Lets Talk Metal
Nov 17, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #4,741 of 29,680

Quote:
Listened to Ritual by TBDM. Liked it quite a bit. 

i agree completely...Its amazing. I really wanted to post my favorite song from the cd, but honestly i can't pick one, i think every single song on the cd is the best one, except for maybe Den Of The Picquerist, but even that has its own kind of charm.

well fudge it ill post some anyways

Nov 18, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #4,742 of 29,680
Remember someone mentioned funeral doom. As I said, its really cool, but you have to very patient. I can't tell you awesome Esoteric's Paragon of Dissonance 2CD set it.

I submit funeral doomish awesomeness:

Nov 18, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #4,743 of 29,680

Quote:
I have a russian band i have to show you people

Really well recorded and great band with a female singer. Folk metal ftw.

Thanks for the link, I'm liking it a lot.

Nov 18, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #4,744 of 29,680
Nov 18, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #4,745 of 29,680

Quote:
i agree completely...Its amazing. I really wanted to post my favorite song from the cd, but honestly i can't pick one, i think every single song on the cd is the best one, except for maybe Den Of The Picquerist, but even that has its own kind of charm.

well fudge it ill post some anyways

nice to see a band still pumping out good albums over time, i see way too many great bands go down the toilet further and further with every release.

even my beloved fleshgod apocalypse put out a new album that didn't impress me :frowning2:

Nov 18, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #4,746 of 29,680

Quote:
nice to see a band still pumping out good albums over time, i see way too many great bands go down the toilet further and further with every release.

even my beloved fleshgod apocalypse put out a new album that didn't impress me :frowning2:

You could always take wintersuns advice and release your first album then take all of time to release the second building the anticipation.

Nov 18, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #4,748 of 29,680

Quote:
lol you mean kind of like cynic did....

They had a big task of following up focus, and they did well, even if it did take so long.

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #4,750 of 29,680

Quote:
They had a big task of following up focus, and they did well, even if it did take so long.

I would wait 10 years for a groundbreaking album rather than hear a rushed jam session spat out by a record label a year or two later.

Bad albums spoil the legacy of the entire band to me *coughs* opeth *cough* but thats just my opinion of course

Nov 19, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #4,751 of 29,680

Quote:

I would wait 10 years for a groundbreaking album rather than hear a rushed jam session spat out by a record label a year or two later.

Bad albums spoil the legacy of the entire band to me *coughs* opeth *cough* but thats just my opinion of course

Hmm, I've only heard Heritage, Blackwater park, and watershed, I liked all of those, that only leaves 7 albums I'm yet to hear.
I really need to get around to buying more opeth albums....

Nov 19, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #4,752 of 29,680

C'mon, really? Heritage bashing is lame. Its a great album musically. Its also wonderful live. I agree its not death metal.

Metallica and Morbid Angel are more in the club you are talking about.

Nov 19, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #4,753 of 29,680

Quote:
C'mon, really? Heritage bashing is lame. Its a great album musically. Its also wonderful live. I agree its not death metal.
Metallica and Morbid Angel are more in the club you are talking about.

Agreed. The more I've listened to Heritage, the more I like it. At the very least its easily better than Watershed.

Nov 19, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #4,754 of 29,680
Are there really people so closed minded they can't listen to Heritage and enjoy it for it's musical value, just because it isn't as 'br00tal' as some of their previous works?
Some metal fans are a bit suspect as to whether or not they listen to the music or just smack their faces on tables in time with the drums.....

Nov 19, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #4,755 of 29,680

Quote:
Are there really people so closed minded they can't listen to Heritage and enjoy it for it's musical value, just because it isn't as 'br00tal' as some of their previous works?
Some metal fans are a bit suspect as to whether or not they listen to the music or just smack their faces on tables in time with the drums.....

Peh, all of opeth's albums have been based on musicality. 

I just didn't enjoy the "plugged-out" touch that heritage had, and I felt that musically, save for a few moments, that it didn't reach near the emotional power or impact that their previous albums had. It felt as though it was a backstage jam session with very little layering and touch and effort.

I never listened to opeth for their death metal aspects, but it did add a bit of contrast and power to their music that felt left out in this album. 

God, It's amazing how sensitive people are to opinions here, especially when just about every thread and every thread reply has an opinion of it's own.

I don't know how you could venture to call an opeth fan "closed-minded" to begin with, when opeth is definately a niche and requires a taste of it's own.

That's just being pretentious -_-

I agree to sternly disagree. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back