LF A Good Pair of "Cans" $250 Under
Aug 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:
Ok thanks so much for you help guys I think I'm going with the Akg Q701  What sound card would be a good match. Under $150 would be great !!!!!!

Thanks for your time and effort :)

- Moe

Congrats on your decision! Welcome to the Q Club! Anyway, to answer your sound card question, look at the ASUS Xonar series. Particularly the 

[size=1.7em] ASUS PCI-Express x1 Sound Card XONAR ESSENCE STX/90-YAA0C0-0UAN00Z[/size]

It's around $175 on Amazon, but there are tons of Xonar choices, most are excellent. I even use a Xonar. :) Have fun with your new Headphones!

P.S. What color will you be getting?

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:
Green or black hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thanks so much guys its great to be a part of this awesome forum community !!!!!!!!!!!

:)

-Moe

Well, welcome to the family! I joined not but 2 months back, and I love it here. Go for the green!

Aug 23, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:
Green or black hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thanks so much guys its great to be a part of this awesome forum community !!!!!!!!!!!

:)

-Moe

NP :) have fun opamp rolling, AKGs in general change their sound a fair amount when you do. so you fine tune its sound signature to your tastes, and remember they have serious burn in time, out the box the bass will be a little sloppy, and the highs a bit shrill, about 200 hours should be fine. Also the pads will soften to your heads shape and make a better seal which will help things. 

Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet

Aug 25, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #20 of 24
Hey guys just got my set of cans today they feel and look awesome !!!
For some reasons though I just feel they should be louder is it because I'm not using a separate sound card but on board ?
Or maybe is it the quality of the music/ game I'm Listening to ??

I got the Lime ones btw :)

Thanks for your time

- Moe

Aug 25, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #21 of 24
The Q701 isn't exactly easy to drive and need some power behind them. You're gonna want an amp, or a soundcard with a decent built-in amp.

Aug 25, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #23 of 24
I don't know your price range. As far as entry with high praise, the O2 is the usual recommendation. The Matrix M Stage is probably the most popular choice. You can buy the one with the USB option which has a built in dac (which I hear is fine, until you wanna spend money on a dedicated DAC/soundcard).

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #24 of 24
Hey

Thanks for your time my budget would be $150 I saw the 02 and the xonar essence there about the same price anyone have any experience .

Do you think a external amp will work or is this the way to go.
My motherboard is evga ftw sli 3 x58 board
The only problem I have is that is really low.

Thanks for the time guys sorry for dragging this topic out my first time.

- Moe[/I]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back