Lets Talk Metal
Nov 14, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #4,697 of 29,701

Quote:
(hey DaveBSC, if you get to talk about Fair to Midland and Soups (where is he?) keeps talking about Bilateral which to me isn't EVEN metal, I can talk about Giant Squid, fair?)

Not even metal?? NOT EVEN METAL???????????????????? If a zombie Ronnie James Dio burned Lars Ulrich on an inverted cross while playing Dragonforce in doubletime on a guitar made of Satan's right bicep it wouldn't be as metal as Bilateral!!!! I heard those guys eat their Froot Loops with baby's blood every weekday morning!!! TR00 KVLT!!!!!!!

Sooooooooooooooooo maybe I exaggerate slightly. I do have to say that Bilateral rocked my face completely off my face though. Definitely one of the best I've heard in a couple of years. Especially with a couple of disappointments here lately (Heritage, new Animals as Leaders, The Hunter, etc)...

Nov 14, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #4,698 of 29,701

Quote:
@Negakinu:
I think *this* maybe the best Black Metal album of 2011:

better than Anaal Nathrahk???? i think not 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 14, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #4,699 of 29,701

Quote:
Not even metal?? NOT EVEN METAL???????????????????? If a zombie Ronnie James Dio burned Lars Ulrich on an inverted cross while playing Dragonforce in doubletime on a guitar made of Satan's right bicep it wouldn't be as metal as Bilateral!!!! I heard those guys eat their Froot Loops with baby's blood every weekday morning!!! TR00 KVLT!!!!!!!

Sooooooooooooooooo maybe I exaggerate slightly. I do have to say that Bilateral rocked my face completely off my face though. Definitely one of the best I've heard in a couple of years. Especially with a couple of disappointments here lately (Heritage, new Animals as Leaders, The Hunter, etc)...

i agree completely, im almost willing to say that it's tied with Ritual as my favorite of the year, and its definitely a super duper close second, i love Bilateral

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #4,700 of 29,701
Just finished listening to 19 A.D.D.'s new album, "Gaia".

Since their debut album, Dead River, I think these guys have really improved. Before, they were characterized by their complete unpredictability and constant changing of sound, and that's still there, but it's a much more focused effort this time around. It seems that they've homed in on their unique sound and matured as a band, and Gaia really shows it. While Dead River had that unpredictability, I felt that it still kept the same atmosphere throughout the album, and that could get tedious at times. Gaia brings in fresh new sounds and instruments, while still remaining unmistakably "19A.D.D.". It's overall more eclectic than the previous release, so it kept my attention the entire time. There are some really great moments and solos that stand out, and although they seem random at times, the album manages to stay cohesive as a whole (how, I don't know). I do think the production was better on DR, but that's just a preference. DR was a very bright sound, and the guitar stood out really well. Gaia is darker and seems to have an emphasis on bass, which has me turning the volume down with my Ultrasones. Also, the case is way cheaper.

Overall, a great post metal album and worth checking out if you're into that. 8.8/10 from me.

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #4,701 of 29,701

Quote:
i agree completely, im almost willing to say that it's tied with Ritual as my favorite of the year, and its definitely a super duper close second, i love Bilateral

It's definitely up there for me as well. If Deconstruction and ADTOE weren't in the way it would be #1.

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #4,704 of 29,701
@Trogdor nice find x2, good music.  Visited their myspace and was like wt is this Indie graphics
blink.gif
  Demo is pretty good also, can be bought for a donation in flac format.  If only all music was this easy to access.

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #4,705 of 29,701
better than Anaal Nathrahk???? i think not :tongue_smile:

Without a doubt.

Anaal Nathranhk isn't even black dude, its UK grindcore unless I have my bands screwed up.

I might go see Deafheaven tonight. We shall see. Their debut album is truly incredible. Soups, get on it.

Negakinu (my GO TOO BME) already has a SPOT ON description.

Nov 15, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #4,707 of 29,701

You pick the heaviest song off the album which the dude from Bilateral already admitted that is the "heaviest thing they have ever done!"
I still say Bilateral is closer to prog rock than metal. Sue me.

I can't relate on any level to this whole djenty The Mars Volta worship. Protest The Hero, Leprous...  They sound like screamo Yngwie Malmsteen and Deftones-fans competing in an arpeggio contest. I'm too old for this schiit. TOO OLD, TOO COLD! 

Nov 15, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #4,709 of 29,701
I can't relate on any level to this whole djenty The Mars Volta worship. Protest The Hero, Leprous...  They sound like screamo Yngwie Malmsteen and Deftones-fans competing in an arpeggio contest. I'm too old for this schiit. TOO OLD, TOO COLD! 

Exactlly. I saw Mars Volta before they were djent and considered cool (they were a small act opening up for System of a Down). Don't get me wrong, bands like Protest The Hero (I SWEAR the leader singer sounds a bit like Coheed), Leprous, are solid acts and a lot of fun.

But they are borderline metal if you ask me. And they definitely reek of scream-o.

I *STILL* don't get the Deftones. I just don't get it. Help me, why are they so awesome again?

New Blut Aus Nord is stellar. Definitely more atmospheric than their earlier work but still has that signature industrial darkness to it. I think I like it better than Sects. Clearly, the French government should now make Black Metal their official music and have Alcest re-tool the national anthem. It just common sense if you ask me.

Well I am a happy camper, I am going to see Rammstein's new show and probably check out Machine Head on their headlining tour. I need to hear the new Locust stuff live. Its really good.

Alright Soups, enough of this djenty scream-o worship, Cormorant's new CD is weeks away. Please hype this up. Its your job not mine. I can't take credit for it (even though I will be listed as benefactors on the album itself).

Nov 15, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #4,710 of 29,701

I am not a Leprous fan but THIS IS EPIC \m/

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back