Lets Talk Metal
Sep 24, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #4,366 of 29,701

Quote:

I am still trying to assimilate Leprous. I have to tell you Prog Metal is a new area for me.

I have loved, - Animals as Leaders, Damnation and Heritage(Yet to listen to other albums) and Wildhoney.

I have always been a Core/Thrash lover and frankly I guess I am overwhelmed by Prog.

BTW, Song that I HATE ........................  

Keep listening and absorb everything. I can't stop listening to leprous they are simply amazing.

Sep 25, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #4,367 of 29,701
Hello all. I am in the mood for new metal but i am looking for bands with traditional european elements like stories to it. Folk metal is preferable. Something pagan would be best. Thanks.

Sep 25, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #4,371 of 29,701
Hello all. I am in the mood for new metal but i am looking for bands with traditional european elements like stories to it. Folk metal is preferable. Something pagan would be best. Thanks.

I could link you Tyr or Korpiklaani but I'm sure you have heard them, try this

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD0BiPor-d4[/VIDEO]

I can't get it to embed :xf_eek:

Sep 25, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #4,372 of 29,701

I am still trying to assimilate Leprous. I have to tell you Prog Metal is a new area for me.

I have loved, - Animals as Leaders, Damnation and Heritage(Yet to listen to other albums) and Wildhoney.

I have always been a Core/Thrash lover and frankly I guess I am overwhelmed by Prog.

BTW, Song that I HATE ........................  

If you like Leprous, seriously check out the new self-tilted Anubis Gate.

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #4,374 of 29,701
New Textures album coming September 27. Mastodon AND Textures on the same day?! I'm a very happy person
beyersmile.png

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #4,376 of 29,701
i am liking the anubis gate cd, but i dont think its as good as leprous

I don't know, its tough. The Gate CD is really good. I didn't think it was that good at first, but it has really grown on me.

But....I agree, the Leprous CD is really good too.

So Iconoclast, Bilateral, Heritage, and Gate....nice year for prog!

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #4,377 of 29,701

Quote:
New Textures album coming September 27. Mastodon AND Textures on the same day?! I'm a very happy person
beyersmile.png

i wish the textures did an album with all clean vocals, i think his growls personally suck IMHO. he should do what some bands do and have another band mate do the growls or just do a full album with cleans because i love his cleans vocals. 

I havn't seen any periphery on here, did they get too mainstream for you sub-genre hipsters or something? :D

Sep 25, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #4,378 of 29,701
Lol guys i want to work here.

Sep 26, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #4,380 of 29,701
Is anyone else watching metallica play live at rock in rio on youtube?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back