LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ?
May 2, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #601 of 1,050
Tough call since V10 offers good bang for the buck, good SQ, 64GB bulit in memory, true dual sim interface, better battery life and bigger screen. G5 offers slightly better functionality as a phone, like more refined interface and dual focal length cameras so on. For me the SQ improvement is incremental, not exactly a huge step forward.

Today tried the G5 combo with T8ie, Layla 2, and Oriolus. All sounded better than matching with Roxanne 2.

Hmm. Still a tough call. We never got the V10 in Canada, so i would have to import it. Not a problem, but no official carrier support. The G5 is available, but the B&O module is not yet in north america. No official word yet on when or if. I believe it will eventually get released here but it might be awhile. the only real turn off of the V10 for me is its size. 

May 2, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #602 of 1,050
Hmm. Still a tough call. We never got the V10 in Canada, so i would have to import it. Not a problem, but no official carrier support. The G5 is available, but the B&O module is not yet in north america. No official word yet on when or if. I believe it will eventually get released here but it might be awhile. the only real turn off of the V10 for me is its size. 

So sounds like the V10 will be more accessible for u...

May 2, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #605 of 1,050
  Unbelievable. Just finished an email chat with LG support in Canada. They said the B&O module will "never" come to Canada. Only available in the US due to "high demand". What garbage.

Most of the sales rep are useless, they don't know what they are talking about, if the phones is sold in canada, the hifi plus will get there sooner or later, it could be just some regulations that they need to deal with.

May 2, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #606 of 1,050
  @Telacap99 

For someone about to buy the V10 or G5, what do you think would be better? Not just audio, but all round as a phone. Audio is number one priority, but has to function well in all respects. Not adding anything external to it either (ie. mojo). Are they close enough sound wise to call it a draw? 

I've also owned the V10, and now I have the G5 with hifi and cam plus, I will consider the V10 if you don't mind the larger size, the modular of the G5 is still in the early stage, may be the G5 is only a test subject to see peoples reaction, and many problems arises with the G5 around the built ( not regarding the finish touch and metal feel problem that is surfacing the internet), The phone is not mature yet, also not a true modular phone.

As for sound, the differences is only a minor, and LG really has no problem in putting the B&O DAC into the phone, it's just marketing and a way to make more money.

regarding what I have mentioned, the G5 is considered a good phone, may be LG will upgrade the G5 into a G6 with a better approach.

For me the V10 is only big, but it well built has everything you need in a top spec phone, and with a price reduce, it's offer better valve.

Also to consider that the LG G5 with the modular, it's not easy to find a case to support the add-on accessories, it took me awhiles to fine a case to support the hifi plus and the cam plus.

May 2, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #607 of 1,050
How does the HiFi plus compare to say the Mojo or a dedicated DAP like the Onkyo DP-X1 or similar?  I know it won't be in the same league but does it come close?  
I've just got the G5 and about to pull the trigger on the HIFi module with the intention of possibly moving the Mojo or DP-X1 on.

May 2, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #608 of 1,050
Would you have a link to a case that works with the b&o module?

It's pretty close to the mojo, in fact I might sell my mojo. The module in the bottom is so convenient.

Currently listening with my HD650s and once again I have a smile on my face. It's actually better than I expected.

May 5, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #612 of 1,050
Would you have a link to a case that works with the b&o module?

It's pretty close to the mojo, in fact I might sell my mojo. The module in the bottom is so convenient.

Currently listening with my HD650s and once again I have a smile on my face. It's actually better than I expected.

So would you say it's better than the Galaxy S7 sound?

May 5, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #613 of 1,050
My HiFi Plus module arrived this morning and so far I'm a bit underwhelmed with it.  The amp section doesn't appear to be very powerful, only giving a little extra volume to the earphones I tried.  Sound quality is improved and did sound really good, going to compare against the DP-X1 tomorrow but I cant see it matching the Mojo if I'm honest.

May 5, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #614 of 1,050
  My HiFi Plus module arrived this morning and so far I'm a bit underwhelmed with it.  The amp section doesn't appear to be very powerful, only giving a little extra volume to the earphones I tried.  Sound quality is improved and did sound really good, going to compare against the DP-X1 tomorrow but I cant see it matching the Mojo if I'm honest.

can u tell what headphones or iems u used it with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back