LG G6 Sound Quality
Jun 6, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #181 of 453
Hi

I tried my LG G6 EU version today with the Dragonfly Black. I far prefer the sound out of the headphonejack compared to the Dragonfly. The G6 is better than my old S7 Edge, so it's not bad I think.

Did you try V4A on your EU G6? Could it give it the missing dynamic range to be as good as Quad DAC and HTC 10?
I use small earphones like KZ ATES and ZS3 so no big headphones with high ohm, but I am picky on instruments separation, soundstage and dynamic range to make my music as pure as possible

Jun 6, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #182 of 453
I have acquired a G6 with quad dac.
Definitely can hear the quad effect. Very airy and depth synonymous with ess sabre.

Very smooth sound.

Jun 6, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #186 of 453
From what I understand, the Quad Dac difference can be heard only with high ohms headphones, with ''classic'' 16-18 ohms you won't hear a difference with a G6 non-QuadDac
Maybe the amplifier for low impedance is not good ... I'll test with the adapter.
So maybe that's it, I'll try to use the adapter today to see if it changes ...
Maybe the amplifier for low impedance is not good ... I'll test with the adapter.

Jun 7, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #191 of 453
Jun 7, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #192 of 453
I mean like, what does it do? Is it a simple adapter or does it trick the phone into thinking the impedance is higher than it really is?
It is a simple adapter, I do not know for sure what it does, it seems that it plays with maximum amplification or close to that, conventional 9-16 ohms headphones get horrible sound, when you turn on the quad dac the sound dies, because the amplifier I believe That is not triggered at this impedance. It's worth the test, I was impressed, very impressed. It gains in everything, dynamics, extension, volume, attack ...

Jun 7, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #193 of 453
It is a simple adapter, I do not know for sure what it does, it seems that it plays with maximum amplification or close to that, conventional 9-16 ohms headphones get horrible sound, when you turn on the quad dac the sound dies, because the amplifier I believe That is not triggered at this impedance. It's worth the test, I was impressed, very impressed. It gains in everything, dynamics, extension, volume, attack ...
Hmm, maybe it's an adapter with resistors inside that artificially increase the impedance of whatever's plugged in it...

Jun 9, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #195 of 453
I've got a question for you guys...so would the Quad Dac version work properly with Verizon here in the States? Or are there band issues? Can somebody please comment, because I might be down to the G6 or V20 for a new phone since the U11 seems a bit dissapointing on the audio front. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back