Lets Talk Metal
Nov 17, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #4,726 of 29,684
Crap.

"Late October, Lisa announced to her fellow bandmembers she'd decided to leave Draconian starting as soon as possible. It had been on the table for some time.

It's with sadness we state this message. Lisa has, since her appearance on the Draconian demo Dark Oceans We Cry, continued to astonish and melt thousands of people's hearts over the years with her emotional vocal. The addition of Lisa is what helped us to get our long awaited record contract. We are very aware what she has meant to our band and the legacy she's left us with.

We are further sorry about all fans that never got the chance to see this line-up of Draconian; a line-up that made Draconian what it is today. This bad news will however not mean the end for us. The band is determined to enter a new era of productivity and artistic expression.

Lisa's appearance with Draconian at the 9th edition of Metal Female Voices in Belgium became her last show with the band. It's a worthy end of an almost 10 year calling and a beginning of something new for Draconian.

Our profoundest appreciation and gratitude to our friend Lisa Johansson for these years working together. We wish her and her family the best possible for the future."

Not the end. I am sure they can find another great female vocalist.

Nov 17, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #4,728 of 29,684
And 2012 will start with a bang:

"DRUDKH is back! The Ukrainian black poets' forthcoming album is entitled "Eternal Turn of the Wheel" and has been scheduled for a February 24th (28th in North America), 2012 release."

Nov 17, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #4,729 of 29,684

The only good women in metal are the psychedelic doom women. Goth and folk chicks gtfo. After bringing me a beer that is. 

*returns to do the dishes like a good boy while his gf is out clubbing with her friends* 

Nov 17, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #4,732 of 29,684

Quote:
How do you even do symphonic metal without a woman though?

You just don't do symphonic metal in general. At all. Never. I don't care who's singing. That song you posted sounds like bubblegum elevator muzak. 
normal_smile .gif

Btw, did you listen to my Menace Ruine link? No harsh vocals there. I don't know any women who do good harsh vocals apart from Julie Christmas:

Nov 17, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #4,733 of 29,684

Quote:

The only good women in metal are the psychedelic doom women. Goth and folk chicks gtfo. After bringing me a beer that is. 

*returns to do the dishes like a good boy while his gf is out clubbing with her friends* 

Your definitely a black metal elitist.

I like anything as long as it's metal.

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #4,735 of 29,684

Quote:

Hey Bcasey and Dave, she wants to sing in your band! 
bigsmile_face.gif

As much as most metalheads hate to admit it metal isn't about image. At least it shouldn't be.

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #4,737 of 29,684

Quote:

You just don't do symphonic metal in general. At all. Never. I don't care who's singing. That song you posted sounds like bubblegum elevator muzak. 
normal_smile%20.gif

Btw, did you listen to my Menace Ruine link? No harsh vocals there. I don't know any women who do good harsh vocals apart from Julie Christmas:

Symphonic metal is hardly my favorite, although I do enjoy Delain. Nevertheless, the point stands. Symphonic metal with a dude is not worth doing. I did listen to your Menace Ruine, meh. I prefer The Wounded Kings for that sort of thing.

Loana dp Valencia did an OK job on the Dreams of Damnation album, but generally I think the harsh female vocalist amounts to little more than a parlor trick - there for boobs rather than talent.

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #4,739 of 29,684

Quote:

ive heard everything they've released so far for the new album, and im so freaking stoked for it to finally come out!

Also coming next year since apparently its already time to start talking about it, is a new cd from Allegaeon and a new cd from Swallow the Sun. Next year is already amazing...

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #4,740 of 29,684
Listened to Ritual by TBDM. Liked it quite a bit. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back