violin concertos transcribed to FLAC. .

So for those that have low impedance earphones or cans, you can get it into the external device mode with simply a 3.5mm splitter. And for a simple, non-intrusive hack, the sound output results may be more than worth a little try.

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #265 of 453
Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #266 of 453
Heyy Lazostat, how are you doing..

First of all " high quality sound" = a very very huge thing.

Well, do you want audiophile grade suiltable audio?
Or, just many people even like bit bass added things also.Many like mids high with treble.Many like bit suppressed range!! ....etc etc etc...But in exact technical language things will be bit different sounding.

And quality also depends on the source with which you are using your headphones.So the source is among the most important things along with your headphones. How much or what's the way it drives your headphone that matters.Some like higher Sound pressure in headphones.I like personally!

Well so what I am trying to say if you say bit more like what you want or with which source you want to use them(not much ,but if possible little more:)) then anyone here will be able to help you much better!

And lastly I will tell you one thing, best is that whatever pleasing your ear.That's it.Not technical Detalis and all etc...So why dont you try few headphones by yourself in showrooms. I mostly do like that!!!

If you want to use G6, and want in-budget headphones then why dont you try sennheiser CX 3.0? Or older model CX 300 II ! Its in-ear actually!!..I used both but with sony XB 70 AP earbuds.I found more suitable in my ear with those earbuds.They sound Good!!!

Sennheiser CX 3.0 have 18Ohm impedance and they tell me i need 50ohm+ in order to experience the quad dac. The xiaomi pistons hybrid pro also have 32Ohm, far away from the 50Ohm.. And i dont have the budget to buy expensive earphones.. So maybe i buy the normal version of G6 and not the quad dac? But the price is the same.. Dont know.

I am not an audiophile pro, i dont know how a good music is sounding. I just like listening to music while i running and exercising and i want to have the best experience. Sure with the g6 i will have better experience than i have with my oppo 7a.

Also i dont have FLAC or 24bit audio, just 128-256kbs mp3 songs and some converted via youtube..

Maybe just an high ohm adapter can do the work?

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #267 of 453
Sennheiser CX 3.0 have 18Ohm impedance and they tell me i need 50ohm+ in order to experience the quad dac. The xiaomi pistons hybrid pro also have 32Ohm, far away from the 50Ohm.. And i dont have the budget to buy expensive earphones.. So maybe i buy the normal version of G6 and not the quad dac? But the price is the same.. Dont know.

I am not an audiophile pro, i dont know how a good music is sounding. I just like listening to music while i running and exercising and i want to have the best experience. Sure with the g6 i will have better experience than i have with my oppo 7a.

Also i dont have FLAC or 24bit audio, just 128-256kbs mp3 songs and some converted via youtube..

Maybe just an high ohm adapter can do the work?

I have a very simple solution for turning on quad dac in your G6..See very very easy and budget friendly.

Actually as you told that you are concerned with budget so I told those headphones and sony xb 50 ap also is good option in around same budget.
And G6 has great sound quality and it optimises for normal headphones too.You will enjoy!! As Quad DAC gets partially used depending on headphones.It will show:" Normal audio Device Connected." , once you toggle on the quad DAC button.

But still, if you want to get quad dac completely on without spending and in cheapest way ...:

Get a jack adapter 3.5 mm male to female..or aux cable...First put that in G6 3.5 port and then in its another end connect to your headphone. What I am trying to say u can search in amazon as : " 3.5 male to female"..You will get the idea what i am saying.

**Maintain this order !!!! : first connect that adapter to phone without connecting headphone in it.Then connect your headphone to its another end***

Once you do, G6 will show" External Audio device connected "..And You can enjoy in that mode full four dacs!!!:) Volume will be high so start from low!

And yes high impedance adapter will definitely work.

And no worries if you have mp3..Just use it in G6..sounds great!

Anyway I personally find "Jet Audio pro" is good option but you have to buy am3d plugin also!..Sounds good with it!!!

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #269 of 453
There are 3,5 mm jack adapters with different ohm power? which one to choose?

Well if you get more than 50 ohm then its fine! But bit lower also will not make any harm. As if you connect headphone with the adapter in the order I mentioned before, it will always show "External device connected" .So no issues!!.

Look for bit good quality so that you dont loose any audio data throughout.Also take adapter whose jack has 3 rings visible atleast ! Easy to go on with it.

Enjoy audio :)

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #270 of 453
Get a jack adapter 3.5 mm male to female..or aux cable...First put that in G6 3.5 port and then in its another end connect to your headphone. What I am trying to say u can search in amazon as : " 3.5 male to female"..You will get the idea what i am saying.

**Maintain this order !!!! : first connect that adapter to phone without connecting headphone in it.Then connect your headphone to its another end***

Once you do, G6 will show" External Audio device connected "..And You can enjoy in that mode full four dacs!!!:) Volume will be high so start from low!
So when we talking about quad dac is only about higher volume? What about the quality?

Is the sound difference so noticable? And what about if i want to use wireless headphones? Cause i listen music when i am running and exercising at gym.

Wired or Wireless, quad dac or not , i guess i wont understand difference on sound quality.. But i like this phone cause of its small dimensions, a little weight, water resistant. All of these important when i am running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back