LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ?
Oct 6, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #977 of 1,050
Ive not seen that case before for the DAC good find, but for me in not usually a fan of that type of case because i find its a pain to keep opening the cover to get to the screen and if it has a fall the cover normally flips open leaving the screen exposed, any other cases for the DAC you managed to find ? as these are the only other ones i could find:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361579889959?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=630952692222&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361585893824?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Voia-G5-Clean-Up-Transparent-Jelly-Case-For-LG-Hi-Fi-Plus-with-B-O-PLAY-LG-OEM-/222091743145?hash=item33b5b30fa9:g:5sAAAOSwKfVXFkuu

Unfortunately those the only others I've managed to find as well. I'd really like a little wider variety to choose from, hopefully more will follow eventually.

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #978 of 1,050
Unfortunately those the only others I've managed to find as well. I'd really like a little wider variety to choose from, hopefully more will follow eventually.

Peter how would you say the Cambridge Audio DACMagic Plus compares to the LG G5 with DAC module because reading through this thread weeks ago many who own the Dragonfly  which is normally rated #1 in class virtually everyone says its now even close the DAC module easily beats it what do you think ?

Oct 7, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #979 of 1,050
Peter how would you say the Cambridge Audio DACMagic Plus compares to the LG G5 with DAC module because reading through this thread weeks ago many who own the Dragonfly  which is normally rated #1 in class virtually everyone says its now even close the DAC module easily beats it what do you think ?

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to compare the two yet. To be honest I've hardly even listened to the DACmagic, with have to wait and answer this until I've finished my review of the DACmagic.

Fwiw I've owned the original Dragonfly for a long time and found it not very impressive. The best thing it had going for itself was the size.

Oct 7, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #980 of 1,050
I know it is a little naughty to cross post, however for those that use UAPP, grab the update... NOW!

My recent post from the UAPP thread...

Ooh, thank you Davy Wentzler and team, exciting to see the update with the LG B&O hardware volume fix, can now run bit perfect :) I swear going from software to hardware, and with bit perfect enabled that the SQ is more precise, both tonally and in terms of positioning :)

Awesome as always :)

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #982 of 1,050
Have anyone found a solution to the big volume steps (5 at a time)?

I can never manage to get my preferred listening volume and this irritates me :wink:

Any suggestions are highly welcome.....

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #983 of 1,050
yes, when you change the volume, when the little volume box pops up at the top of the screen when your phone is unlocked, before it disappears you can move the slider manually to adjust the volume in increments of 1. Be careful as its pretty sensitive. 

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #984 of 1,050
Have anyone found a solution to the big volume steps (5 at a time)?

I can never manage to get my preferred listening volume and this irritates me :wink:

Any suggestions are highly welcome.....

Power amp alpha has the best 100 step volume, I use it on my v10 and it helps dial in the closest volume, better than my DAP for fine grain vol control with iem's.

You have to select the extra steps in the options.

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #985 of 1,050
Power amp alpha has the best 100 step volume, I use it on my v10 and it helps dial in the closest volume, better than my DAP for fine grain vol control with iem's.

Agreed. Just installed this on my V10 today and it makes a world of difference. After using it i cannot understand why no one has implemented this before. Don't think i can go back now. 

Oct 18, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #986 of 1,050

Thanks but I'm using UAPP that also has a 100 step volume when I'm not streaming. The problem is when streaming from Spotify, sorry I should've been more clear about that.

Oct 18, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #987 of 1,050
Thanks but I'm using UAPP that also has a 100 step volume when I'm not streaming. The problem is when streaming from Spotify, sorry I should've been more clear about that.

It's really a feature that needs to be available globally for all things audio, it's something that LG need to include the 100 step feature and EQ (or fully user selectable) in their audio phones, along with a high, medium, low power gain override setting.

Slowly but surely we will have these features included on our stock cell phones

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #988 of 1,050
It's really a feature that needs to be available globally for all things audio, it's something that LG need to include the 100 step feature and EQ (or fully user selectable) in their audio phones, along with a high, medium, low power gain override setting.

Slowly but surely we will have these features included on our stock cell phones

Aha I see, thanks for clarifying. I've got my doubts LG will ever fix this but only time will show....

Oct 26, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #990 of 1,050

Users who are viewing this thread

Back