Lets Talk Metal
Sep 26, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #4,381 of 29,680
This is my friends band. It's only a demo and he says he recorded it with his iphone.

Sep 26, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #4,382 of 29,680

Quote:
This is my friends band. It's only a demo and he says he recorded it with his iphone.

In a Day and Age where you can, with the use of a $100 microphone, and a $100 interface/external soundcard, free DAW's, Programmable drums, and other free software, make high quality recording, mixed and all, it seems mad to record demos, using an iphone....

Sep 26, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #4,384 of 29,680
If you guys don't like this, I hate you all

Just kidding :)

Sep 26, 2011 at 7:44 AM Post #4,385 of 29,680

Lol. Ok you win, that's awesome, even if I'm not really a Kvelertak fan.

Actually I thought you won with the DT vid. Those guys are still carrying the Swedish melodeath flag high.

Dave, I think you and one other person doesn't like Kvelertak's debut album. I believe both of you should see a doctor, quick.

I mean to ask, have you checked out Leprous or Anubis Gate? I ask you because you seem to dig some prog metal.

And something else for you Dave:

Sep 26, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #4,386 of 29,680

Quote:
In a Day and Age where you can, with the use of a $100 microphone, and a $100 interface/external soundcard, free DAW's, Programmable drums, and other free software, make high quality recording, mixed and all, it seems mad to record demos, using an iphone....

But then again it gives it rather tr00 and kvlt feeling.
evil_smiley.gif

Regarding the song, it has potential. I would really like to hear a good quality version some time.

Sep 26, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #4,387 of 29,680
How about Pelican? (Similar to Isis) or Scale The Summit? 

Quote:
Any recommendations for other good post-metal/sludge bands like Agalloch, Alcest, Altar of Plagues, Isis, and Les Discrets?  I started looking at some of the other bands on Nuclear Blast, but they don't seem as interesting.  I'm not a fan of Drudkh or Empyrium, unfortunately.  I was browsing some depressive black metal, but it seems to be missing something the bands above have.

EDIT: Don't have much time to answer or check this thread lately, so my replies are rather fast and/or partially incorrect. 

Sep 26, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #4,388 of 29,680

Check out Epic Face @ 1:05! 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
lol well i would say Lady Gaga, but i dont hate her at all...i love Lady Gaga. So i guess ill go with Katy Perry, i really wish i could hate her, and those are the only two hiphop/pop style artists i listen to.

Sep 26, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #4,390 of 29,680

Quote:
so guys, i think i may need some help, ive been listening to this album a bunch, mixed in with leprous, anubis gate, and ritual...

Ah blood stein child. Techno metal. They aren't bad but i prefer japans other melodic death bands like followbane or shadow.

Sep 27, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #4,391 of 29,680

Quote:
How about Pelican? (Similar to Isis) or Scale The Summit? 

He Asked for Post-metal/Sludge.

Pelican fits that description nicely.
But seriously, Scale the Summit are nothing like any post-roc/metal band, and their sound is so far away from sludge, you might as well have written katy perry.
Scale the Summit are an amazing Instrumental metal band, self described as 'Adventure Metal' Because their songs give this great sense of freedom, and adventure.
They have some seriously great tones, mostly in their lead and clean tones (guitar) [rhythm tone is a tad mushy for my liking] The bass is tight, and snappy, and the drums are very good, cymbals sit nicely, and aren't piercing, and kick etc are nice and deep, not cardboard like as some drums are.

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:33 AM Post #4,392 of 29,680
Sep 27, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #4,393 of 29,680
Need some recommendations:

Something Prog metal instrumental. Should sound like Opeth( Damnation/Heritage) with a hint of Animals as Leaders.
Maybe a pinch of Isis and Cloudkicker to finish it off.

I know I am insane, But what I meant was something which has a mix of instruments and awesome mastering. (No Vocals)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back