LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox)
Feb 18, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #16 of 633
These may be my first LFF headphones too. Lucky for me, ZD pulled the trigger before I did, so I can have a long audition before buying. 

Isolation is EXCELLENT (and that is one of the main reasons I'm interested in these). I was amazed at how it drowned out all of that meet noise. Not sure about noise leakage though, but I'd assume its likewise excellent. 

Feb 18, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #18 of 633
  How comfortable and light is the headphone? Is the cable replacable?

Yes, 4 pin XLRs. Also, the Enigma's are currently at my house 
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #19 of 633
  These may be my first LFF headphones too. Lucky for me, ZD pulled the trigger before I did, so I can have a long audition before buying. 

Isolation is EXCELLENT (and that is one of the main reasons I'm interested in these). I was amazed at how it drowned out all of that meet noise. Not sure about noise leakage though, but I'd assume its likewise excellent. 

Thanks!
Guess I'm going to be contacting Luis... :wink:

Feb 18, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #21 of 633
Feb 18, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #22 of 633
Sorry for the bad quality.. :p Wine finish by the way.

Feb 18, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #23 of 633
Wow, the news seems to have exploded all over the place. Good to see Luis made a splash with his new headphone at the SF meet. I'll also be demoing these in the next few weeks alongside wolfetan44. Expect an audio360 article in the next few weeks. Since the Enigma is no longer a secret anyone have any pics they could possibly share? I was hoping to see some pics of the different wood choices and how they looked on the finished product.

Feb 18, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #24 of 633
Looking good!  The pads look very comfy and the wood housing looks fantastic.  I like the high chrome-finish of the headband and bails, but the headband padding doesn't seem to jive with the rest of the aesthetic.

Feb 18, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #26 of 633
  Yes, 4 pin XLRs. Also, the Enigma's are currently at my house 
biggrin.gif

No... can't be... I'm coming over right now... wink wink I'm in SF too... hehehe. I really wish I can make it to meet on Sunday but have to work.

Thanks for taking some pictures. Looks really nice. I wonder if it will be even cheaper if Luis uses 3D printing like his Alpha Dog.

Feb 18, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #28 of 633
Looks interesting... except the shiny metal parts and wood housing ugh =_=
Hope it will at least has some black painted finish options..

Feb 18, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #29 of 633
Call me crazy, but am I the only one that thinks these things look ugly?

Feb 18, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #30 of 633
 Too bad it repels insects, now I'll have to find something to pair it with other than the Dragonfly...

and here i thought it had to do with looking for a comfy spot for the MOTHs

I spent some time up in the sanctuary listening to these. The first time was with a track i have heard so much recently that I know it by heart - the eagles Hotel California ( Hell freezes Over ) , that kick bass comes in and ..... well balanced bass. This is just wrong , that track is meant to have an overblown bass intro. I keep listening and things are more familiar with a few other tracks and finally my mind is split apart by the absolutely fantastic remaster of Living Stereo's Witches Brew

it was only later when I was chatting to annax and lff that I learned that the Eagles recording had been remastered and the bass had been smoothed out to be more accurate and it thus sounded true to the recording. The Enigma's have that sense of delicacy where small details are noted and they don't collapse with complex music. Really exceptional sounding closed headphones. I resisted the urge to pry too deeply into their makings other than discussing the labour of love that is Suji. 

..dB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back