LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ?
Apr 30, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #587 of 1,050
Apr 30, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #588 of 1,050
Onkyo, UAPP, Hiby have their own trick of bypassing Android system as far as I understand. This is not the case for Poweramp and Neutron. Is there any way to find out what sample rate the G5 is sending to the B&O module?

With the Onkyo player seems like the G5 is able to feed the B&O module with 176.4khz upsampled PCM data...

Apr 30, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #590 of 1,050
With the G5 and B&O, which music player sounds better? Onkyo or LG's stock player?

I cannot compare the 2 players since most of my files r in ALAC which G5's built in player does not support.

So quite comparison for G5+B&O vs V10 and vs AK380 briefly. Used Roxanne 2 with black dragon V2 and Sony Z5 in single ended.

First thing is the sonic signature for the V10 and G5B&O are very similar, V10 got the smaller soundstage and more upclose vocals. G5B&O is got the bigger and slightly bigger soundstage and vocals r slightly more distant than the V10. Mid bass is more detailed and better resolved with the G5 combo, also noticed slightly less sibilant when playing lesser vocal recordings with the G5B&O combo vs V20 when used with Roxanne 2. Vs AK 380 ofcourse its something else with better macro and micro dynamics and also more resolved in various departments esp high frequencies.

So far been using the G5 combo for 24 hrs and the V10 for a few months, will report back if the SQ does change with more time.

Apr 30, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #591 of 1,050
LG G5 vs HTC 10 is the comparison i really want to know more about.

May 1, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #592 of 1,050
A few observations, the B&O module runs pretty warm after say 10 minutes. Battery life definitely not as good as V10. Does have some minor clashes with the Onkyo app. Sound on the neutral side so better off with some slightly warm iems.

May 1, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #593 of 1,050
Using my se846 at the min with the white filters. Have used Poweramp v3 and USB Audio Player Pro, very happy with the results!

Sounds close to my Mojo, much better than stock, everything is improved. Just going to use it for a week and come back with a detailed review :D

If your on the fence, just buy it!

May 1, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #594 of 1,050
@Telacap99 

For someone about to buy the V10 or G5, what do you think would be better? Not just audio, but all round as a phone. Audio is number one priority, but has to function well in all respects. Not adding anything external to it either (ie. mojo). Are they close enough sound wise to call it a draw? 

May 2, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #595 of 1,050
just a question so if u buy the lg g5 from a country that does not sell the hifi module, can you buy the module elsewhere and make sure it will work with ur lg g5

May 2, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #598 of 1,050
  I confirmed this a while back. your device will not boot with the module attached. you will get error. circa about page 32-34 i believe

hmmm, how come, that is very strange, how about when u flash a rom from xda can u then make it work

May 2, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #599 of 1,050
@Telacap99

For someone about to buy the V10 or G5, what do you think would be better? Not just audio, but all round as a phone. Audio is number one priority, but has to function well in all respects. Not adding anything external to it either (ie. mojo). Are they close enough sound wise to call it a draw? 

Tough call since V10 offers good bang for the buck, good SQ, 64GB bulit in memory, true dual sim interface, better battery life and bigger screen. G5 offers slightly better functionality as a phone, like more refined interface and dual focal length cameras so on. For me the SQ improvement is incremental, not exactly a huge step forward.

Today tried the G5 combo with T8ie, Layla 2, and Oriolus. All sounded better than matching with Roxanne 2.

May 2, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #600 of 1,050
Tough call since V10 offers good bang for the buck, good SQ, 64GB bulit in memory, true dual sim interface, better battery life and bigger screen. G5 offers slightly better functionality as a phone, like more refined interface and dual focal length cameras so on. For me the SQ improvement is incremental, not exactly a huge step forward.

Today tried the G5 combo with T8ie, Layla 2, and Oriolus. All sounded better than matching with Roxanne 2.

Well lay out statements :). I a,mooing with HtC 10 and hopefully it is not a joke ...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back