Lets Talk Metal
Jul 26, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #3,691 of 29,665

Quote:
beerchug.gif

Hey man I have found some of my new favorite bands on this thread. I have also learned A LOT about metal from you guys so hats off! All the selections are just wicked cool (even the stuff I don't necessary dig, I can respect).

And just one more time in honor of rehab (we miss you, lol):

TOO DIGITAR

Jul 26, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #3,692 of 29,665

Quote:
I'm totally digging the midrange of this track:

DIE 4 DETHKLOK

I'm hearing more than a little Obituary in there. As for the show, I just wish the 3rd season wasn't so crap. After they announced that the show was switching to a 22 minute format I thought it was going to be awesome - that it would mean a series on the level of episodes like Dethrelease, and that it would allow time for Brendon to include much longer songs. Instead, the songs basically disappeared, the violence got toned WAY down, and most of the episodes were boring throwaways. The first and last episodes of the season were amazing as usual. The rest might as well not've been made.

Jul 26, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #3,693 of 29,665
Completely agree - once the show was extended it became much worse, for all the reasons you outlined there :*( 

Love both Dethklok cds tho - and saw them live a couple years ago and it was great, brandon smalls is really talented

Jul 26, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #3,694 of 29,665

Quote:
Love both Dethklok cds tho - and saw them live a couple years ago and it was great, brandon smalls is really talented

Yeah the CDs were definitely great, although the second "deluxe edition" was a bit of a scam. I don't see how they do another one based on the third season though, I only remember like 4 or 5 songs in the whole thing. I wouldn't mind though if they went back to S1 and S2 and expanded some of the songs that they skipped over the first time around. There were some great ones.

Jul 26, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #3,695 of 29,665
Quote:
Yeah the CDs were definitely great, although the second "deluxe edition" was a bit of a scam. I don't see how they do another one based on the third season though, I only remember like 4 or 5 songs in the whole thing. I wouldn't mind though if they went back to S1 and S2 and expanded some of the songs that they skipped over the first time around. There were some great ones.

Totally! Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle specifically comes to mind...honestly, their best song and its not on any of their cds. Seriously, HOW IS THIS SONG NOT ON EITHER CD, ITS SO AMAZING

Jul 26, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #3,696 of 29,665

Quote:

They really owe us the "Impeach God" track. They really do.

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #3,699 of 29,665
new opeth.

i personally think it's alright but it is to much change for me. i like it but i think older opeth releases are much better.

your thoughts?

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #3,700 of 29,665

Quote:
new opeth.

i personally think it's alright but it is to much change for me. i like it but i think older opeth releases are much better.

your thoughts?

Holy ****, I didn't even realize they had a new album in the works
eek.gif

I agree, I love Still Life/BWP more than the rest, but Mikael wants to move on. And that track is amazing, can't wait for the album!

GOD IS DEAD

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #3,701 of 29,665

Quote:
Holy ****, I didn't even realize they had a new album in the works
eek.gif

I agree, I love Still Life/BWP more than the rest, but Mikael wants to move on. And that track is amazing, can't wait for the album!

GOD IS DEAD

it sounds more prog rock then metal imo.

but it's still really good. but i do miss the harsh vocals. but damnation had no harsh vocals and i loved it. so i will look forward to this.

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #3,702 of 29,665

Quote:
it sounds more prog rock then metal imo.

but it's still really good. but i do miss the harsh vocals. but damnation had no harsh vocals and i loved it. so i will look forward to this.

Agreed. I do wish Opeth would go back to the harsh vocal days, but Mikael has said in interviews that he pretty much hates their early releases now, and I'll never understand why. Damnation was awesome, but Watershed can't compare to Still Life or BWP.

Regardless, I eagerly await anything Opeth releases.

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #3,703 of 29,665

Quote:
Agreed. I do wish Opeth would go back to the harsh vocal days, but Mikael has said in interviews that he pretty much hates their early releases now, and I'll never understand why. Damnation was awesome, but Watershed can't compare to Still Life or BWP.

Regardless, I eagerly await anything Opeth releases.

what about ghost reveries? freaking love that album.

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #3,705 of 29,665

Quote:
I love every Opeth album, but if I was to rank them it would probably be Blackwater Park=Still Life>Everything else>Watershed.

if i were to be honest i haven't listened to watershed yet. but i would rank it.

still life> blackwater park> ghost reveries> orchid>morningrise> my arms your hearse> damnation > new stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back