LG G6 Sound Quality
Jul 3, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #215 of 453
Westone um pro 50 audio technica ath-e70 westone w40
Test treble on this song but with flac files. I focus on treble first to me. Treble seperates the men from the boys. But i love my mids and bass.

Westone um pro 50 audio technica ath-e70 westone w40
Test treble on this song but with flac files. I focus on treble first to me. Treble seperates the men from the boys. But i love my mids and bass.
]

Okay. Then I got it.

Jul 3, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #219 of 453
You heard the g6 and v20? Which do you prefer?

For my preference, v20 is more matching.

But yeah they're both good. just different tone.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #220 of 453
All I know is from owning all these devices is that SQ for me is G6 beats V20 beats Axon 7 but all fall short of Granbeat which falls short of AK240..[/QUOTE]

TRUE G6 to me clearly better than v20 from short testing

Jul 3, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #221 of 453
LOL the V20 cannot drive the HD800 anywhere near it's potential. Even the AK240 will be pushed single ended, balanced it has better results but still nowhere near the HD800 potential. If you are going to compare the V20 and AK240 then use them with earphones or headphones that can show their potentials instead of being underdriven. I liked the V20 when compared to other mobile phones but it still comes short when compared to dedicated DAPs like the AK240.
I've been using JH Roxannes listening to the G6 and the Granbeat. These can be driven easily by both players but I get more details and better staging and layering with the Granbeat. Mind you I am using the Roxannes with balanced out of the Granbeat but in AGC mode so should be same power as single ended.
For fun I did try both G6 and Granbeat with my HD800 but didn't like the sound from G6, underdriven and thin. It sounded better with the Granbeat from balanced out but still not to it's full potential. I admit I'm not a golden eared audiophile, just someone that enjoys music played right.
Don't read too much into the specs, ES9218 may share hyperstream II used in ES9038 but it's still a mobile dac like the ES9018. Whats's more important is how it's been implemented. ES9218 should have AVC as well but have seen no evidence of that being used on either of the LG phones. Don't confuse the desktop dacs like 9038 with the 9218. I compared the ES9018 desktop dac used in the iBasso DX100 with the ES9018 mobile dac used in the DX90 and there was huge difference in quality.
In the end you should let your ears decide which is better depending on the equipment you will use with it. Trying to run high impedance, hard to drive headphones with 2 portable players then deciding they both sound the same does not paint the true picture of their performance.
Would like to hear your thoughts on flat nonforgiving iem like audio-technica ath-e70 with the dacs and phones. Someone using different iem said v20 > ak240.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #222 of 453
All I know is from owning all these devices is that SQ for me is G6 beats V20 beats Axon 7 but all fall short of Granbeat which falls short of AK240..

Since you own both, does the G6 nullify most of the bass you'd expect from your iem?. If so, is it really apparent compared to the V20?. I am not a bass head but i do want it as intended. I'd appreciate any feedback before i jump to the G6.

Jul 4, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #223 of 453

May I please ask what adapter this is actually called and where you can buy it? (e.g. from Amazon?)
I Just got my LG G6 with Quad Dac and I'm new to cell phones, so I don't even know what I'm doing yet.
Don't even know how to copy music to it or even how to play music. (yes this is my first ever cell phone. I'm a PC game player).

Jul 4, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #225 of 453
Since you own both, does the G6 nullify most of the bass you'd expect from your iem?. If so, is it really apparent compared to the V20?. I am not a bass head but i do want it as intended. I'd appreciate any feedback before i jump to the G6.
Bass was fine to me on the G6. I didn't notice low bass just more clarity imho. Just like flac files has less bass than mp3 or tidal hifi less bass than google but more clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back